• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Daniel spoke the testimony , the word, of Yahweh.   He did not change it due to any circumstance, including who he was talking to.

Again, why did Daniel not tell Nebuchadnezzar the names of the rulers to the other 3 kingdoms? Why would Daniel say Nebuchadnezzar is the head and leave out the names of the other rulers to the other kingdoms?

6 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Daniel spoke the testimony , the word, of Yahweh.   He did not change it due to any circumstance, including who he was talking to.

btw,

Nonsense.  Daniel had no trouble at all telling it as it is, straight to whoever.

Daniel trusting in YAHWEH is one of who is called one of the three great men of faith BY YAHWEH.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, Psalms37:4 said:

btw,

Nonsense.

Do you know what Daniel said or not ?

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

Do you know what Daniel said or not ?

No please tell me. Why did Daniel only mentioned Nebuchadnezzar as the ruler of one kingdom but leave out the names of the other 3 kingdoms?

It's like hey you're gonna tell me I'm the king of the first kingdom but you tell me about 3 other kingdoms and leave me in the dark about who rules over them? Oh wow, what a tease!

Jesus always had perfect integrity, and no time nor any moment did He lack Righteousness ....

Yahweh Himself speaks the highest testimony of Daniel.   What Yahweh wanted Daniel to speak  Daniel spoke.

Neither Jesus nor Daniel spoke as if under constraint nor under pressure to nor controlled by anyone else, period.

They spoke the Father's Word.

21 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Jesus always had perfect integrity, and no time nor any moment did He lack Righteousness ....

Yahweh Himself speaks the highest testimony of Daniel.   What Yahweh wanted Daniel to speak  Daniel spoke.

Neither Jesus nor Daniel spoke as if under constraint nor under pressure to nor controlled by anyone else, period.

They spoke the Father's Word.

Yeah we already know that about God / Jesus. He's omnipotent, omnipresence and omniscient, there's nothing He can't do. Thanks for the strawman, but what about Daniel? Why did Daniel only mentioned Nebuchadnezzar as the ruler of one kingdom but leave out the names of the other 3 kingdoms?

Yahweh Himself speaks the highest testimony of Daniel.  

What Yahweh wanted Daniel to speak  Daniel spoke.

They (BOTH) spoke the Father's Word, Yahweh's Testimony, Yahweh directed.

3 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yahweh Himself speaks the highest testimony of Daniel.  

What Yahweh wanted Daniel to speak  Daniel spoke.

They (BOTH) spoke the Father's Word, Yahweh's Testimony, Yahweh directed.

Nebuchadnezzar didn't take very fondly when his servants tried to dilly dally. I think he knew they tried to wing it. 

Daniel 2:8-9 Good News Translation (GNT)

At that, the king exclaimed, “Just as I thought! You are trying to gain time, because you see that I have made up my mind to give all of you the same punishment if you don't tell me the dream. You have agreed among yourselves to go on telling me lies because you hope that in time things will change. Tell me what the dream was, and then I will know that you can also tell me what it means.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Yeah we already know that about God / Jesus. He's omnipotent, omnipresence and omniscient, there's nothing He can't do. Thanks for the strawman, but what about Daniel? Why did Daniel only mentioned Nebuchadnezzar as the ruler of one kingdom but leave out the names of the other 3 kingdoms?

I'm not sure why you think Daniel was obligated to expound to that level of detail to Nebuchadnezzar.  He's telling the king what his dream was.  Daniel wasn't there to give the king a detailed account of successive kingdoms, only to explain the king's dream to him as revealed to him by God.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

the king exclaimed

4 hours ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Nebuchadnezzar didn't take very fondly when his servants tried to dilly dally. I think he knew they tried to wing it. 

So what ? Thinking as the world thinks ?!?  What he didn't take fondly, and what you think, does not ever change any Scripture nor anything that happened.

"the king exlaimed" ,   is quote of what kind of king ?  Good with Integrity and honest, truthful ?   No.

Stick with who had integrity, and is honest, and truthful : Jesus first,  then Daniel and the faithful ones.