IGNORED

What is Your IQ (Intelligence Quotient) ?

branchesofHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  25,123
  • Content Per Day:  5.81
  • Days Won:  162
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

On 7/10/2020 at 5:24 AM, branchesofHim said:

We live in a world that is dominated by the devil in reasoning. Scripture teaches this. So if your IQ is based on "worldly reason" then you obviously are spiritually ignorant. Correct?

Think about it please you who are theological knowledgeable. Even the devil quoted scripture to Jesus Christ the Lord in the wilderness account. Hello?

I think I get what you are saying, but you do have to be careful. It can come across as saying that you can't have a high IQ without being spiritually ignorant.  I feel you may need to elaborate or explain a bit more if that is not what you mean.

I think I know what you mean , because I come from an academic family but since my dad is a theologian and philosopher, this adds another twist to the story. I suspect that, while he knows the Bible very well, knows Hebrew and Greek and has assisted in translating the Bible into Afrikaans, He doesn't really know God very well. He is a sceptic and has has a very liberal outlook. I have come to avoid conversations about God in front of my family because my dad is also and expert at argumentation. It doen't help me telling him the truth he clearly doesn't want to hear. I am not sure what my parents' relationship with God is really like, though I am convinced they have faith and could be saved. 

On the other hand, I have found many highly intelligent and knowledgeable  people who are spiritually knowledgeable as well. 

But I admit I think intelligent people will have more problems with spirituality (just like rich people will have problems of another kind) because they are likely to question things a lot and might not easily accept things that do not make sense to them. And not all aspects of our faith can be logically reasoned out. They might make logic into and idol which can keep them from fully embracing scriptures that don't make sense to them. 

And then again, I think there is a lot of logic in Scripture and there is a lot that does make sense. 

I don't think learning or researching any particular subject is a problem unless you make an idol out of it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

I like to add hot sauce and fresh lime juice to v8.

Funny man, my wife and I used to buy them, we preferred the morning breakfast and the tropical flavours.

Edited by Heybro
spell check.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,071
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

KNOWLEDGE  --  IQ

ROMANS 10:2  for I bear them record that they have a zeal of  GOD  but not according to knowledge   --10:3--  for they being ignorant of  GODS  righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of  GOD

ROMANS 12:1  I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of  GOD  that you present your bodies a living sacrifice  holy  acceptable unto  GOD  which is your reasonable service   --12:2--  and be not conformed to  --THIS  WORLD-- but be you transformed --BY  THE  RENEWING  OF  YOUR  MIND-- that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of  GOD

1 CORINTHIANS 3:18  LET  NO  MAN  DECEIVE  HIMSELF  IF  ANY  MAN  AMONG  YOU  SEEMETH  TO  BE  WISE  IN  THIS  WORLD  LET  HIM  BECOME  A  FOOL  THAT  HE  MAY  BE  WISE 

COLOSSIANS 3:12  put on therefore as the elect of  GOD  holy and beloved bowels of mercies kindness --HUMBLENESS  OF  MIND--meekness longsuffering

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I recall having a Mathematics Professor, a brilliant Set Theorist, who denied being awarded a PhD on any thesis. It had to be the best. In discussing IQ's, he wrote an impressive paper showing the IQ of himself based upon how much shorter one leg was to the other. His IQ revealed he had a 67. He comically publicized that in order to illustrate that IQ's are worthless in describing who someone is. He saw himself as nothing even those his Mathematical originality would contradict that. I do not believe in IQ's.  Men's lives are stricken from them based upon someone else's view. Yet men will throw away God's view and find their own more worthy based upon the numbers some arbiters invented. This stuff makes a person undignified by his own peers. We wonder why there is bias and prejudice and labels against each other. IQ's could not describe the stigma with any more clarity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,342
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Interesting number.... 

also many years ago

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

What makes a true christian appear like a peculiar people is retained or restored innocence. That baffles the mind of the worldly wise.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

7 hours ago, Henry_iain said:

On the other hand, I have found many highly intelligent and knowledgeable  people who are spiritually knowledgeable as well. 

Indeed. Good point. Thank you and shalom.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.70
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/9/2020 at 8:24 PM, branchesofHim said:

We live in a world that is dominated by the devil in reasoning. Scripture teaches this. So if your IQ is based on "worldly reason" then you obviously are spiritually ignorant. Correct?

Think about it please you who are theological knowledgeable. Even the devil quoted scripture to Jesus Christ the Lord in the wilderness account. Hello?

Matthew 4:[1] Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
[2] And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
[3] And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
[4] But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
[5] Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
[6] And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
[7] Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
[8] Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
[9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
[10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
[11] Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Romans 8:[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[6] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[8] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
[11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
[15] For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
[16] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I don't know what my IQ is. Does it really matter?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Blessed be Jesus Christ the Lord of All!

Indeed the IQ does NOT matter. Thank you, missmuffet.  You get the post wholly. Shalom. :emot-highfive:

Edited by branchesofHim
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.40
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

It matters in the pursuit of certain avocations and it matters regarding an ability to apprehend new concepts and to synthesize information.

Having said that, an average intelligence is all that is required for the vast majority of what any of us are called on to do.

In the context of our common salvation, the Lord meets each of us where we are and supplies all that we need precisely and perfectly suited to our need.

If a person were to think about that last bit for a while and take it to heart, the realization that results, will shed new light on brothers and sisters making comparisons--one to the other.

• Thumbs Up 3