• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

7 minutes ago, Debp said:

Loved that movie!  I have been in Thailand and visited the Grand Palace twice where Anna lived....must have been quite the experience for her!  As I was impressed by it....so huge and beautiful, too.

Thou wert royally blessed to go there! Are there any signs or monuments that tell of Anna and her impact there? And is their literature on it? I would love to add it to my pile of books. ??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

15 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I was just telling someone they should remake the Inn of the Sixth Happiness for a new generation. I pictured Jodie Foster as Gladys because of her superb job of portraying Anna in “Anna and the King” (1999). Jodie did a great job of playing a strong Christian English teacher in Siam/Thailand. 

Jodie is openly lesbian. I cant see her in a role playing a Christian missionary. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Thou wert royally blessed to go there! Are there any signs or monuments that tell of Anna and her impact there? And is their literature on it? I would love to add it to my pile of books. ??

The real life anna wrote a travelogue of her adventures there. That was the basis for the musical about her life there.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The real life anna wrote a travelogue of her adventures there. That was the basis for the musical about her life there.

Here I come Amazon.com lol ?

i love imersion missions, where you enter the culture respectfully and hold to your beliefs and spread the gospel as you build those relationships. 

• This is Worthy 1

One of my favorite missionaries was Fr. Damien who went to the lepers of Molokai, Hawaii. He went to minister to the dying, and gave them hope in hopelessnsss. Such a call is not what we often want,  or that many missionaries would desire. You can see his story Molokai (1999) starring Sam Neil, Peter O’Tools and David Wenham. The film challenges me, would I go knowing I would be ministering to those who will die and that I may die? 

• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I said I do not have a favorite missionary, but in retrospect I certainly do. He shook my hand in a powerful gripe and strong voice and huge smile this Sunday  at church. He and his wife left the overseas mission field after 27 years when he was forced out of Iran at the overthrow of the Shah of Iran in 1979. 27 years in a small village at Iran, he and his wife served the cause of the gospel. At his return here he served in the local community and at his local church body. At 90 years old he is still strong in testimony and sharing of our Lord. He can labor hard and he can teach and he can pray. He is a missions prayer warrior, never giving up, encouraging others to also be prayer warriors, and active in service to our Lord Jesus.  

90 years old and he came over to encourage me with his greeting and conversation Sunday at church.

Edited by Neighbor
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I said I do not have a favorite missionary, but in retrospect I certainly do. He shook my hand in a powerful gripe and strong voice and huge smile this Sunday  at church. He and his wife left the overseas mission field after 27 years when he was forced out of Iran at the overthrow of the Shah of Iran in 1979. 27 years in a small village at Iran, he and his wife served the cause of the gospel. At his return here he served in the local community and at his local church body. At 90 years old he is still strong in testimony and sharing of our Lord. He can labor hard and he can teach and he can pray. He is a missions prayer warrior, never giving up, encouraging others to also be prayer warriors, and active in service to our Lord Jesus.  

90 years old and he came over to encourage me with his greeting and conversation Sunday at church.

I would love to meet this man and listen to all his life stories,he sounds like a great man of God! 90 years old and still winning souls? Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

13 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I love “Inn of The Sixth Happiness” (1958) starring Ingrid Bergeman. Bergeman said she interviewed Glayds Aylward and in process became a Christian. I too have a heart for China thanks to her story and the story Father Francis Chrisholm who is played by Gregory Peck in “The Keys to the Kingdom.” (1944). ✝️

I will try to remember to watch those 2 movie s,they sound very interesting:)

On 6/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, Willa said:

I also vote for Amy, especially after I learn that she suffered from what I have, fibromyalgia.  She spent the last 20 years of her life in bed, if I remember correctly.

But my favorite is Corrie tenBoom.  Her gentle humility and willingness to step out in faith with no money and not knowing where she was going just awes me.  She was an older lady who was usually completely alone.  God gave her so much courage.  She ministered in prisons where all others were terrified to go.  

Willa,mine is Corrie ten boom too, she's a very special lady and greatly used by God ,did you see the movie "The hiding place"?

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Willa,mine is Corrie ten boom too, she's a very special lady and greatly used by God ,did you see the movie "The hiding place"?

Yes, I saw the movie many years ago and a few months ago I ordered it from the Billy Graham Association.  At the end she predicted that the USA was going to be over run by the occult that way Germany had been prior to Hitler.  At the time I didn't think it was possible, but now I see it coming about.  I suppose she could see signs of it since she traveled so much.

I have also collected most of her books, especially the ones she wrote herself.