• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

Since when do we need to change the gospel or the Bible to suit people? 

Its the PEOPLE that the gospel and Bible changes!

I was only just stating their mindset, trying to get into the heads of teenagers. Maybe they thought it was funny to include "definitions" that your average teenager would use, not realising that there is a place for such humor and a study bible is not that place.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

That bible is a completely wrong-headed and mis-guided approach.......the fact that even they had to change their 1993 edition (and thankfully they did) just shows how far off that approach leads.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

It is excuses like: "I do not understand", "It is condemning me", "It goes against me, how is that love?!".

Because love: "does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;" - 1 Corinthians 13:6

He just want to save and to heal us from our detrimental state.

"For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived,
    serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another." - Titus 3:3

And to give us life, to free ourselves from the dominion of Satan and to be under the care and dominion of God.

"to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,
    that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." - Acts 26:18

If they were not blind by their own pride, they could see and understand that all that God wants is to gives us life indeed.

"For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
    Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed,
        Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
            Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them." - Matthew 13:1

He loves us. :laugh:

"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

I don't understand why we even need "teen/young adult" or any other special bible versions to begin with. I would think that a teenager of average intelligence can handle reading the regular bible. I've heard of young children being able to read the KJV and having no problems understanding the language used.

Apparently, bible publishers think our youth are incapable of understanding the Gospel message unless it's spelled out to them. I disagree. The Truth found in God's Word is exactly what they need to hear and read! With public schools and an immoral society teaching them about "political correctness" and that "anything goes", teens need to know what God says about sin, His loving solution to sin (via salvation through Christ), and the way that we should live. They also need to know that there are dire consequences to sin. Sugar-coated, watered-down, humorous, or sarcastic "study bibles" are not necessary. The KJV, NIV, and ESV are all very good translations and can be purchased at any big box store. Real bibles are what's needed!

Our youths' souls are at stake. They need to hear the truth, whether they like it or not. We shouldn't be treating them like babies, or trying to lure them by getting on their level.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF that bible makes lite of sin ,  its bye bye time for it .    jokes , sarchasams,  no wonder lots of churches are less and less serious about anything .

Did you not read what I pointed out it was saying? Or did you just read my comment about sarcasm? It seems you miss part of the message. 

11 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

And thats exactly what the NIV does.

Oh it does not. Stop spreading such falsehoods. 

12 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

Can you show me from within this Teen Bible where they have changed the gospel to suit people?  

If you can point out to me a Bible verse that this Teen Bible has changed the meaning of to suit people, then I will be in agreement with you that this is not a good translation. 

2 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Maybe they thought it was funny to include "definitions" that your average teenager would use, not realising that there is a place for such humor and a study bible is not that place.

From what I saw. I think it was used as a way to get their attention. Because then it was followed by advice and Bible verses to back it up.  I don't know if I am able to link it. But if you go to Amazon and type in name, it show a "look inside" and you can see the rest of the story so to speak. I am of the opinion that the OP has missed the real meaning with his cutting and pasting.  

2 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

It is excuses like: "I do not understand", "It is condemning me", "It goes against me, how is that love?!".

Because love: "does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;" - 1 Corinthians 13:6

He just want to save and to heal us from our detrimental state.

"For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived,
    serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another." - Titus 3:3

And to give us life, to free ourselves from the dominion of Satan and to be under the care and dominion of God.

"to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God,
    that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me." - Acts 26:18

If they were not blind by their own pride, they could see and understand that all that God wants is to gives us life indeed.

"For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
    Their ears are hard of hearing, And their eyes they have closed,
        Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
            Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them." - Matthew 13:1

He loves us. :laugh:

"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:19

The thing is. Is that the OP is just tossing these accusations out with no prove. From what they have posted so far, I see no prove that this Teen Bible has changed any Bible verses to suite it's readers.  Now it seem this has all become "this is bad" and everyone seems to be just joining in with that without there being any real prove. 

If indeed this Teen Bible has made changes to Bible verse that change the meaning of the verse to make everyone feel happy, then that would be bad. But so far I have not seen any prove that this has happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

And thats exactly what the NIV does.

And that is why I don't read it .    You be blessed now kiwi.   

• Thumbs Up 1