• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

yes I certainly agree with the OP. However I have also experienced extreme frustration with atheists especially when encountered on YouTube. Nevertheless they are still creatures of God and we have to be kind to them. Praying for them is good the other thing to do is cannot buy into their game. on YouTube I don't answer them nasty either I answer them in a kind way or I don't answer at all. the truth is before I knew God I was often very hard to get along with I used to consider the Bible mythology I started reading it to prove it wrong but the Holy Spirit came over me and I came to know it as truth.  therefore the one thing we shouldn't do is to hate them. We can hate what they believe in we can hate what they do their sins but we should not hate them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Sower said:

As soldiers for Christ, we need to recognize the real enemy,
the ones who blinded their minds, seeking whom they can destroy.

Ephesians 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4  But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?
And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear
without someone preaching to them?
And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written,
"
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
(Romans 10:14-15)

Sower ,   oh sower ,  you put those hands up and praise the Lord .

And all we need to do IS learn from CHRIST feeding daily upon the beauty of the bible .    IN HIM we have all we DO NEED .    Hands up , sower ,  its time .

AS IN TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .    The praise of the LORD shall be continually upon my lips .      And what a rejoicing  HE TRULY IS .    So hands up gary .  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:39 AM, ayin jade said:

There but for the grace of God go I....

I could have remained lost in unbelief. We were all lost at one point. We should be praying for them and witnessing to them. 

E      X       A        C        T         L             Y .         

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/12/2019 at 10:47 AM, BorderCowboy said:

Mornin' Folks, So last night I was in chat and the topic of atheists came up. I was surprised by the number of people that stated that they "hated" them  some stating they "had no souls". Atheists are folks with hardened hearts, eyes that do not see and ears that do not hear. Basically they are folks who have not been sent the Holy Spirit and and brought into the light by our Lord. We, as believers, are disciples of God and it is our mission to help bring the word to people like these. So, I say we should not turn our faces away from atheists, but stand our ground and share the Lord's word with them. Be vigilant After all we are soldiers of God! Your thoughts?    JJ

If only they had no souls. But hell is a real place where the souls of the lost will go.

I understand the recoiling away from those who disbelieve God, hate him,, mock him, blaspheme him...

but we are to share the love of Christ with them despite all this.

In my apologetics days I witnessed to several atheists.

To my knowledge none came to Christ... but they might have since I last saw them.

I was more of a planter of the seeds of doubt in their field of assured atheism...

One in particular I gave a book written by Dr. A.E. Wilder Smith (former atheist).

He returned it mostly unread but appreciated the sentiment.

I also gave him an ipad to listen to (he being a hard rock lover like me) with old Glass Harp tunes

featuring Phil Keaggy.

LOL

He handed it back... "This is JESUS music!" he said.

I said, "Did you like the rock music?"

He had to admit it was pretty good.

And it is.

I am especially fond of Phil Keaggy's work.

The thing is, there comes a time when you walk away from naysayers but don't give up on them.

If nothing else pray for them.

They all need Jesus the same way we did.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

19 minutes ago, JohnD said:

In my apologetics days I witnessed to several atheists.

To my knowledge none came to Christ... but they might have since I last saw them.

You never know. 

My husband witnessed to many folks 30 plus years ago. When he encountered them again in recent years, they told him they got saved. Seeds he planted took years, but indeed took root in some.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I thank all the kind words from those who enjoyed readin' my thoughts. God bless!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

I can see nowhere in the Bible that Jesus, Paul or anybody else pleaded for somebody to believe the Gospel .I think one should plant a seed, do some praying but remember to not cast “pearls before swine” I’ve seen it play out just as Jesus said—- they will attack what you say and them come after “ you”.We should exercise wise discernment in these matters.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

On 4/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, JohnD said:

But hell is a real place where the souls of the lost will go.

Hi John,

I believe you are not the only one to say so.

The Bible was written a context in which Christians did not insult them or prohibit them from replying when Christians talked about them in public. Neither did the Bible prophesy that there will be a moment in which Christians mock atheists or treat them in a condescending manner. You only mention atheists mocking us ;).

So now times seem to have changed as we can see here. We can still visit the old threads here on Worthy in which atheists were subjected to personal attacks stemming from the believing side. Or look at the quote below...

I would call it a theory that these recent developments do not contribute to the way Jesus judges them.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:29 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

remember to not cast “pearls before swine

Hi BB,

don't you think ot might be condescending when you talk about them in this manner? When they can't reply as you know?

The atheists on Worhty certainly feel excluded by us. This is all the more true when we come to talk about them without them having the possibility to reply. I happen to have a statement from an atheist (Kevin B) in my PM inbox which reads

"Hi all that can read and reply. 

Essentially I was I  this site a while ago,  was always polite, was always respectful despite receiving threatening and ad hominem attack replies from Christians. I'm deeply saddened to see the site has taken great lengths to inhibit discourse and replies from non believers. I think this is massively segregating and doesn't help,  in fact hinders, integration and understanding all views is essential as we have to share space and the steps this site has taken to put up further walls only adds to dividing us."

Regards,

Thomas

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

18 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi John,

I believe you are not the only one to say so.

The Bible was written a context in which Christians did not insult them or prohibit them from replying when Christians talked about them in public. Neither did the Bible prophesy that there will be a moment in which Christians mock atheists or treat them in a condescending manner. You only mention atheists mocking us ;).

So now times seem to have changed as we can see here. We can still visit the old threads here on Worthy in which atheists were subjected to personal attacks stemming from the believing side. Or look at the quote below...

I would call it a theory that these recent developments do not contribute to the way Jesus judges them.

Hi BB,

don't you think ot might be condescending when you talk about them in this manner? When they can't reply as you know?

The atheists on Worhty certainly feel excluded by us. This is all the more true when we come to talk about them without them having the possibility to reply. I happen to have a statement from an atheist (Kevin B) in my PM inbox which reads

"Hi all that can read and reply. 

Essentially I was I  this site a while ago,  was always polite, was always respectful despite receiving threatening and ad hominem attack replies from Christians. I'm deeply saddened to see the site has taken great lengths to inhibit discourse and replies from non believers. I think this is massively segregating and doesn't help,  in fact hinders, integration and understanding all views is essential as we have to share space and the steps this site has taken to put up further walls only adds to dividing us."

Regards,

Thomas

Um, among atheists, cultists, homosexuals, etc. I have been called many times the most respectful Christian they ever met.

I once told an atheist I respect his choice not to believe in God. Because God does (respect his choice).

Choice is what we're all here to do isn't it?

Anyway, I agree mocking or persecuting anyone is NOT the way to lovingly lead them to the Savior.

• Thanks 1