• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

Lol between group texts for work and church my phone sometimes plings non-stop 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

52 minutes ago, shel said:

Lol between group texts for work and church my phone sometimes plings non-stop 🤣

That's me.   I'm not only a phone person, I'm a coffee shop person and anywhere else you might want to talk....     even taking a hike.

I use my phone for everything...  Camera, music, calendar, messages, youtube, Netflix, DirectTV, Facebook, Twitter, Phone, voice recording, note pad and others I would have to think about.   My security system and cameras are on it along with my Furby camera that watches over my cat when we are away.   I can even have it dispense treats to her while we are away, when she sits for us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

What about games? Don't forget games. 🙃

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, shel said:

What about games? Don't forget games. 🙃

No, never ever games.   My phone is a tool....   games are addictive.  Worthy doesn't give me time to play games.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/24/2018 at 5:46 PM, Debp said:

Just curious if we have any members who enjoy talking on the phone.   Have you connected with any other members via phone?   I am not a phone person but know of someone here who likes to connect with others via phone.

Its WA era now.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well now-a-days, as much as this aging geezer wishes to decline use of a phone, I have found my cell to be invaluable, when I am in cell tower range that is, for business needs, mostly via text messages that tell me I need to get to a place with wifi to receive business messages.

I had thought myself to  be unemployed (retired), but  it hasn't quite turned out that way. Instead I am communicating at all hours with people all over the USA and sometimes outside the borders  as well. Many are in different time zones from me.

Hasn't been the very best of moves, business wise, to have joined the half backs that are moving halfway back to the north ( USA) after living in  subtropical Florida, only to come to realize "hey I do not get cell service in these mountains".  I have to connect via Hughes Satellite and everything is cho o py a  es t c an y ear me n w?

I end up having to drive  9 miles back to an small patch of roadside area where there is  just a bit of cell tower reception, and then do business sitting on the side of a country road. BUT Hughes does work out okay for text and often for sloooow e-mail if it isn't raining or   heavy cloud cover.

We are 25 miles from a small town  out where GPS  has no meaning at all, except for us  to tell people trying to find us not to panic when they lose it and SERI goes mute. That only means keep a coming down the road we are indeed out here.

When the business communications phone-text traffic gets serious  we drive back to the subtropics, catch up on all our doctor appointments, have minor surgeries-whatever- do business, and then try to return  up to the mountains a little over 1200 miles round trip.

I dream  of not ever replacing my now very old worm 6S Apple cell phone except to buy a burner phone  for emergency use only. Maybe that day will come! Could happen, I tell myself.

Then it will be just me my bride and the dog, well plus the infrequent person stopping their vehicle to ask, "Is this the road to Ohio? "  "Ah no it sure isn't, how much gas do you have left? You need to make a three point turn around on this trail road an drive back about a half hour, turn right on the two lane and then drive over to Tennessee and hang a right.  If you are low on gas do not turn right there is no gas, nor cell service, instead go left into  town about 15 miles that way bout twenty five miles total take you an hour.

Then they say "my cell phone isn't working and the GPS stopped. "  "Yehp,  nothing out here 'cept us". "Do check on your fuel before you make that right turn  on to the two lane."

BUT wouldn't you know it, God has led us to a church body, a really grand group of believers in town, a rapidly growing fellowship, most all pouring in from the subtropics and  each having a story to tell of how they have been led to this place and church gathering.

Once we share of our individual sojourns, we  ask each other, "Do you have any cell phone service at your place?" "Nope". "Me neither".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

On 10/24/2018 at 5:46 AM, Debp said:

Just curious if we have any members who enjoy talking on the phone.   Have you connected with any other members via phone?   I am not a phone person but know of someone here who likes to connect with others via phone.

Great question. Nope I am not a phone person. Though do talk a lot on the phone during the day. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

If you mean I search the internet on my phone yes. Phone calls I hate 😆

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

20 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I end up having to drive  9 miles back to an small patch of roadside area where there is  just a bit of cell tower reception, and then do business sitting on the side of a country road.

Hi, can you get a landline at your house in NC?

My aunt who recently moved to WV had to get a landline as there is no cell reception at her home.   She only can get cell reception in the little town nearby.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Debp said:

Hi, can you get a landline at your house in NC?

My aunt who recently moved to WV had to get a landline as there is no cell reception at her home.   She only can get cell reception in the little town nearby.

There are very few options for a landline. There are no new lines being installed, however after two years of trying I finally managed to get a lineman to reestablish an old line to the house. So we now have a POTL that kinda works "sometimes", but is not good for internet connection, nor much good for conversation. Mostly it just alerts us that someone has tried to call, and we say "Wonder who that might have been?"

We do not have TV there at all, nor radio for that matter, but my what awesome solitude we enjoy!

We read, actually read real paper paged books, do puzzles, play movies on DVDs, walk the dog, pet the cat, and just enjoy the woods with it's ever changing scenery to entertain us.

Why on my walks I get to see deer, turkey, wild chickens, geese, bear, and  there's reports of even a leopard, (Haven't actually seen him personally yet, but my dog has picked up on his presence near us and  a propane delivery truck driver spotted it  behind the house too). The only downside to critters are the copperheads, got to be alert to their presence.

And it sure helps to love each other 'cause there ain't anybody else close daily!

God has blessed us oh so abundantly. When we get to town everyone greets with a "Have a blessed day" or even asks excitedly with "Has the lord blessed you yet today, He has me!" 

Course eventually if all us old Florida geezers keep "fleeing" to there it will become one big city too! Won't it!? Still maybe we will all be as friendly as the more native residents if their good humor and countenance rubs off on us.

• Thumbs Up 1