R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Search in Youtube : Just imagine Billy Graham says Jesus Christ is not the only way,  www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPS5q0LfQas

In this video Billy Graham said :

Whether they came from the muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the Christian world or a non believing world, they are members of the body of Christ because they have been called by God, they may not even know the name of Jesus. But they know in their heart that they need something that they dont have and they turned to the only light they have and I think that they are safe.

Are the Muslim and Buddhist and the non believing world who have refused the Gospel of Jesus Christ Salvation, also saved as Billy said ?

Can we bargain with this Words :

John 14:6 , "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

If one wants to become a Muslim, the first thing you must do is to deny that Jesus is the Son  of God .Having thus guaranteed you are going to Hell, Satan will happily let you go your merry, religious way doing all kinds of good works the Muslim religion requires.Graham had to know this.Good luck to him, rationalizing this somehow when he stands before his Maker.As a minister of God’s Word, he is going to be held to a very high standard.He may suffer a major loss of reward for this error— it was a big one.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Search in Youtube : Just imagine Billy Graham says Jesus Christ is not the only way,  www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPS5q0LfQas

Whether they came from the muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the Christian world or a non believing world, they are members of the body of Christ because they have been called by God, they may not even know the name of Jesus. But they know in their heart that they need something that they dont have and they turned to the only light they have and I think that they are safe.

Are the Muslim and Buddhist and the non believing world who have refused the Gospel of Jesus Christ Salvation, also saved as Billy said ?

John 14:6 , "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Can the pot argue with the potter .    Nope it was simply created .    The very creator ,  His word became flesh .  

Let God be true but every man a liar .

This is all part of that great end time delusion that has fast been at work to unite all religions , all mindsets to be as one for unity .

And hartono,    sadly you would be amazed at how many christains are starting to believe God is okay with all religions and etc .

What a lie .   And what a mockery to Christ who came to save .   Deny HIM as the ONLY way and its a double death sentence .

Jesus was beaten down to a state where he was hardly even recognizeable .    HE didn't do it ,  so popes and all could kiss korans , and buddas and say hey we all one big

earth family .   Its truly a good thing the early apostels KNEW by grace , Christ was the ONLY way .   But then its why they turned the world upside down .

Not like today where they do all to put down what divides and pick up the lie that unites them all under THE LIE .

How is that for bartering .    MY mind is fully made up that JESUS is the only way , all other mindsets , religions ,  are death and the second death .

Ps.    You can mail this to warren and all those men of belial and the pope .    For they have long trod Jesus under foot .

That's my Peace ,   and as for this big unity move ,   you can nail this on the door of ROME .    Their will be no bargaining from frienduff the wild boar.   NO pact with lies .

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

Religion is not the body of Christ. Believers in the Grace of God through Jesus sacrifice and resurrection are the body of Christ. There are probably some in Catholic churches, Baptist, Mormon, or even living on some mountain somewhere, belonging to no "religious group".  

Membership in an organization is not what makes you a member of Christ's "church". Your belief is what makes you a member, regardless of how you spend your Sundays (or Saturdays).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom R. Hartono,

I think Billy Graham is wrong on this account on a technicality, but not on heart intent. 

Let's look at it again...

10 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Now, Billy is incorrect on this matter. They are not members of the Body of Christ. In fact, some believing they are Christians are not even members of the Body of Christ, so certainly not those who reject Him.

However, let's be reasonable here and give Billy the benefit of the doubt on this one statement. The role of an evangelist, on stage and preaching before large crowds, is a lot of pressure even to the experienced. It can easily lead to tripping over ones words or using incorrect wording in your passion to make a point.  This is common in other large business meetings and conferences.  I laughed at a recent error at the latest Samsung Press Conference, in which they said "You can now have all this power right at your fingerpips". Hehe, that still makes me smile now. 

Anyway, I think what Billy was trying to say is this:

"Whether they came from the muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the Christian world or a non believing world, they are God's lost sheep because they have been called by God, they may not even know the name of Jesus. But they know in their heart that they need something that they dont have and they turned to the only light they have and I think that they are safe."

Again, I'm giving Billy the benefit of the doubt here. I'm not particularly a fan of his at all.  But I think it's important we are open to understand that such a man, with so many meetings under his belt, could probably make a silly error here or there.  However, if Billy DID mean this and repeated it - then he was wrong according to many scriptures.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Billy Graham in an interview with Barbara Walters said he blew it by getting to close to politics, Nixon. He said the ministry was never the same and would never become what God intended because of it. He called himself a failure. That was in the 90s, It doesn't seem he found his way on solid ground again but God knows.

What I think is the real damage in getting involved with the world, as James puts it, "Friendship with the world" is the constriction the world puts on us and we wiggle out of it for the sake of friendship instead of standing firm. That's a big problem in the Purpose Driven circles. Entaglement and compromise for the serpent to ease up a bit. Constriction. Then apology for the sake of the organization and connections.

Edited by Zemke
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

It is suggested that you listen more carefully to what Billy Graham actually said on that video.. you seem to think that he said that the Muslims, the Buddists stay in their religion.. as well as the non-believing world continues not to believe and yet "are all saved".

Graham emphasized, in his own words, that all may hear, believe and accept Christ. .. which would be in accordance with what it says in Jn.14:6.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

But they know in their heart that they need something that they dont have and they turned to the only light they have and I think that they are safe.

He was talking about non christians who were searching for God. I think his words are careless, giving the wromg idea. Salvation is through faith in Jesus only. But God does speak to muslims and others throuigh dreams and visions, leading them to find out about Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

It is suggested that you listen more carefully to what Billy Graham actually said on that video.. you seem to think that he said that the Muslims, the Buddists stay in their religion.. as well as the non-believing world continues not to believe and yet "are all saved".

Graham emphasized, in his own words, that all may hear, believe and accept Christ. .. which would be in accordance with what it says in Jn.14:6.

Thank you for this clarification. I wasn't able to access a link on the post for viewing, so it's good to know about this information. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

27 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Thank you for this clarification. I wasn't able to access a link on the post for viewing, so it's good to know about this information. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

This might help you next time.. I just copied the "http.. url" and chose the options in the pop-up box that immediately opens a browser in the search engine, then I checked the url of the first video of an interview of Billy Graham that coincided with the parts quoted by the poster.

The video happened to be less than two minutes long which no doubt had originally been longer. Sometimes short clips leave out pertinent content but that one happened to be sufficient to clarify what Graham was talking about.

btw.. Your welcome. :)

• Thanks 1