• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,685
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, douggg said:

Charlie,  I agree that is the essence of the Mt. Sinai Covenant.     Suppose that the little horn person, in the time of the end,  at some point "transgressed" that covenant, stopping the daily sacrifice, and declaring himself to be God ?       Could that action not be considered the "transgression of desolation" of Daniel 8 ?

image.png.e081ab175f0e8dc55cc8a263175d20ef.png

Thanks douggg! First I believe Satan has already declared war against God   - at the beginning of all things ! He is incapable of worshiping and obeying God. He has and will continue to do evil until the very end. 

The Jews have always failed to obey and worship God throughout their history... they certainly “transgressed” so many times despite God’ warnings and forgiveness. God would once again restore the Jews to Jerusalem after 70 years in Babylon but He knew they would once again transgress. 

Unfortunately, this time their transgressions would cause “desolation”! The failure to recognize their Messiah and His crucifixion would be the most horrific and permanent act they could possibly do- this transgression would cause their desolation. Nothing could possibly be a greater harm or transgression to God. 

There is no longer the need for a sacrificial system after His sacrifice- that system is dead, hence there can not be anything that could be done to it that has any meaning. It has no value left to God and therefore can not be transgressed. Done away with! The little horn of Daniel 8 and the one in Daniel 11 are the same and has been identified by God as the one who WILL declare himself to be equal to God and is able to forgive sins, etc. - the papacy!

So Daniel 8 idenfies the little horn after the 3rd kingdom ( but He is not labeled a king or he is head of a kingdom), only identified as the next power after Alexander. The 4th kingdom and the 4th King will be Jesus Himself - which is why no king ( man) or kingdom (Rome) is not specifically identified. Certainly pagan Rome will emerge but God is not concerned about another man made king or kingdom- He is willing to identify the one who will attempt to declare war (spiritual) against Him. I am currently trying to unpack Daniel 11 and this is clearly the most difficult chapter... but at this time, I believe I may have some traction- Daniel is writing about the coming Messiah, the event that will show the “desolation “ to the Jews as a result of their failure to accept the Messiah, and the rise and coming of the little horn who will do “what his fathers, fathers have not done “. 

Consequently, the Messiah would fulfill all 6 of His mission requirements and the 3 you have just mentioned- stop the daily sacrifice by His own sacrifice, by the Jews making the worst decision possible would be the “transgression that would indeed cause their “desolation”. Why anyone would thing there could be any transgression greater than killing God Himself is beyond me and attempt to equate that level of “transgression “ to the stopping of a sacrificial system in the future where God Himself declared He Himself would be the perfect sacrifice once and for all! Hope some of this is acceptable to you, thanks Charlie 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

There is no longer the need for a sacrificial system after His sacrifice- that system is dead, hence there can not be anything that could be done to it that has any meaning. It has no value left to God and therefore can not be transgressed.

Charlies, the little horn person transgresses the covenant by going into the temple sitting claiming to be God.      

You had written..." I believe it is the covenant where the Jews agreed to obey God and worship only Him."

2Thessalonians2:4      Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.    [the transgression of desolation]

Ezekiel 28:2    Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Daniel 8:25     And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The little horn person becomes the leader of the EU.    Following Gog/Magog, the Jews think he is the messiah.    Anointed the King of Israel.    Confirms, the Mt. Sinai covenant for 7 years.      A temple is built.     The Jews begin animal sacrifices.

In the middle part of the 7 years, he magnifies himself in his heart.     He stops the daily sacrifice.    Goes into the temple, transgresses the Mt. Sinai covenant, by sitting in temple, claiming to have achieved God-hood.     The transgression of desolation.

Edited by douggg

1 minute ago, douggg said:

Charlies, the little horn person transgresses the covenant by going into the temple sitting claiming to be God.      

You had written..." I believe it is the covenant where the Jews agreed to obey God and worship only Him."

2Thessalonians2:4      Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Ezekiel 28:2    Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

Daniel 8:25     And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Thanks douggg! I understand your response. But these are different events- for me. 

The little horn will and has indeed claimed to be god on earth and sits on the throne of god on earth- the papacy! In the “seat” or “place” of god is the office or holy place  he (pope) rules on earth. This does not mean or have to literally mean another physical temple.  He will magnify himself “ in his heart” as though... he thinks to seat himself / raise or place himself above all mankind and to be worshipped as god... certainly the papacy is and has put themselves in that “seat”. I also think I remember in the New Testament where it is written that the new temple is now within each of us, and we are to invite God into our heart to worship with Him. The old / physical temple is no longer a part in God’s Plan of Salvation. 

Fyi, what part of the US are you in? If you are in the US... thanks, Charlie 

5 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Fyi, what part of the US are you in? If you are in the US... thanks, Charlie 

middle south, USA.   

5 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

The little horn will and has indeed claimed to be god on earth and sits on the throne of god on earth- the papacy!

Charlie, when Jesus returns, and the beast and false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire, Revelation 19:19-20 - where is Jesus's foot going to touch down on and split the mount of olives in half, Zechariah 14:4....... where will the pope be ?  

The pope does not rule from Jerusalem, but Rome.

The scene will be Jesus standing on the Mt. of Olives, directly across from the temple mount location.    On the temple mount will be the beast (the little horn person), the false prophet, and the statue image of the beast incarnated by Satan.

4 hours ago, douggg said:

Charlie, when Jesus returns, and the beast and false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire, Revelation 19:19-20 - where is Jesus's foot going to touch down on and split the mount of olives in half, Zechariah 14:4....... where will the pope be ?  

The pope does not rule from Jerusalem, but Rome.

The scene will be Jesus standing on the Mt. of Olives, directly across from the temple mount location.    On the temple mount will be the beast (the little horn person), the false prophet, and the statue image of the beast incarnated by Satan.

Thanks douggg! Unfortunately, I have yet to study Revelation. I was told to study Daniel before I attempt Revelation. However, I can tell you that since I have completed the first 10 chapters of Daniel, the misinterpretations that are prevalent in Daniel have a significant effect on how people interpret Revelation. A good example is the belief that there are the 7 years remaining of Daniel’s 70 weeks into the future. This belief demands many interpretations must follow into Revelation. Consequently, a misinterpretation in Daniel has a tremendous effect on how one MUST view and interpret Revelation. I have to try and understand Daniel without looking at Revelation (however, at the end of the day these two books must agree with each other). But for now, I need to treat Daniel as though Revelation has yet to be written - and this is exactly how the Jews of the day prior to the crucifixion would have to try and interpret it.

Since I have not started Revelation it would be wrong for me to stop and go to Revelation and interpret this against Daniel- however, it is clear to me that there are 2 major issues that everyone has to address: 

1) they have to significantly “bend” their interpretations of Revelation based on their misunderstanding of Daniel,

2) they will not be able to “fit” or “reconcile “ the 2 books ( and thus get a unified message  or correct interpretation or message from the 2 books) unless they are willing and able to interpret many verses ( both books) in a non-historical manner). It is not possible or appropriate to try and match the interpretations I am promoting against the existing interpretations of Revelation. It is apples and oranges. Once I complete Daniel then I would have to apply this to Revelation - again- they would need to “fit” together.

Based on the interpretations of Daniel today, where there is absolutely NO consensus, there is also no consensus for Revelation whatsoever. Today’s Daniel does not at all “fit” today’s Revelation- and it because Daniel is not yet properly interpreted. Hope this makes sense, Charlie 

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

Today’s Daniel does not at all “fit” today’s Revelation- and it because Daniel is not yet properly interpreted. Hope this makes sense, Charlie 

Charlie, Revelation and Daniel "fit" perfectly.    What doesn't fit is people's interpretation of them.     I am 71 and have 50 years, thereabouts,  doing what you are doing.

It is impossible to understand Daniel completely and correctly without Revelation.     

But there is hope because one basic common denominator in both is the arch villain of the end times.     Tracking that person's rise, involvement, demise is what you will find that you will be actually doing.    

I can share with you, there is one critical factor - that there is not any passage in the bible that is going to pop right out to tell you.    Critical.   

That is - the person is the King of the Roman Empire (end times) and....(pause)...... for a while - the King of Israel (end times).      Two completely different kingdoms.   

The functional role of Christ, in biblical framework - is to be the "King of Israel" sent to the Jews by God.      The disciples knew that.    The common people knew that.     The scribes and pharisees knew that.      But who doesn't know that?     The average Christian - because the church is salvation oriented.    So Christians think of Christ as Savior - and tend to overlook Christ as the King of Israel, the messiah.

So "Anti"  Christ is a person coming who will become...... instead of (and against) Jesus, the rightful King of (the kingdom of) Israel............... the King of Israel for awhile.       The perceived, but wrongly, anticipated messiah in the eyes of the Jews for awhile.

Jesus - arrived as the messiah, riding the donkey (Zechariah 9:9), hailed as the King of Israel, John 12:12-15.    Fulfilling Daniel 9:25.     Four days later, cutoff, crucified.    Fulfilling Daniel 9:26.       Mocked as "Christ the King of Israel" at the crucifixion, by the scribes and pharisees.    Mark 15:32.

So what you will discover should you continue to delve into the end times prophecies is that at times the person is the King of the Roman Empire (end times) and for a while the King of Israel (the Anti-Christ).

King of the Roman Empire -  as the little horn, then later as the beast.      King 7, the little horn.    King 8 , the beast.   Revelation 17:10-11.

King of Israel (for awhile) - as the Anti-christ.

Edited by douggg

11 minutes ago, douggg said:

Charlie, Revelation and Daniel "fit" perfectly.    What doesn't fit is people's interpretation of them.     I am 71 and have 50 years, thereabouts,  doing what you are doing.

It is impossible to understand Daniel completely and correctly without Revelation.     

But there is hope because one basic common denominator in both is the arch villain of the end times.     Tracking that person's rise, involvement, demise is what you will find that you will be actually doing.    

I can share with you, there is one critical factor - that there is not any passage in the bible that is going to pop right out to tell you.    Critical.   

That is - the person is the King of the Roman Empire (end times) and....(pause)...... for a while - the King of Israel (end times).      Two completely different kingdoms.   

The functional role of Christ, in biblical framework - is to be the "King of Israel" sent to the Jews by God.      The disciples knew that.    The common people knew that.     The scribes and pharisees knew that.      But who doesn't know that?     The average Christian - because the church is salvation oriented.    So Christians think of Christ as Savior - and tend to overlook Christ as the King of Israel, the messiah.

So "Anti"  Christ is a person coming who will become...... instead of (and against) Jesus, the rightful King of (the kingdom of) Israel............... the King of Israel for awhile.       The perceived, but wrongly, anticipated messiah in the eyes of the Jews for awhile.

Jesus - arrived as the messiah, riding the donkey (Zechariah 9:9), hailed as the King of Israel, John 12:12-15.    Fulfilling Daniel 9:25.     Four days later, cutoff, crucified.    Fulfilling Daniel 9:26.       Mocked as "Christ the King of Israel" at the crucifixion, by the scribes and pharisees.    Mark 15:32.

So what you will discover should you continue to delve into the end times prophecies is that at times the person is the King of the Roman Empire (end times) and for a while the King of Israel (the Anti-Christ).

King of the Roman Empire -  as the little horn, then later as the beast.      King 7, the little horn.    King 8 , the beast.   Revelation 17:10-11.

King of Israel (for awhile) - as the Anti-christ.

douggg, thanks for your thoughts and I agree with so much of what you are/ have said...but there are a few differences.

I believe we must understand Daniel before we can apply it to Revelation- not the other way around. You mentioned it already fits perfectly— but there are already so many differences among many acclaimed scholars. There still are many different views just within Daniel itself. Some / many contend the 70th week is in the future while others, and certainly myself believe it was completed without a “gap” theory. Some contend the 2300 days applies in the future while others attach it to AE. Some / most have no idea as to the identity of the 10 horns or the 3 plucked up... Some / almost all contend the times, times, and 1/2 equals 1260 year’s using the day for a year principle while others have a very different interpretation. Each of these interpretations, and there are a few more within Daniel itself have scholars and academics that interpret them in very different ways. Consequently, there can be no chance of a consensus and therefore a complete inability to apply them the same to the verses in Revelation. Because Daniel is so complicated (and certainly Revelation), it is critical to get “ it” right before moving on to Revelation. As I have seen recently started this process and having NO preconceived ideas on what Daniel should or is suppose be telling us, my initial approach was to read and learn from all the previous scholars and smart folks who are / were better equipped than myself.  Many of them did this for a living- they could and should teach me! And they certainly did, but I found that just about ALL students of Daniel agree with approximately 85% of Daniel- especially the earlier/ historical chapters. But the remaining 15% which start to show themselves from chapter 8 onwards create significant / different interpretations.  And these “15% er’s, if you will (some mentioned above), will and does create a wide and often wild interpretations down the line- even before we get out of Daniel itself! When I saw how there were at least a few strong yet different interpretations for these issues on Daniel, I realized that it was possible that no one might have the correct interpretation and I decided to focus on those relatively few enigmatic verses (15%). 

As I mentioned earlier, I have completed the first 10 chapters and I believe my interpretations may reflect the message within Daniel better than those out there... I asked myself to look at the specific verse and ask what is this trying to reveal to us as it were to speak about or to reveal something about the coming Messiah as opposed to some historical figure in man’s history (AE for example). Or how does and why would the 2300 days prophecy apply to the Messiah as opposed to it applying to a secular person or event. 

When I continued this approach I was able to identify these issues and they made so much sense - within Daniel. These relatively few ( maybe 8 issues) have a completely different interpretation than the existing ones promoted by scholars and have been accepted by most. And one more thing- just because they are/ have been repeated over and over again throughout the many years does not make them correct ( again, I am speaking of just the 8 or so complicated issues). The reason they are / have been consistently repeated and then reinforced is because they ARE SO complicated and they have really not be challenged. Why would anyone challenge these extremely qualified and highly gifted scholars? I am not smart enough to compete with them but I am not trying to.. I just came into this as a clean slate asking questions whenever I found conflicting opinions and very different interpretations- just within Daniel. So I certainly can expect to find consistency in their interpretations of Revelation.

Now, I am trying to unpack and understand what chapter 11 might be telling us- very, very difficult but I can assure you it is NOT a history lesson about AE or the Ptolemaic period—- the more I ask the question within 11 how it might apply or is speaking about the Messiah, His Word, and the spiritual battle of the little horn, the closer I am to understanding it. But it is so difficult!!

Sorry for the long winded response but I was very surprised to hear you mention that Daniel and Revelation fit perfectly using the interpretations found in today’s commentaries. 

But it is so clear that you have tremendous knowledge and talent in Daniel-and you are able to articulate so much better than myself... these is such a departure from my discipline... but I am finding by going in with a clean slate, asking questions that are  first and foremost focused on how they might speak about God ( which really is the point of all this), and my problem solving skills ( given by God and used in another discipline) and patience and sincere prayers that God would reveal to me what He wants me to see, I am making progress. 

Again, 11 is a monster! Best wishes and stay safe, and it is a pleasure discussing Daniel with you, Charlie 

4 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Sorry for the long winded response but I was very surprised to hear you mention that Daniel and Revelation fit perfectly using the interpretations found in today’s commentaries.

The two books fit perfectly - but certainly not in today's (nor historic) commentaries.     

Everything regarding commentaries, bible prophecy teachers, posts in discussion forums, the text of bible, videos, etc  - is like information input, constantly supplied, that you have to process.    It is natural, imo, to continuously go through some personal growth and rethink,  as you broadened your knowledge base - as God leads you.        I, for example,  even after 50 years, still do not know the name of the beast, in Revelation 13, the 666 number count to know his name exactly.   (albeit, there are unlimited number of theories on that issue).    I do think about it though, as a personal prophecy understanding pursuit  - because I love God and want to understand what He says.

Charlie, the reason to study the end times using the bible as whole, is....

Daniel 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Daniel, certainly a wise man, did not understand, because he did not have Revelation.    Studying the book of Daniel, without side beside studying of Revelation,  the prophecies therein (of both books) cannot be understood.         It takes time and dedication though to pursue both side beside.

________________________________________________________________________________

for example, you believe that Jesus's perfect sacrifice as what ceased the need for  the daily sacrifice,  as the correct understanding of Daniel 9:27, right?    That Jesus did end the need for the sacrificial system is factual.    I don't think anyone would disagree with that.    But the application of that fact to Daniel 9:27 is what has to be scrutinized - as attributing the "he" as being Jesus... or....  to someone else, in some other manner, for some other reason.

(a thought question) Where in Daniel 9 (or anywhere in the book of Daniel), is there any mention of the messiah being resurrected to be presented as that perfect sacrifice in heaven?        Daniel 9 indicates the arrival of the messiah.    And the messiah cutoff.   But not of the messiah's resurrection.        Daniel would not have been aware of the messiah's resurrection, just from what he was told by Gabriel.

We should note as well,  the stoppage of the daily sacrifice in the various visions Daniel has in the book of Daniel - is never attributed to the messiah.   

_________________________________________________________________________________

Regarding the gap in the 70 weeks fulfillment, is there anywhere in Daniel of the messiah coming once to die for the sins of the world - and a second time to judge the world ?      We know for certain there is a gap between Jesus's first coming and His second coming.

Edited by douggg

4 hours ago, Charlie744 said:

Again, 11 is a monster! Best wishes and stay safe, and it is a pleasure discussing Daniel with you, Charlie 

As an over view, the parts in blue are historic to us.      The parts in black, have "gap-ed" to the end times.    And more specifically, the last 42 months of the 70th week,  after the willful king person in verse 36 has become the beast.

2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will.

4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

5 And the king of the south shall be strong, and one of his princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion; his dominion shall be a great dominion.

6 And in the end of years they shall join themselves together; for the king's daughter of the south shall come to the king of the north to make an agreement: but she shall not retain the power of the arm; neither shall he stand, nor his arm: but she shall be given up, and they that brought her, and he that begat her, and he that strengthened her in these times.

7 But out of a branch of her roots shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail:

8 And shall also carry captives into Egypt their gods, with their princes, and with their precious vessels of silver and of gold; and he shall continue more years than the king of the north.

9 So the king of the south shall come into his kingdom, and shall return into his own land.

10 But his sons shall be stirred up, and shall assemble a multitude of great forces: and one shall certainly come, and overflow, and pass through: then shall he return, and be stirred up, even to his fortress.

11 And the king of the south shall be moved with choler, and shall come forth and fight with him, even with the king of the north: and he shall set forth a great multitude; but the multitude shall be given into his hand.

12 And when he hath taken away the multitude, his heart shall be lifted up; and he shall cast down many ten thousands: but he shall not be strengthened by it.

13 For the king of the north shall return, and shall set forth a multitude greater than the former, and shall certainly come after certain years with a great army and with much riches.

14 And in those times there shall many stand up against the king of the south: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to establish the vision; but they shall fall.

15 So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand.

16 But he that cometh against him shall do according to his own will, and none shall stand before him: and he shall stand in the glorious land, which by his hand shall be consumed.

17 He shall also set his face to enter with the strength of his whole kingdom, and upright ones with him; thus shall he do: and he shall give him the daughter of women, corrupting her: but she shall not stand on his side, neither be for him.

18 After this shall he turn his face unto the isles, and shall take many: but a prince for his own behalf shall cause the reproach offered by him to cease; without his own reproach he shall cause it to turn upon him.

19 Then he shall turn his face toward the fort of his own land: but he shall stumble and fall, and not be found.

20 Then shall stand up in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdom: but within few days he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battle.

21 And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.

22 And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant.

23 And after the league made with him he shall work deceitfully: for he shall come up, and shall become strong with a small people.

24 He shall enter peaceably even upon the fattest places of the province; and he shall do that which his fathers have not done, nor his fathers' fathers; he shall scatter among them the prey, and spoil, and riches: yea, and he shall forecast his devices against the strong holds, even for a time.

25 And he shall stir up his power and his courage against the king of the south with a great army; and the king of the south shall be stirred up to battle with a very great and mighty army; but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast devices against him.

26 Yea, they that feed of the portion of his meat shall destroy him, and his army shall overflow: and many shall fall down slain.

27 And both these kings' hearts shall be to do mischief, and they shall speak lies at one table; but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall be at the time appointed.

28 Then shall he return into his land with great riches; and his heart shall be against the holy covenant; and he shall do exploits, and return to his own land.

29 At the time appointed he shall return, and come toward the south; but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.

30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.

31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.

33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

GAP - to the appointed time of the end....

36 And the king [king 8 of Revelation 17:11, the beast in Revelation 13] shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Edited by douggg