IGNORED

Why would God create people that never had a say so in if they wanted to be here?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And paul and silas sang in prison .   Rejoiced even after being whipped like dogs .    And all whom God loves HE chastens and scourges .

Remember reading where JESUS said , blessed are those who mourn for they shall be COMFORTED .

now read what paul said ,    that as our sufferings abound in Christ , SO TOO does our consolation .   Get all hopes above ON HIM and watch How the reigns of the heart shall sing . 

I'm just gonna trust God with my salvation only. That's the only thing I can trust God with. Not happiness,desires or even protection. Just that one thing. If I do that then I'll never be disappointed or jaded nor will my salvation be on the line. 

I just wish I did it earlier.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Just as I figured, another non answer. 

Or it was the truth. 

Much love in Christ , Not me

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God defines what is happy, not us, was my point.

OH ,   I knew for sure and for certain what you meant .    I was just also reminding .     Now yowm.    You praise the LORD .

Don't make me drive to California and teach ol danny boy to quoate the words , PRAISE THE LORD YOWM , every times He sees ya .    Imagine that

what a beauty that would be , if every time your bird danny boy seen ya , HE says PRAISE THE LORD YOWM , RAISE THOSE HANDS and PRAISE THE LORD .

Be like having a mini frienduff in your house.      

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

23 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Everyone has their own opinions. God has asked alot of people to do things that wouldn't make them happy. So our happiness isn't a top priority. That's fine. Just wish I knew from the get go.

Happiness depends on “ things”. God want us to have “joy”.Happiness comes and goes.Joy sticks with you.Paul could experience joy in a prison cell.It is a fruit of the Spirit

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

As long as it wasn't done with a Missouri accent ?

OH  , no worries ,  I have no accent at all .    My mamas African grey even raises and shakes its leg  when it says certain things .    I can almost see ol danny boy on one leg

and waving the other , saying RAISE those hands up yowm and praise the LORD .      You loved yowm .     

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

For the sake of the whole free will argument... Isn't forcing people to live intervening on our free will? Why couldn't we choose whether we wanted to be here or not?

I also wonder why is suicide wrong if we never asked to be here and we were just forced 

You can choose. As you mentioned, there is always suicide. Whether it's right or wrong isn't very relevant to you once you've done it.

You are showing a little bit of a privileged perspective here. This is not a slam on you. You are a reflection of modern western culture, and I'm guessing you are under 30. Fact is, few people get to choose their situation, and it was far worse not all that long ago. Way back in Ecclesiastes even the richest and wisest man to ever live said that life is just a chasing after the wind and man's lot is to eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of his labor. 

But Jesus offers a better way. You can choose it or reject it. If you choose it, think of this life as a sort of "boot camp". 

It gets better, but boot camp has tremendous value. Can you hack it? ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

You can choose. As you mentioned, there is always suicide. Whether it's right or wrong isn't very relevant to you once you've done it.

You are showing a little bit of a privileged perspective here. This is not a slam on you. You are a reflection of modern western culture, and I'm guessing you are under 30. Fact is, few people get to choose their situation, and it was far worse not all that long ago. Way back in Ecclesiastes even the richest and wisest man to ever live said that life is just a chasing after the wind and man's lot is to eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of his labor. 

But Jesus offers a better way. You can choose it or reject it. If you choose it, think of this life as a sort of "boot camp". 

It gets better, but boot camp has tremendous value. Can you hack it? ;)

I'm not priveldged at all. I struggle daily. I don't want to get into the details. But I'm not sitting on wads of money typing this all up on an iPhone.  I have God. His way is kind of...eh. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,029
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Figure of eighty said:

I'm not priveldged at all. I struggle daily. I don't want to get into the details. But I'm not sitting on wads of money typing this all up on an iPhone.  I have God. His way is kind of...eh. 

What I meant by "privileged" is that your mind even goes to that question. Do you have air conditioning? Do you get enough food? Do you have clothing and shoes? If so, you have more than most of the human race has. Most of us are very privileged and don't even realize it. It's just what we're used to. 

Try getting air dropped into Cuba or Haiti and see how it goes. Or maybe Cambodia in the early 70's. Or anywhere on the planet in 200 BC.

Life is a mist. And we live in a lost and fallen world. Joy depends on where your thoughts lie. You can always find reasons to be miserable. And always find reasons to be full of joy. Always.

You get to choose.

FWIW, when my wife's first husband died, leaving her with no insurance, no job, and three kids under the age of 8, she got in her car and yelled and screamed at God and slammed her fists into the dashboard. And from behind her, in an audible voice she heard the words, "Be at peace, child". And peace flowed over her like a warm bath. This was in the late 70's. 

Her three kids are now doing outstanding and one owns his own business and has become a multimillionaire. And she and I have been in a form of marital bliss for 20 years that neither of us ever imagined was possible. 

When going through hard times, God is teaching you. Always teaching you. And my wife and I embrace the phrase, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger." They are not empty words when you are the Lord's. Rejoice in your afflictions. You are being purified.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This issue is something men of God have been wondering about for at least 2000 yrs. There isn't much to read on this because the topic was considered heresy but I always wonder. Suppose that maybe we did choose to live this life we just can't remember that. Suppose the alternative to this was worse, that helps a little. As Shakesphere said "there';s more in heaven and earth than is dream-pt of in your philosophy". I think God made more than we know about and if we did know then this would make sense. Maybe.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I definitely have trust issues with God, I won't lie about that. I'm just not sure if God is good anymore. He's holy and sinless but good...I'm nit sure. Everything is done for His glory whether we like it or not .

That is very sad.