• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, you have seemed a kind and balanced brother. Why has this gotten under your skin to such a degree that you keep pressing? 

I'll gladly tell you why Gideon, dear brother. Topics of nonsense and legalism. Our friend, vic66 has an alternate agenda here. Condemnation. That's right, CONDEMNATION and false doctrine. Do you feel we need more than the devil throws at us on a daily basis? You may, however I do not. This stinks up the place Badly! Do you enjoy this sort of thing yourself? No kinda thought not. I know you too well, you don't go for that anymore than I do. Now, we had one not long ago the opster posted on women wearing trousers, but it was locked down. Wonder why? I'll tell you. Because of condemnation and our ladies were righteously indignant over it. So, the mods not only shut it down, but also deleted it. Do we need more along these lines? This one is already getting irksome to me, personally. And I'd also like an answer to my question. No, I don't think it's asking too much. Not really. 

• Group:  Royal Member

44 minutes ago, Gideon said:

To my shame, I myself am guilty, as I was married for25 years before divorcing.

Are you forgiven by the shed blood of Christ? Then why are you still beating your head over it? No penalty, bro. Your sins were and are already forgiven you. You walk free! Now go for it joyously!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'll gladly tell you why Gideon, dear brother. Topics of nonsense and legalism. Our friend, vic66 has an alternate agenda here. Condemnation. That's right, CONDEMNATION and false doctrine. Do you feel we need more than the devil throws at us on a daily basis? You may, however I do not. This stinks up the place Badly! Do you enjoy this sort of thing yourself? No kinda thought not. I know you too well, you don't go for that anymore than I do. Now, we had one not long ago the opster posted on women wearing trousers, but it was locked down. Wonder why? I'll tell you. Because of condemnation and our ladies were righteously indignant over it. So, the mods not only shut it down, but also deleted it. Do we need more along these lines? This one is already getting irksome to me, personally. And I'd also like an answer to my question. No, I don't think it's asking too much. Not really. 

I agree with you about condemnation. Condemnation offers no hope. Conviction however calls for repentance, for changing how we think and act going forward,  which does bring hope. I have read a good bit of Vic's offerings, and in my opinion, it does not leave a lot of room for change, just guilt. Rhis is not what God desires. 

Have we strayed as God's people concerning marriage? Absolutely. But as I pointed out in my offering, actions we have taken cannot be undone. They are what they are. All we can do s confess them and learn from our errors. therein lies the hope. 

However, if we choose to ignore whatcis happening as a whole in the body..... an acceptance of divorce as  "just the way it is in today's society", then have we truly repented, or learned from God what He wants so badly to teach us? 

I have seen in many churches that marriage itself is looked upon as "old school" and younger Christian adults  are choosing to simply live together. And we as the body have rarely lifted up voices of dissent because, after all, 'who are we to judge?'

We have sacrificed  truth for convenience,  for 'not offending'. Truth, like stone is not washed away in one act of disobedience, but is eroded away over a long period of time. But in the end, he change, the compromise is still sin. 

My take on this subject is we have lost connection with God's Spirit, and satan has gladly filled the void with "doing what seems right in our own eyes."  I am convinced at some point God is going to restore us to purity of life and doctrine, and when that happens, we are going to see to our shame how far we have slipped. Marriage and divorce is most definitely one of those areas.  

My own message is often called  condemning and judgmental. How often we mistake efforts to  being about conviction with condemnation. We are in the place of saints wanting their ears tickled, but that cannot continue. 

God is looking for tears and broken hearts. I pray we give them to the One we love. 

blessings, 

Gids

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

16 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Are you forgiven by the shed blood of Christ? Then why are you still beating your head over it? No penalty, bro. Your sins were and are already forgiven you. You walk free! Now go for it joyously!

I have no more guilt. However, if I forget the error I made, convincing myself it is no big deal, do I just wink at sin in the future? Never. We need to learn where we have slipped and change our thinking..... and our future behavior. 

blessings to you, Beau

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I have no more guilt. However, if I forget the error I made, convincing myself it is no big deal, do I just wink at sin in the future? Never. We need to learn where we have slipped and change our thinking..... and our future behavior. 

blessings to you, Beau

Gideon

Whoa! Wait a minute, bro. I NEVER indicated sin was no big deal. He told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more. I've posted that on this thread too. But, did not Christ say that He did not CONDEMN her? He most certainly did. That's the point. Jesus forgives sin. We confess, accept forgiveness, and we are free! Of course He also desires repentance. He said so. Absolutely! So brother, you sinned, confessed, repented, accepted forgiveness, you did accept forgiveness, right? Then you are free of sin! Now, go forth joyously! Amen! And hallelujah for that matter too!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Whoa! Wait a minute, bro. I NEVER indicated sin was no big deal. He told the woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more. I've posted that on this thread too. But, did not Christ say that He did not CONDEMN her? He most certainly did. That's the point. Jesus forgives sin. We confess, accept forgiveness, and we are free! Of course He also desires repentance. He said so. Absolutely! So brother, you sinned, confessed, repented, accepted forgiveness, you did accept forgiveness, right? Then you are free of sin! Now, go forth joyously! Amen! And hallelujah for that matter too!

I fully agree.

But surely, you must admit our view of marriage and divorce in the overall climate of today's church does not line up with scripture. Those who have erred can receive forgiveness with confession and turning away from the sin.

But we also have an obligation to speak up concerning the truth so that others do not repeat our mistakes. God wants us holy. Until we take that call with far more seriousness than we have in the past, we will continue to err, and rob ourselves of the. joy of true overcoming and abiding in Him. 

blessings, 

Gids

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Praise GOD Christ came and died and rose for the sin of the world. Divorce never came from God we know this. What we do know.. if we confess our sins.. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness. He does not judge.. nor condemn. Again Christ came. Trying to apply the LAW.. won't work. And are we to hold people accountable to something they don't know about or even believe? Yes some will have to answer some day but.. a we all will. If you just sit and listen.. what do you hear? We still hear man telling each other what they should and should not be doing. Hind sight is always 20/20. Easy to look from the out side in. Different story when its happening to you personally. Praise GOD He sees the heart. And yes.. ALL of HIS word is TRUE!

Like the song.. for young girls.. but still applies here. "If you've done it and you wonder what to do.. go to Jesus He will make you brand new.". That does apply to EVERYTHING!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

29 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Praise GOD Christ came and died and rose for the sin of the world. Divorce never came from God we know this. What we do know.. if we confess our sins.. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness. He does not judge.. nor condemn. Again Christ came. Trying to apply the LAW.. won't work. And are we to hold people accountable to something they don't know about or even believe? Yes some will have to answer some day but.. a we all will. If you just sit and listen.. what do you hear? We still hear man telling each other what they should and should not be doing. Hind sight is always 20/20. Easy to look from the out side in. Different story when its happening to you personally. Praise GOD He sees the heart. And yes.. ALL of HIS word is TRUE!

Like the song.. for young girls.. but still applies here. "If you've done it and you wonder what to do.. go to Jesus He will make you brand new.". That does apply to EVERYTHING!

Interestingly, the somg you quoted was a belief in Elizabethian England that by a renwed commitment you could be re-virgin, that is spiritually.  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I think that divorce should be av last option but people take it for granted and dont even try and work things out most of the time. If they do they are not persistent in achieving success. It is easier to sustain a marriage then divorce and find someone new. The person would need to do everything all over again. I believe people should try to work on their marriage in different ways before divorcing.

Just for the record here. I was married for eleven years, my spouse was unfaithful, I forgave and desperately wanted to work things out, but she had another agenda for a life with an internet perpetrator. Yes, a perfect stranger, who fooled her into thinking he'd marry her. He had no plans for that whatsoever.

He had emotional problems of indescribable sorts, phobic and wouldn't leave the domicile due to his unfounded fear of being in the public, and my wife ended up working two jobs just to keep their heads above water. She was miserable for the remainder of her life. Stage IV cancer took her to Eternity. I hope she got her life right, because she lived the rest of in sin.

I never remarried, but by biblical standards could still have the chance at love again. I've not given up hope yet, recently proposing marriage to one of our sweet and wonderful residents, Patty. She and I are the same age. She did want to accept, but she has ALS and is not going to live. Well, that broke my heart finding out this, but we're still good and loving friends. God bless you, Patty. I will always love you! 

• Loved it! 1