IGNORED

Salvation by Grace vs. Works

LearningToLetGo

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Be careful of churches/cults that say this:

Accepting Jesus is the beginning of salvation, then you have to do works.

Trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation is salvation.

Beware of churches teaching unconditional eternal security and run from them to a church with solid, Biblical instruction.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Butero said:

Beware of churches teaching unconditional eternal security and run from them to a church with solid, Biblical instruction.

Remember HOW JESUS taught about he who hears and does , versus he who hears and does not .    THEN remember james who said that faith without works is dead .

And now a word from paul , MOST OVER LOOK TOO .    THEY profess to KNOW HIM , BUT IN WORKS DENY HIM , being reprobate .

YEAH,   PAUL said WHAT JAMES SAID .    It scares folks to death to hear things like peter said , BEWARE CHURCH lest you too being led away with the error of the wicked

FALL from your own steadfastness.    BUT TO ME , its JUST encouragement to the SOUL to Edification .

SO why does this and other things scare folks so much . WHY do they have to sit and believe none fall away , WHEN many DO .

THIER IS FEAR in these ,  they are not made perfect .

WHY do men have to twist what both peter and paul said about HAVING BEEN MADE partakers OF THE HOLY GHOST and then warning how they fell away .

This don't cause me to fear and have to run to someone who would say otherwise .  NOPE , I GOT MY PEACE , BECAUSE I HAVE THE LORD .

And I don't need man to supplant a false peace in my mind of an false image OF GOD , to have that peace .    I can take every promise to every warning

AND YET MY PEACE remains   I SEE it ALL as GOOD FOR MY SOUL .  I SEE beholding both the goodness and severity of GOD as GOODNESS FOR MY SOUL.

SO why do many fear this .      WHY does this also cause fear ,  YOU ARE SERVANTS TO WHOM YOU OBEY .   And yet to me is just exhortation and builds me up in reminders .

A man who has the LORD has a stable mind and from every warning to every promise nothing can take the PEACE of knowing CHRIST from that MIND .   OH

on that note I must say , LET ALL RAISE HANDS THE LORD right now . OH the JOY of the LORD is my strength and the salvation of the LORD MY JOY

and every reminder of goodness or His severity , OH what food for my soul,   IT IS HIS REMINDERS RIGHT ,  so it ought to be FOOD FOR OUR SOUL

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, Butero said:

What I say next might be attacked big time .  it might cause fear .    BUT JESUS SAID IT FIRST .

HE who denies me I will deny before my Father .   SO on that note , lets heed what paul is saying ,  THEY PROFESS TO KNOW HIM , YET IN WORKS DENY HIM.

IF WE DENY HIM HE DENIES US .    AND YET this only edifies me , reminds me , sharpens me .   yet watch the fear it will cause in many

or watch how I get attacked and accused of preaching works earning salvation . WHEN THAT IS THE LAST THING I teach .    but marvel not . it happens all the time .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Butero said:

.....and what would that solid , “ Biblical “ instruction be? The same claptrap you were formerly famous for? In a nutshell, Jesus died for your sins until you sin again.That “Jesus will send you to Hell if you were not fortunate enough to have lucky, last minute repentance— any unrepentant sins left on your performance ledger that bad luck let you forget before you died.The TRUE GOSPEL in 1cor15:1-4 is a promise given by Jesus through Paul—- simply BELIEVE that Jesus died for your sins and that He rose from the dead and you will be saved.Add ANYTHING to the finished work of the Cross and you are “accursed”.You do not believe the Gospel and you refuse to believe Jesus died for your sins.Perilous ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

.....and what would that solid , “ Biblical “ instruction be? The same claptrap you were formerly famous for? In a nutshell, Jesus died for your sins until you sin again.That “Jesus will send you to Hell if you were not fortunate enough to have lucky, last minute repentance— any unrepentant sins left on your performance ledger that bad luck let you forget before you died.The TRUE GOSPEL in 1cor15:1-4 is a promise given by Jesus through Paul—- simply BELIEVE that Jesus died for your sins and that He rose from the dead and you will be saved.Add ANYTHING to the finished work of the Cross and you are “accursed”.You do not believe the Gospel and you refuse to believe Jesus died for your sins.Perilous ground.

The opposite of what you teach is sound Biblical instruction.  

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

Working to STAY saved, is the Devil's theology, so, consider what you believe about who SAVED you ...and how.

Anyone that teaches or preaches..."yes, Jesus saved you, BUT NOW....>". is teaching what the Devil teaches about salvation, and he has a lot of teachers teaching it on Christian forums, in churches, and on TV.

So, i'll ask you a dividing line question that will expose your understanding of Grace and Salvation, so that you can understand what you actually believe.

Here is the question.. :

When you repented of you sin, after hearing the Gospel message of the Cross and your need to be saved from your sin and the eternal judgement do you,  because you were lost and going to hell, and you by faith received Jesus as your Savior and you were in that instant born again...= Q.)... Just how saved are you in that instant?   How much?.......Partly?.....Kinda?......Almost?... Nearly?..  OR... were you SAVED?......OR not?

So, if you understand that you were washed in the Blood, and THEREFORE God only accepted you BECAUSE of this Blood atonement,... thus giving you in that INSTANT you believed, the very righteousness of CHRIST as YOURS< =  Then exactly how saved are you when the Blood of Jesus was applied to you, and to your sin and you became Born again?

So, do you need to WORK when that happened to you?  In that Instant?  Do you need to accept Christ and  have the blood applied and then you need to do some WORKS to finish the Atonement that God just GAVE YOU that saved you ??

What is the answer?

What WORKS are you to do, at the time you are born again that you need to DO right then to finish the Blood atonement?

Or is it finished, and are you SAVED and Born again, right then ???

So, if you know the answer, then what is the answer to........ = what works you are to do a week later, a month later, and 45 years later, that keep you saved, that you didnt have to do, when you were BORN AGAIN when you first believed?

What is the answer to this?  Answer it in your own heart and "theology", and THEN you'll know if you understand what you need to understand about Salvation....vs, works.........or not.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

32 minutes ago, Butero said:

Your opinion is worth what I paid for it.......nothing. Prove me wrong using chapter and verse.....like I did.The true Gospel thAt Paul preached , given to him by Christ Himself is what you oppose because you do not understand it and your faith in Christ is no faith at all.Its all about ones Lucky Repentance—- being fortunate enough to recall all sins and asking for forgiveness from said sins before you die.The Gospel is hidden from those that perish.Your Gospel is “ perverted”.Show me from the Bible Who you think the perverters are and why you are not one of the “accursed”.

17 minutes ago, Behold said:

Working to STAY saved, is the Devil's theology, so, consider what you believe about who SAVED you ...and how.

Anyone that teaches or preaches..."yes, Jesus saved you, BUT NOW....>". is teaching what the Devil teaches about salvation, and he has a lot of teachers teaching it on Christian forums, in churches, and on TV.

So, i'll ask you a dividing line question that will expose your understanding of Grace and Salvation, so that you can understand what you actually believe.

Here is the question.. :

When you repented of you sin, after hearing the Gospel message of the Cross and your need to be saved from your sin and the eternal judgement do you,  because you were lost and going to hell, and you by faith received Jesus as your Savior and you were in that instant born again...= Q.)... Just how saved are you in that instant?   How much?.......Partly?.....Kinda?......Almost?... Nearly?..  OR... were you SAVED?......OR not?

So, if you understand that you were washed in the Blood, and THEREFORE God only accepted you BECAUSE of this Blood atonement,... thus giving you in that INSTANT you believed, the very righteousness of CHRIST as YOURS< =  Then exactly how saved are you when the Blood of Jesus was applied to you, and to your sin and you became Born again?

So, do you need to WORK when that happened to you?  In that Instant?  Do you need to accept Christ and  have the blood applied and then you need to do some WORKS to finish the Atonement that God just GAVE YOU that saved you ??

What is the answer?

What WORKS are you to do, at the time you are born again that you need to DO right then to finish the Blood atonement?

Or is it finished, and are you SAVED and Born again, right then ???

So, if you know the answer, then what is the answer to........ = what works you are to do a week later, a month later, and 45 years later, that keep you saved, that you didnt have to do, when you were BORN AGAIN when you first believed?

What is the answer to this?  Answer it in your own heart and "theology", and THEN you'll know if you understand what you need to understand about Salvation....vs, works.........or not.

Its the same old story —-of course Jesus saves!  B U T, once you know that you must live the Christian Life— no sin allowed! Of course that is not possible , so if you just make sure that you keep a ledger of all your sins and make sure the ledger is constantly updated by your repentance, you will make it to Heaven.If you are unlucky and say a bad word right before a car crash and it kills you and you did not have the presence of mind or the time to repent in regard to that unclean tongue,you will soon be spending time with Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and the rest of the damned.At least these guys didn’t “ pretend” to believe the Gospel thAt saves.Others should try that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Removed from thread.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Butero said:

Removed from thread.