IGNORED

New bible, makes me ill

ayin jade

Guest The Chief

In writing a paraphrase, the writer (and publisher) MAY have as an excuse "we didn't quite understand what a particular verse said, so we did the best we could with what we had." In writing such a travesty as this, the writer (AND publisher) have absolutely no such escape, as even the more recent of the ancient writings used for translational purposes are quite clear on gender-differentiation.

It seems (from what little was posted on the news site) that the writer simply exchanged "Judith" for "Jesus," with no listed authority or documentation to support their outrageous claim. P.Oxy.2, a papyrus fragment dating at least 100 years earlier than the Codex Vaticanus, for example, clearly mentions the manner of birth of "Jesus Christ," not "Judith Christ" (Matthew 1:18). Likewise, P.Oxy.208, a portion of John 1:23-31 is quite clear on the gender of our Lord (The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.)

Maybe it is time for the "translators" who worked on this fairy tale go back to school for remedial Greek, and the publishers depart from the "Edward Kennedy School of Liberal Publishing." They need to stop tickling the ears of the reader and set forth the truth, for a change!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I dont think they were aiming for an accurate translation, only a translation that met their particular view point. They had no qualms changing the bible to fit what they wanted.

Their motivation:

"This long-awaited revised text of the Gospels makes the moral message of Christ more accessible to many, and more illuminating to all," says Billie Shakespeare, V.P. for the publisher. "It is empowering. We published this new Bible to acknowledge the rise of women in society."

Amazon.com lists thepublisher as L B I Law & Business Institute. I cant find any information on them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

It's not just sickening, it lowers Jesus' Holy Status down so, so much.

It's blasphemy, indeed.

I cannot imagine somebody really buying this junk !!! :wub:

I would hate to read it. I think it's absolutely mad.

Hey! I know! Why not just stick with the good ol' King James, eh?

Yomo (the sickened)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

:unsure::unsure::13:

Guest Obtuse Monkey

What joke? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In a thread about the blaspheme of changing Jesus to Judith, WhySoBlind changes Israel to America. It's pretty subtly done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was merely comparing Israel's sin to America's sin. Not making any claim regarding a special national calliong or something like that. I don't see what your point is, other than to create some sort of confusion on this thread..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't intend to cause confusion; I honestly thought it was a joke. I couldn't see why, after making a comment about what you call "Solomon Syndrome" you'd make a serious comparison such as that. If it's looked at on it's own, exclusively as a point about sins mentioned in those chapters in Ezekiel, I can see that it works as a serious point. I have to say, it was hilarious at the time.

Well this is what happens when we compromise the Word of GOD.We have had tons of new translations.It's like a trend anymore.Every group that claims to be Christian wants a Bible for themselves and the world has complied.This is the reason I'm a King James "onlyist" Bible reader :unsure: . When is enough  enough? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason there are lots of new translations is that the language is so different, and often can be misunderstood, or meanings can be lost in translation. If your serious about looking at the Bible without anyone putting a personal mark upon it through tanslation, then I would suggest learning ancient Hebrew and ancient Greek fluently. Apparently a lot of it rhymes and is in meter and things, which is pretty cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So how many english translations do we need?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it will ever translate perfectly into English. However, to stick with a King James Bible won't give you as accurate translations on some parts as in others.

The important ideas are all in there (like how to treat people (love thy neighbour)). I try to keep mine up to date, since I spend a lot of time around non Christians, and it's useful to have something that is more accessible (translated into modern English). If you want to compare translations look at http://www.biblegateway.com/

I know it didn't answer the question, but I hope you found it helpful.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On the day of judgement stand back and see the wrath of the Lord

Womens rights groups are rejoiceing and Satan but that is about it

what a disservice to the Lord God Almighty and all christians who truly love the Lord

In Christ

IreneM

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Plain and simple - this "Bible" is for ultra-Feminists.

Hmm . . . I wonder how they deal with the "wives submit to your husbands" verse?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

it probably says husbands submit to your wives in this version :unsure:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

... like Judith (whose name in Hebrew means "Jewess" or "female Judean"). ... book of Judith (found in the Apocrypha in the Catholic Bible) is similar to ...

I wondered where they did get the name Judith.......

Its unbelieveble shocking a Bible like this coming to the stores , but it doesn't suprise me, I exept anyday a new Bible which tells us that homosexuality is no sin.

We're heading to the end :unsure:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

it probably says husbands submit to your wives in this version  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but not before the man changes his last name! :unsure: