IGNORED

IN THE MIDST OF COVID19, WHAT'S NEXT IN BIBLE PROPHECY?

CLIVE CAMPBELL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, luigi said:

You are correct that the Lord did not say to John, " I will show you only things hereafter", but it is implied in "I will show you things hereafter" without having to do so. Are you then not twisting the Word to make it mean something other than what the Word plainly states?

Most of the book is of things "hereafter." No, I don't think this is twisting at all.  I understand, it was me, not you, that Jesus asked the three questions to. It was me, not you, that could not answer them. it was me, not you, that He finally showed how to answer.

You can easily blow this off, and imagine that I only imagined it, or heard from another spirit - but I can assure you, it was Jesus, the head of the church. 

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I had Covid-19  2 years  ago.  The  Foreman at the Construction site kept coughing and I got it.   I could not get out of bed the next day.

But I managed to go to work 2 days later. It lasted for 3 weeks .   Three weeks of coughing and  wheezing .

I don't think that the USA should have shut down their Economy for it.  Just let it run its course  and keep you distance and wear the masks.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If you go to Youtube and type in the 2018 Video entitled  A Tour of the Incredible Old City of Jerusalem , 

you will see the  vastness of the  Wailing Wall Plaza that they have pushed back until it is the size of 2 Football Fields.

I think that that is  the  Place of the New Temple because they know that they cannot build on the top of Fort Antonia.

The  ""Temple Mount"" is far too Political  but No One will object to the Jews building on their own Property.

I just wonder who will CONFIRM  THAT  COVENANT  TO BUILD THE THIRD TEMPLE.

Will it be the Jewish Government, the United Nations,  Donald Trump or the POPE ???

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,794
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

8 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Back in those days the giant Greek Empire was considered "the whole earth." If you wish to read into that phrase more than was intended, it is your choice.  "Not touching the ground" was just the way God chose to show the speed with which Alexander the Great conquered.

Ellicott's Commentary:

An he goat.—This, according to Daniel 8:21, means the Greek empire, the large horn being the first king, or Alexander the Great. It may be remarked that the goat and the ram form the same contrast as the panther and the bear. Matchless activity is contrasted with physical strength and brutal fierceness.

Touched not the ground.—An exact prediction of the early conquests of Alexander, all whose movements were characterised by marvellous rapidity. This is expressed by “the wings of a fowl” (Daniel 7:6).

Benson Commentary:

As I was considering, behold, a he-goat, &c. — This is interpreted, Daniel 8:21, to be the king, or kingdom, of Grecia.

This he-goat came from the west; and who is ignorant that Europe lies westward of Asia? He came on the face of the whole earth, carrying every thing before him in all the three parts of the world then known; and he touched not the ground — His marches were so swift, and his conquests so rapid, that he might be said, in a manner, to fly over the ground without touching it. For the same reason, the same empire, in the former vision, was likened to a leopard, which is a swift, nimble animal; and, to denote the greater quickness and impetuosity, to a leopard with four wings.” “He flew,” says Dean Prideaux, “with victory, swifter than others can travel; often with his horse pursuing his enemies upon the spur whole days and nights; and sometimes making long marches for several days one after the other, as once he did in pursuit of Darius, of near forty miles a day, for eleven days together. So that, by the speed of his marches, he came upon his enemies before they were aware of him, and conquered them before they could be in a posture to resist him.” The goat had a notable horn between his eyes — “This horn, says the angel, is the first king, or kingdom, of the Greeks in Asia, which was erected by Alexander the Great,

Barne's Notes:

Behold, an he-goat came from the west - In Daniel 8:21, this is called the "rough-goat," There can be no doubt as to the application of this, for in Daniel 8:21 it is expressly said that it was "the king of Grecia." The power represented is that of Greece when it was consolidated under Alexander the Great, and when he went forth to the subjugation of this vast Persian empire. 

On the face of the whole earth - He seemed to move over the whole world - well representing the movements of Alexander, who conquered the known world, and who is said to have wept because there were no other worlds to conquer.

And touched not the ground - Margin, none touched him in the earth. The translation in the text, however, is more correct than that in the margin. He seemed to bound along as if he did not touch the ground - denoting the rapidity of his movements and conquests.

JFB Commentary:

notable horn—Alexander. "Touched not … ground," implies the incredible swiftness of his conquests; he overran the world in less than twelve years. The he-goat answers to the leopard (Da 7:6).

Matthew Poole's Commentary:

An he-goat; Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia and all Greece, called a he-goat because the Greeks were called Ægeans, as was their sea, that country and its islands abounding in goats, as the word signifies, goatish. The word

On the face of the whole earth, i.e. in that part of Asia where he opposed Xerxes, and overran all the Eastern empire.

Touched not the ground; therefore called a

leopard with wings, for he conquered with incredible swiftness in a short time, for in six years’ space he overcame the Medes and Persians, Babylon, Egypt, and all the countries round far and near; as if he had but travelled over them, he so came, saw, and overcame them.

A notable horn between his eyes: this was Alexander the Great, the western emperor.

Gill's Commentary:

behold, an he goat came from the west; which is interpreted of the king or kingdom of Grecia, which lay to the west of Persia; and a kingdom may be said to do what one of its kings did; particularly Alexander, king of Macedon, in Greece, who, with the Grecian army under him, marched from thence to fight the king of Persia; 

On the face of the whole earth; all that lay between Greece and Persia, all Asia; yea, all the whole world, at least as Alexander thought, who wept because there was not another world to conquer:

And touched not the ground; as he went; he seemed rather to fly in the air than to walk upon the earth; with such swiftness did Alexander run over the world, and make his conquests: in six or eight years time he conquered the kingdom of the Medes and Persians, Babylon, Egypt, and all the neighbouring nations; and afar off, Greece, Thrace, Illyricum, and even the greatest part of the then known world: hence the third or Grecian monarchy under him is said to be like a leopard, with four wings of a fowl on its back (s); see Gill on Daniel 7:6 he conquered countries as soon almost as another could have travelled over them; in his marches he was swift and indefatigable.

And the goat had a notable horn between his eyes; or, "a horn of vision": which in Daniel 8:21 is interpreted of the first king of Greece, that is, when it became a monarchy; who was Alexander the great;

Clarke's Commentary:

Behold, a he-goat - This was Alexander the Great; and a goat was a very proper symbol of the Grecian or Macedonian people.

Came from the west - Europe lies westward of Asia.

On the face of the whole earth - Carrying every thing before him.

Touched not the ground - Seemed to fly from conquest to conquest. By the time Alexander was thirty years of age he had conquered all Asia: and, because of the rapidity of his conquests, he is represented as a leopard with four wings, in the preceding vision.

Gaebelein's Annotated Bible

The he-goat with a notable horn is the Graeco- Macedonian monarchy and the notable horn is Alexander the Great. In 334 B. C., Alexander leaped like a swift he-goat across the Hellespont and fought his successful battles, then pushed on to the banks of the Indus and the Nile and then onward to Shushan. The great battles of the Granicus, Issus and Arbella were fought, and he stamped the power of Persia and its King, Darius Codomannus, to the ground. He conquered rapidly Syria, Phoenicia, Cyprus, Tyre, Gaza, Egypt, Babylonia, Persia. In 329 he conquered Bactria, crossed the Oxus and Jaxaitis and defeated the Scythians. And thus he stamped upon the ram after having broken its horns. But when the he goat had waxed very great, the great horn was broken. This predicted the early and sudden death of Alexander the Great

Then four notable ones sprang up in the place of the broken horn. This too has been fulfilled, for the empire of Alexander was divided into four parts. Four of the great generals of Alexander made the division namely, Cassander, Lysimachus, Seleucus and Ptolemy. The four great divisions were, Syria, Egypt, Macedonia and Asia Minor.

Then a little horn appeared out of one of these divisions; it sprung up out of Syria. This little horn is of course not the little horn mentioned in the previous chapter, for the little horn in Daniel 7:1-28 has its place in connection with the fourth beast (Rome), while this one comes from a division of the third beast, the Graeco-Macedonian monarchy.

History does not leave us in doubt of how and when this great prophetic vision was fulfilled. This little horn is the eighth king of the Seleucid dynasty. He is known by the name of Antiochus Epiphanes; after his wild and wicked deeds he was called Epiphanes, the madman. Long before he invaded the pleasant land (Israel’s land), Daniel saw what he would do. He conquered Jerusalem. He took away the daily sacrifice in the temple and offered a swine and swine’s blood upon the altar. He introduced idol worship, devastated the whole land and killed some 100,000 Jews.

In Daniel 8:13-14 is an angelic conversation. The 2,300 days (literal days) cover just about the period of time during which Antiochus did his wicked deeds. When they were ended Judas Maccabaeus cleansed the sanctuary about December 25, 165 B.C.

We believe these 2,300 days are therefore literal days and have found their literal fulfillment in the dreadful days of this wicked king from the north. There is no other meaning attached to these days and the foolish speculations that these days are years, etc., lacks scriptural foundation altogether. Such views and fanciful interpretations bring the study of prophecy into disrepute.

Haydock Commentary:

A he-goat. The empire of the Greeks, or Macedonians. --- He touched not the ground. He conquered all before him with so much rapidity, that he seemed rather to fly than to walk upon the earth. --- A notable horn. Alexander the great. (Challoner) --- He succeeded his father when only twenty years old, and the next year was chosen generalissimo of the Greeks against Persia, which he invaded at the head of 30,000 foot and 4,000 horses, having only seventy talents of silver and provisions for one month. With this he attacked the most flourishing empire, and conquered it in less than four years' time, when Darius was slain in the year 3674 [326 B.C.]. Alexander survived only six years and ten months, yet subdued so many nations that it is almost incredible that he should have travelled over them. He is the belly of brass and the leopard, 

If you choose to disagree with all these, of course you can. But these commentaries show us what the general thought of these scriptures has been over the years. I certainly have not written a commentary of the entire bible, and I doubt you have. Therefore I have great respect for these men. However, I understand, they are only men and so are fallible. Here I am in agreement with them. 

Rather than all the commentaries from individuals whose perspectives twist the Word, I prefer to use the Word in one area to corroborate the Word in another. I have done this and I know the truth.

• Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

The next is the opening of the seals after the rapture n the world will drown in great Tribulation.

9 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

The next is the opening of the seals after the rapture n the world will drown in great Tribulation.

The tribulation for Christians has already begun in places like China and India, to name just a couple;...and no rapture. This is just another area where you are deceived. 

1 hour ago, luigi said:

The tribulation for Christians has already begun in places like China and India, to name just a couple;...and no rapture. This is just another area where you are deceived. 

What? Have you torn 1 Thes. 4 & 5 out of your bible? 

OF COURSE there will be a rapture or catching up - starting with the Dead in Christ and ending with those alive and in Christ. They at the same moment in time, "sudden destruction" for those left behind.

By the way, John wrote that he was in "the tribulation" in his day.

Edited by iamlamad

7 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

What prevails is not your false testimony of the Word of God. Why do you provoke the wrath of God against you? Have you never read? 1Chronicles 21:v.9-16

9 And the Lord spake unto Gad, David's seer, saying,

10 Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the Lord, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee.

11 So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Choose thee

12 Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the Sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the Sword of the Lord, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the Lord destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

13 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the Lord; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.

14 So the Lord sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.

15 And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the Lord beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the Lord stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

16 And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the Lord stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.

Habakkuk 3:v.5

5 Before him went the PESTILENCE, and burning coals went forth at his feet.

Take care.  The Word is God. So, Fear God.

Typical: pull verses out of their context to make you look important. Sorry, those verses have nothing to do with the pestilence of today. You might have quoted Jesus when He said pestilence would come - but Jesus did NOT say that God would be the author. 

As I wrote, God sends down PERFECT and good gifts. Jesus told the devil was a murderer from the beginning. Pestilence comes from hell, not heaven! God does not have any pestilence.

By the way, God has no wrath for His children. His wrath is reserved for those that hate Him.

Edited by iamlamad

8 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

What? Have you torn 1 Thes. 4 & 5 out of your bible? 

OF COURSE there will be a rapture or catching up - starting with the Dead in Christ and ending with those alive and in Christ. They at the same moment in time, "sudden destruction" for those left behind.

By the way, John write that he was in "the tribulation" in his day.

I hope you are not twisting what I say to mean that I do not believe in being caught up to God, because I do believe in a spiritual rapture as depicted in 1 Thessalonians 4:17 , 2 Corinthians 12:2 & 4, and Revelation 12:5 & 17. This spiritual rapture occurs after the great tribulation, which also referred to as the day of the Lord, is only now in its beginning stages; the beginning of sorrows.

8 hours ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:
You say "the end still isn't here" , OK, but I work with the Word of God-the Word is God-understand?  So, I highlighted this detail in my post above quoting Matt.24:v.8:-All these things are the beginning of sorrows. Matt.24:v.8 

No, I did not say it, the bible said it: the written Word of God. So if you really do "work with the Word of God," Then you will forget your preconceptions and believe what the Word says: The earthquakes, pestilences, wars, rumors or wars, ETC, have been happening since the church age started, but have increased in frequency as we approach the end. 

Seal 2, the red horse and rider: that was the devil's attempts to stop the advance of the gospel by wars. But this horse and rider was limited to only 1/4th the earth in his theater of operation: probably taking in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. WHERE did two world wars start? Europe, in that 1/4th. 

Seal 3, the black horse and rider: that was the devil's attempts to stop the advance of the gospel by famines. But this horse and rider also was limited to only 1/4th the earth in his theater of operation: probably taking in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. WHERE has famines occurred over and over? In Africa. 

Seal 4, the pale horse and rider: that was the devil's attempts to stop the advance of the gospel by pestilence. But this horse and rider was also limited to only 1/4th the earth in his theater of operation: probably taking in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. WHERE did the black plague hit - twice - both times killing nearly 1/3 of the population? In Europe - in that 1/4th of the earth they were limited to. 

These three ride together: their purpose? To stop the advance of the gospel, to hold it within that one fourth of the earth, using wars, famines, and pestilences. Have they been successful? No: the gospel is around the world today.

The white horse and rider are to represent the church taking the gospel to the world.  the white horse and rider does not ride with these three. 

These riders (probably only symbolic) were sent out as soon as Jesus ascended and got the book with the seals into His hands. So around 32 AD when the church began.