• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

9 hours ago, Butero said:

This is not the easiest question to answer, because I can think of a three different women from the Old Testament that I admire that would be good choices, but I think I will go with Ruth.  She just has a wonderful spirit about her.  I think she would be a great wife.  After that, I would probably say Esther and Sarah.  New Testament is a bit harder, but I would probably lean towards Mary, the sister of Martha. 

Hey Butero, it has been interesting to read people's responses here. It is great that we can have different people in the Bible that we can admire and learn from. Blessings :) 

In keeping up with the idea that it is just a "what if" scenario, I would go with Solomon. It would be something to be married to a wise man. And with him having so many wives, we could take turns with the cooking and cleaning. And if the house is not as tidy as it should be, we could all work together to get things done. 

Having said this, I don't know a woman who would happily want to share their husband, so would probably opt for the man who is already in my life :)  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Annette said:

In keeping up with the idea that it is just a "what if" scenario, I would go with Solomon. It would be something to be married to a wise man. And with him having so many wives, we could take turns with the cooking and cleaning. And if the house is not as tidy as it should be, we could all work together to get things done. 

Having said this, I don't know a woman who would happily want to share their husband, so would probably opt for the man who is already in my life :)  

Ha Funny choice! :laugh:

Guess that would make you one in a 1,000.  ( one of 700 wives and 300 concubines :huh: )

Just how many "cooks" does one man need? 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Spouse, my sweet Texas Peach, after giving the proper and wise qualification  presuming I would not be available, stated rather quickly, Asa.

i want to marry the Whore of Babylon, because i always have had a thing for whores?

no, if i have a choice, probably someone like Ruth, who showed loyalty, integrity and character by sticking with Naomi through thick and thin.

Edited by Guest

On 8/26/2017 at 6:22 AM, Willa said:

Probably someone like Boaz or Joseph.  They are Godly steady men and it is not mentioned that they are martyred.  I might even choose John but he spends all the time on the Isle of Patmos.  Like many women, I am not the nomadic type.  Most men in the Bible are nomads, many raise stinky sheep, and in the NT they  get dispersed.  The prophets and apostles mostly are tortured.   David spends most his life running from Saul or his son.  Guess I am picky.:P

not to mention Genesis tells us Joseph was a real hottie, wildly successful and rich what women would not want him as a husband?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

5 hours ago, Redemption79 said:

not to mention Genesis tells us Joseph was a real hottie, wildly successful and rich what women would not want him as a husband?

I was thinking of Joseph, who wedded Mary and raised Jesus.  The carpenter.  Just looking for a steady humble man.  But then he may have died early.  I am not looking for wildly successful and rich.  

On 8/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, Neighbor said:

Ha Funny choice! :laugh:

Guess that would make you one in a 1,000.  ( one of 700 wives and 300 concubines :huh: )

Just how many "cooks" does one man need? 

Glad you enjoyed the answer Neighbor. It is hard to know how people may respond, to a written answer that doesnt show tone and such. Blessings :) 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, Zoltan777 said:

If you were single who would you marry from the Bible and why?

I would stay single.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

On 8/25/2017 at 11:13 AM, Zoltan777 said:

If you were single who would you marry from the Bible and why?

Jemima.  She is mentioned to be very beautiful and would have had a nice dowry!  :laugh: