• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

I can forgive him, but I would be unwise to forget the experience

I agree that we should learn from our past, just as God doesn't always keep us from bad things happening, just helps us in how to overcome. 

I guess it's just easy to say the phrase, "forgive & forget" when it should be "forgive and learn from experience" perhaps.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

4 hours ago, createdequal said:

I don't believe forgiveness "from the heart" comes until you just forgive not-so-from-the-heart... forgivenss is difficult bc There are some evils that are just.. but of course we forgive the person, not the evil

Agreed. Even when I'm still a bit sore, I put it to mind and prayer to forgive them. It just doesn't feel more sincere until some time passes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

11 hours ago, TheAimes said:

I've noticed that it certainly makes it easier to forgive others when we see ourselves properly, we're all desperately wicked, some of us have just found the One who makes us righteous. Doesn't make it hurt any less when we're wronged though and it's still a struggle at times to let things go; but there is much truth in the saying that holding on to a grudge/resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die. Like you said, life is far too short to spend our days dwelling on the bad when He's truly so good. 

Yes, I also believe the above mentioned.

Harboring unforgiveness is a poison. I would say it is a sin that erodes at our own body and soul.

I also believe that the Holy Spirit of God is the one who gives us the ability to truly forgive. It is something that we have to confess=confess our unforgivenss and ask God to show us how to forgive.

As it has been said, if we can understand how we ourselves are wretched sinners forgiven by Gods Mercy and Grace, then we also will be given the ability through Christ working in us to forgive those we perceive hurt us or wronged us.

As it has been said, we don't have to hang out with those who have abused us, but can forgive them and not feel bad about them anymore, with Gods help.  We can keep our distance from any active abuser but still forgive them as its not them but the evil working in them that did what they did.

We all need Gods plan of Mercy and Grace, It is what brings healing, mentally , physically and spiritually.

Keeping unforgiveness in our hearts can literally make us sick. It can bring on all manner of sickness, mental and physical.

There is a very good book that shows through scripture how harboring unforgivenss can effect our health. Its callled:" A more Excellent Way -spiritual roots of disease, pathways to wholeness by author Henry W. Wright"

The Holy bible stresses the importance of forgiving for a vital reason here on earth , so to heal and protect and find His peace within us and to give us life eternal.

The scriptures make it clear that if we do not forgive others, neither will our Godly Father forgive us.

Matthew 6:15 The Lord's Prayer
14For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive yours.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I also believe we should forgive from our hearts.... It's what the Lord taught us to do.

marriage-bible-verse-8l.jpg.dad72bc7508378bcee59fe4e6781e117.jpg

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

18 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

Forgiveness is a choice.

Sometimes the things that hurt are invisible until it has knocked you down where all you feel is frustration and aggravation. When I've been hurt, I know that I don't have to "feel" like forgiving those who hurt me, I just have to do it.  I realize it is not something to which I have to be emotionally connected.

Some people hold grudges.  Life in this world is too short, so I choose to forgive others, so He will forgive me.

Correction Christians only have to forgive when there is repentance and then and only then Must they forgive.

Please read luke 17:3+4.

Every verse about forgiving is in this context. Think, how does God forgive.

God only forgives when there is repentance.

Don't be like the pharases and add rules to scripture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15

3 hours ago, Who me said:

Correction Christians only have to forgive when there is repentance and then and only then Must they forgive.

Yes, as Christians, I believe I should repent then ask for forgiveness. 

This is not the same as if I forgive someone else for their wrongdoing, when they don't know that they hurt me physically, emotionally, (etc).

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

48 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

Yes, as Christians, I believe I should repent then ask for forgiveness.

This is not the same as if I forgive someone else for their wrongdoing, when they don't know that they hurt me physically, emotionally, (etc).

As should everyone who hurts you.

If they don't know then as Luke 17 says one rebukes them and only, only, only when they have said sorry do you forgive them.

If they won't, don't or can't then like Jesus on the cross you commit them, the incident and your feelings over to God for him to deal with.

• Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.81
  • Days Won:  33

On 10/9/2019 at 12:37 PM, mlbrokish said:

Forgiveness is a choice. 

Sometimes the things that hurt are invisible until it has knocked you down where all you feel is frustration and aggravation. When I've been hurt, I know that I don't have to "feel" like forgiving those who hurt me, I just have to do it.  I realize it is not something to which I have to be emotionally connected.

Some people hold grudges.  Life in this world is too short, so I choose to forgive others, so He will forgive me.

@mlbrokish

Amen to that. To forgive is a decision. And it works.

I say out loud "I choose to forgive (name and names), in the name of Jesus".

And I keep doing it until I feel I have forgiven them. And if feelings arise again, then I keep saying it. It's a process, and you can't always feel the forgiveness immediately. But once you say to Jesus I choose to forgive this person, Jesus then does the rest.

It works! Praise the Lord!

God bless,

Becky.

xxx

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/03/1987

is it ok to forgive someone, not wish them harm, not tell people about them to ruin their reputation but only choosing to tell someone who can help you heal?

im afraid ill go to hell if im still hurt by something

• This is Worthy 1

8 hours ago, Who me said:

I read Luke 17:3-4.  I know God only forgives with repentance. 

While I understand about forgiving those who have sinned against me by reprimanding their wrongdoing, them repenting, and then granting forgiveness, I am also talking about me forgiving those who have sinned against me but they are not aware of it, and may not be able to be told of it.   

For instance, I was raped as a teen, but never reported and also never confronted the guy.  Years later, even though I unsuccessfully tried to find him, I had to come to realize that I must hand it over to God to handle it. I found I could forgive him of his actions so that I could stop carrying the pain with me. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1