• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

I saw the insults but no rebuttals. Let me see them please.

Are you one of the 'thought police' too?

I thought I gave you rebuttals to your beliefs. Many have took the time to point out scriptures to you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/25/2018 at 11:18 PM, brakelite said:

And who gave you authority to police my motives and conscience?

Jesus Christ does. We are always called to rebuke (nicely, of course, as much as possible) those who choose to follow a church that follows bad teachings and practices

On 1/25/2018 at 11:18 PM, brakelite said:

If you truly wanted to show me the way to truth, you would not ignore Jesus's own declaration that the laws of God have not been cast aside as so many here believe, which includes the 4th commandment.

And you appear unable to understand that none of us believe that the Saturday Sabbath has changed. But the Lord himself RESTED on the Sabbath....and then rose again the NEXT DAY. 

And also do you not think God would have seen in advance how most of us do not follow the sundown to sundown day? And thus therefore there is a good reason why the bible does NOT call the Lord's day, the day of His resurrection SATURDAY (even after sundown). 

And why do you persistently forget that we are NOT called to religiously *ahem* keep one particular day but are called to LEAVE ALONE those who either keep one specific Sabbath day or esteem every day alike. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

9 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:
On 1/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, brakelite said:

And who gave you authority to police my motives and conscience?

Jesus Christ does. We are always called to rebuke (nicely, of course, as much as possible) those who choose to follow a church that follows bad teachings and practices

No, He does not. He told us that by our fruits...our character...we would be recognised. Not our motives and conscience. How coud you possibly know me so intimately? But if you judge me because I obey God's commandments, then....

And you appear unable to understand that none of us believe that the Saturday Sabbath has changed. But the Lord himself RESTED on the Sabbath....and then rose again the NEXT DAY. 

Indeed He did,observing the Sabbath even in death...which is rest.

And also do you not think God would have seen in advance how most of us do not follow the sundown to sundown day?

Of course, which is why the commandment started with the word 'remember',knowing most would not.

And thus therefore there is a good reason why the bible does NOT call the Lord's day, the day of His resurrection SATURDAY (even after sundown). 

There is where I differ. What evidence do you have that the first day is "The Lord's Day"?  Only in Revelation is there any reference to the "Lord's Day" but no indication that it was the first day. There is more evidence that the Lord's Day continues to be the Sabbath as so often quoted by many, Jesus saying "I am the Lord of the Sabbath Day".

And why do you persistently forget that we are NOT called to religiously *ahem* keep one particular day but are called to LEAVE ALONE those who either keep one specific Sabbath day or esteem every day alike. 

You left out a word, and I would alter one of your words. First, I don't forget...I remember, which is what the commandment is calling us to do. Second, I wouldn't use the word religiously, I prefer faithfully. No need to make it sound ritualistic or a command of the church as opposed to God. Third, we are called not simply to keep a day, as you said above. We are asked to keep that day holy. How we do that is first by refraining from work that day. We set that day apart, not because we  have power to do ourselves, but because God did so in the beginning. And nowhere does scripture anywhere say that has changed, as you rightly pointed out.

16 hours ago, brakelite said:

No, He does not. He told us that by our fruits...our character...we would be recognised. Not our motives and conscience. How coud you possibly know me so intimately? But if you judge me because I obey God's commandments, then....

Umm yeah he does tell us to rebuke others....And no you dont obey God's commandments because you ignore scripture and follow a false prophet

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Timothy 4:2 |Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

17 hours ago, brakelite said:

You left out a word, and I would alter one of your words. First, I don't forget...I remember, which is what the commandment is calling us to do. Second, I wouldn't use the word religiously, I prefer faithfully. No need to make it sound ritualistic or a command of the church as opposed to God. Third, we are called not simply to keep a day, as you said above. We are asked to keep that day holy.

Once again you are ignoring Scripture...

Romans 14

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it (read here, if you want to keep Saturday or any other day, that is ok with Him as Saturday is NOT important to our salvation and if you cant keep any day the Lord will not judge you for that either). He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:16 

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

We are not under the Law and no longer commanded to keep Saturday which is a day of earthly rest where Sunday, the day of the Lord's resurrection is a day of heavenly rest. That is the meaning of those two passages.

If you want to keep Saturday we dont judge you for that; the problem we have is with your false church's teaching that we are commanded to keep Saturday or we are not saved. 

We are therefore trying to save you and others like you from your SDA church false teachings and keep gullible people from falling into EGW's snake pit

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

On 1/29/2018 at 9:35 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

And also do you not think God would have seen in advance how most of us do not follow the sundown to sundown day? And thus therefore there is a good reason why the bible does NOT call the Lord's day, the day of His resurrection SATURDAY (even after sundown). 

Your response to my previous comment above was also completely in error for God always intended that we remember SUNDAY as the Lord's day, (knowing that we would not follow a sundown to sundown day) as the day of His resurrection. You comment also still ignores the fact that nowhere in the bible does it ever say that the Saturday Sabbath has changed. But that we are no longer commanded to honor that day to be saved

On 1/31/2018 at 3:27 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Romans 14

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it (read here, if you want to keep Saturday or any other day, that is ok with Him as Saturday is NOT important to our salvation and if you cant keep any day the Lord will not judge you for that either). He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

You are doing here what the magisterium do for Catholics...decide how we are to interpret scripture. Your commentary is unwarranted...unscriptural...and impossible. Why? Because it was God who blessed the Sabbath day. It is not up to us to decide that every day is alike, nor was it up to Paul or any of the apostles, nor was it up to the church. No-one has that authority. No-one! Only God can unbless, unsanctify, and remove the sacredness from a day He made sacred. And there is absolutely NO evidence anywhere in scripture that such has been the case. You have not provided any, nor has anyone else. The day is not made holy by our observance of it, nor do we add to it. However, we can mix the holy with the profane, thus dishonouring what God has deemed honourable. 

I am not trying to convince you to keep the 4th commandment. But I will defend to the death the true Biblical mandate for my doing so and resolutely deny any hint or suggestion that my doing so contributes to my salvation. That said, I will also resolutely deny any suggestion that once truth is known and accepted, a rejection of that truth will not affect salvation. 

On 1/31/2018 at 3:31 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Your response to my previous comment above was also completely in error for God always intended that we remember SUNDAY as the Lord's day, (knowing that we would not follow a sundown to sundown day) as the day of His resurrection.

Scripture please?

On 1/31/2018 at 3:16 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Umm yeah he does tell us to rebuke others....And no you dont obey God's commandments because you ignore scripture and follow a false prophet

I follow no prophet...true or false. No-where on this forum have I once used the writings of anyone other than in the Bible as the foundation for my belief, except perhaps as in cases of better elucidating my thoughts. But scripture is the foundation of my faith and practice. Always was, always will be. When you can produce scripture that teaches that the Sabbath is no longer binding on Christians, without your personal commentary to decorate it, I will listen. For example, you declare that there is a day called the 'Lord's Day'. True. However, the only time such a day is directly mentioned is in Revelation 1. Because at that point there is no mention of any explanation as to what day is explicitly the 'Lord's Day', then we must go elsewhere in scripture for our answer. There are only two real contenders. The first day of the week known as Sunday, or the 7th day we know as Sabbath. That the resurrection took place on Sunday is no more evidence for a appellation being attached to the first day of the week such as 'The Lord's Day' any more than that the crucifixion took place on Friday...why not call that the "Lord's Day'? Or what about the ascension? 

Another point. Are you aware that John wrote his gospel after he wrote the book of revelation? And that in the gospel he never referred to the first day of the week as the Lord's Day, only as the first day? No evidence anywhere else of the first day being called the Lord's Day, nothing other than church tradition. 

So is there any evidence that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath? Yes, indeed. Jesus own words declaring "I am Lord even of the Sabbath Day". Here we have harmonious  agreement with many other scriptures which quote God as saying of the Sabbath being "My holy day"(Isa 58:13)... "My Sabbaths" Exodus 31:13; Levit. 19:3; 23:3; ...the "Sabbath of the Lord thy God"  (Deut. 5:14)...even Nehemiah prayed in Nehemiah 9:14 "and made known unto them thy holy Sabbath....see also Ezek. 20:12,13,16,20,21,24;22:8,26; 23:38...all declaring that the Sabbath day is the Lord's Day. I could give numerous other examples. It is the Lord's Day...not mine, not yours, not the Jews...but HIS!  This echoes across the pages of scripture from Genesis to Revelation without even the slightest hint or suggestion of any change or alteration. I would suggest that any honest man or women would declare such evidence entirely conclusive. Therefore the aged apostle John on the island of Patmos had received the revelation on the Sabbath. The Lord's Day. And to claim because the 4th commandment  isn't directly and repeatedly commanded in the new testament must mean it has been done away with is ludicrous. As if God changes such an integral precept of His holy law without as much as a whimper, or that by changing the practice of observing the day 'spiritually' by 'resting in Christ' , another assumed doctrine, the commandment is thus superseded. Also nonsense. Therein is the perfect example of God's commandments being cast aside by tradition. 

On 1/26/2018 at 4:08 AM, John Robinson said:

Ellie White was a nutter, and the fact a group of jackanapes would place her disjointed scribblings above the Word of God should cause a Christian to run away like their hair was on fire.

Very picturesque language as one would expect from a writer, but as flat and dry as the Nullabor Plains.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

11 minutes ago, brakelite said:

You are doing here what the magisterium do for Catholics...decide how we are to interpret scripture. Your commentary is unwarranted...unscriptural...and impossible. Why? Because it was God who blessed the Sabbath day. It is not up to us to decide that every day is alike, nor was it up to Paul or any of the apostles, nor was it up to the church. No-one has that authority. No-one! Only God can unbless, unsanctify, and remove the sacredness from a day He made sacred. And there is absolutely NO evidence anywhere in scripture that such has been the case. You have not provided any, nor has anyone else. The day is not made holy by our observance of it, nor do we add to it. However, we can mix the holy with the profane, thus dishonouring what God has deemed honourable.

I'm not going to get into the useless discussion on the Sabbath as even Jesus did His Fathers work on the Sabbath.  What I'd like to know about your statement above is if you reject the teachings of Paul?