IGNORED

If you're a vessel of destruction do you think you'd know it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly feel I am. In junction with my former pastor saying I had a Judas spirit in me...  I've had pretty tormenting dreams... Such as renouncing God, or in dreams being told I'm not a Christian.. or even dreams of killing myself.... Idk I feel as if I am one bc God doesn't respond to me. 

If most pray to feel his comfort or peace He'd allow them that experience....but I get nothing... I feel I get nothing from God...or a better term.. I experience nothing with God bc he's rejected me. 

Idk I feel if a tornado swept through my city it'd hit me and only me.

I truly feel God doesn't like me.  

The article explains below exactly how I feel

https://www.charismamag.com/spirit/prophecy/27103-can-you-be-rejected-by-god

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

22 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I honestly feel I am. In junction with my former pastor saying I had a Judas spirit in me... 

I make my responses in a kind attitude toward you.

I'd say that only Judas Iscariot had such a spirit. Jesus explained that only he was destined to do what he did. Judas was also not a child of God but a child of the devil as all are who don't know Jesus through His grace in salvation.

But you are a child of God. For these reasons, I point out that what your pastor made a misdiagnosis, what he said of you is not correct. No one should compare an unborn again person with a born again person.

I've had pretty tormenting dreams... Such as renouncing God, or in dreams being told I'm not a Christian.. or even dreams of killing myself.... Idk I feel as if I am one bc God doesn't respond to me. 

I would venture to say that you are a babe in Christ.. not knowing how to deal with tormenting dreams, not knowing how to pray according to the promises of God concerning your situation.

And I suggest that you spend time doing research on bible topics that would give you the means.. the weapons of warfare to overcome such trials. It says in 1 Peter 2:2 "like a babe desire the milk of the word to grow thereby".

When you learn what God's word says, then you will be able to defeat the devil just as Jesus did while he was in the wilderness. (Matthew 4:1-11)

If most pray to feel his comfort or peace He'd allow them that experience....but I get nothing... I feel I get nothing from God...or a better term.. I experience nothing with God bc he's rejected me. 

Your conclusions are not according to God's word concerning your salvation. You are thinking that way because you are used to basing your life on what you feel. But God is all about faith, trusting God is an act of the will, not an experience of feelings.

When you are trusting God (the beneficial promises of His word) by your will.. the feelings will learn to follow. And so your relationship with God will grant a response of joy from your spirit man.

So first say.. for instance (Psalm 94:19) "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." Say it as often as needed. As often as you have a thought that you will not "get anything from God".

Think of it as a session like children do .. of "no you won't", "yes I will". Go ahead and be stubborn that you will get from God what He promised. That stubbornness in stating God's word is what the bible calls patience. (Hebrews 10:35-36)

Idk I feel if a tornado swept through my city it'd hit me and only me.

What you have said is based on feelings which bring thoughts of self condemnation. But (Romans 8:1) says "There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh (feelings and sense knowledge thinking), but after the spirit." (the spirit there refers to your spirit-man) that (Romans 7:21) "delights in the law of the Lord."

The article explains below exactly how I feel

https://www.charismamag.com/spirit/prophecy/27103-can-you-be-rejected-by-god

That article is not speaking about God's grace to the sinner, it's about people who rely on their own good works. So, the article is not talking about you.

It says in John 6:37 "All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." That is a statement of grace to the sinner who doesn't have any good works to boast of.

Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

When you are matured in the word of God then go back to that article and compare your maturity in Christ with it. Hint: a Christian that is mature in Christ doesn't rely on their good works in order to be acceptable to God. They have been born again by faith, in grace.. and thereafter continues to walk in that faith, and according to (1 John 4:16) "knowing and believing the love which God has for him."

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

First things first dear one, ...are you born again?

You might ask, "How do we know if we are born again?"

Quite simple, the Word tells us how it happens:

...having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living Word of God, and abiding forever. 1 Pet 1:23

Just like it was when your father's sperm entered into the ovum of your mother and you were conceived, so it is the same with being born again, ...notice what the verse says, born again with incorruptible (seed) and the living Word of God, the incorruptible seed is the Holy Spirit, the ovum is the living Word of God, ...what happens is the Word of God will convict us of our sin and our need of a Savior, if we respond to the Holy Spirit's conviction and confess we are a sinner in need of salvation the Holy Spirit will quicken, or make alive the the verse (ovum) He used to convict us and we are born again, ...a new creation in Christ, ...just like we know who our father and mother are and when we are born, so it is when we are born again, we know who are spiritual father is, ...the Holy Spirit, our mother, ...the verse used to convict us of our sin and the day we are born again.

If we look at 1 Peter 1:24 we see what verse the Holy Spirit used to convict Peter:

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of men as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls out,  Isa 40:6-8

And Luke 5:8 tells us when (what day):

Simon Peter fell at the knees of Jesus, saying, Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, Lord.

However Peter wasn't born again at that time because Jesus hadn't been Crucified and Resurrected yet, but it serves as an example for us living in the dispensation of Grace of how we are born again.

So, with that in mind, ...do you know what verse the Holy Spirit used to convict you of your sin and in need of a Savior and if so, do you know when when it happened?

If not then today is your day to be saved:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever (that means you) believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures,  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures; 1 Cor 1 15:1, 3, 4  

One more thing, ...if God was finished with you as you say, you would be given over to a reprobate mind and I can guarantee you wouldn't be here asking questions, ...you would be out in the world living as one of the world a carefree life, ...oblivious to God!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

22 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Which goes to show how unreliable feelings are.

If God 'did not like you', he would treat you in a suitable manner. Remember there are only two types of people in the world.

Christians and those who ae not christian.

You are seeking to serve God, the thought that God does not like you concerns you.  You are not an enemy of God.

I think you need sound counceling from people who know and trust God, are there any Christians who aren't obcessed by spirits etc who you could talk to.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I remember being in high school, and a girl called me a derogatory term for a homosexual. Did that suddenly make me want to kiss boys? Did I join a cover band for The Village People? (I'd be the sailor, if I had a choice)

No. Because I was and am not gay, and as a side note, my singing voice sounds like a drunk turtle. Just because a pastor, a MAN, compared you to Judas or whatever, does not make you so. Or, perhaps you misunderstood his meaning; he may have been trying to point out these seemingly continuous feelings of abandonment you feel. Poorly worded, if you will.

I too have dreams that bother me. Dreams of women, dreams filled with vile paganism, dreams of violence. I can't claim to always handle them well, for certain. After all, how is a man supposed to rest if his mind is disquieted? Sleep, a time of relaxation, becomes mayhem. However, What you and I both need to do is rely on the Lord more. I can't fight my own mind, but I know who can.

Do not let what someone defines you as, define you. If we did that, we would all be fat, gay, and stupid. Beseech the Lord for help, so that you might grow past this turbulence. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,633
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"If you're a vessel of destruction do you think you'd know it?"

Hi,

Your title has today reminded me of the manner in which the US treasury teaches agents to sport counterfeit currency. They look for the real in all currency. That's how it's agents  spot counterfeit currency, they know the real. Each agent is taught all the things of real currency. They are not taught the things of counterfeits. They find counterfeit by knowing thoroughly that which is  to be known of real currency.

You do not have any need to know if you are a vessel of destruction. You have every need to know everything you can learn of God of his Son and of God the Holy Spirit.

Learn the Bible, learn to pray, and to think upon the words of the Bible. Learn to pray over all things, all, and give thanks for all things to God, even the doubts, give thanks that they might motivate you personally to read the word of God asking the Holy Spirit for understanding. Ask for a local church body in which to hear and participate and to learn along with many brethren that do love our Lord Jesus, dwelling in the protection of the restrainer the Holy  Spirit.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Figure of eighty, your mind is really torn up, as the words posted express. I'm getting that you had some kind of falling out with this 'former pastor' to say you had a Judas spirit. What a terrible thing to do. Shame on him! Now these tormenting dreams are plaguing you. I do understand, as a friend experienced something similar, in his young experience as a new Christian. It was devastating to say the least, and had a long-term effect on his faith. But, this is not the desire here for you to continue in these feelings. Certainly, our Lord most of all, doesn't. Seek another fellowship, and get some one-on-one godly counseling. If this oppression continues, by all means, fast and do some serious interceding before the precious Saviour. May God lovingly bless and comfort you.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

18 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

What a terrible thing to do. Shame on him!

@Figure of eighty My thoughts exactly. Some of these teachings have no solid basis. I have never heard of such a thing as a 'Judas spirit" (prior to now.) It is hard these days to keep up with all of the man-made ideas/concoctions/teachings.

I only know I had tears in my eyes as I read your post. I will keep you in my prayers.

But rest assured that Judas Iscariot the betrayer was in a 'class' (category) of his own (one of a kind) because he has a special title "son of perdition." Regarding Judas, Jesus prayed to the Father: "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in your name: those that you gave me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled." (John 17:12)

The only other reference to this has to do with the Antichrist, not an ordinary human such as yourself: "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" (2 Thessalonians 2:3)

I hope this helps some. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

We need to humble ourselves be4 the Lord

Without humility no one Can come to God

• Thumbs Up 1