• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Is COVID-19 the fuffillment of Revelation 6:8 and 9:18? 

“When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.” (Revelation 6:7-8)

“By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed, by the fire and smoke and sulfur coming out of their mouths.” (Revelation 9:18)

Or is this just a foreshadowing of what is to come? 

No, Revelation 6:8 and 9:18 are still future. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

20 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

“When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.” (Revelation 6:7-8)

“By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed, by the fire and smoke and sulfur coming out of their mouths.” (Revelation 9:18)

I see it more as the medical witchcraft that is used by the wealthy elites to deceive the nations which is referred to in Revelation 18:23

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

21 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I see it more as the medical witchcraft that is used by the wealthy elites to deceive the nations which is referred to in Revelation 18:23

Interesting that you say that, “But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers (φάρμακος, ο, , pharmakos, from pharmakon [a drug], phármakos – properly, a sorcerer; used of people using drugs and "religious incantations" to drug people into living by their illusions – like having magical [supernatural] powers to manipulate God into giving them more temporal possessions) and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death” (Revelation 21:8).

4 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Neither. COVID-19 has no eschatological relevance whatsoever. A vaccine will eventually be found for it and everyone but those apprehensive about vaccines will be inoculated. Ops asserting COVID-19 as eschatological, especially those claiming it is evidence of a soon-occurring rapture or soon-occurring tribulation will be rendered false. Many prognosticators will claim the inoculations are evidence of a soon-occurring rapture or tribulation simply because that's what they do: sensationalize whatever the latest news cycle reports. There will be no accountability and no repentance. As a consequence the 100% fail rate will continue. 

And if and when I am proven wrong with the evidence rapture or the tribulation then I will gladly acknowledge that error and adjust my posts accordingly. Until then I recommend everyone pick up a copy of "Last Days Madness" by Gary Demar and read it. 

I stick to Scripture on eschatology, Tim Lehaye and many supposed  end days ‘experts’ have warped the end times passages and duped people with falsehoods. 

I am waiting to see if COVID is one of the plagues or a harbinger of the ones to come. 

46 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, Revelation 6:8 and 9:18 are still future. 

The end times has been happening since Christ died, “Otherwise, Christ would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.” (Hebrews 9:26) 

The end has already started since 33 A.D. We are closer to His Return than ever. 

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

Good. Start with the scripture that states the events described are near to the time when Revelation was written. Otherwise, scripture is not being stuck to.

It is not. There is nothing about the 21st century in either chapter mentioned in this op. 

That’s your view and you are welcome to it. My view differs. I believe much is being fufilled in the end of days Scriptures. Already the Mark of the Beast ia in prototype phase. Soon the Digerati will be moving more and more finances to digital, which makes it possible to control money and buying and selling with a mark or number of the name. A computer programmer back in early days of computers said “When you program a computer in binary code its 666: yes no yes no yes no.” Interestingly Jesus says, “All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.” (Matthew 5:47).

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

44 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

The end times has been happening since Christ died, “Otherwise, Christ would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But now He has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of Himself.” (Hebrews 9:26) 

The end has already started since 33 A.D. We are closer to His Return than ever. 

I do not support your theology. 

Edited by missmuffet

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I do not support your theology. 

There is certainly much that hasn’t happened in Revelation, Matthew 24, and etc. But there are parts of the End happening now. The Mark of Beast is in prototype form. Money is getting digitized so that it can be controlled by one entity (Revelation 13:17). 

I believe Christ is coming again soon. 

Only two markers must be fufilled to assure us its niegh: 

“Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,
not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the Great Apostasy (Falling Away fron the Faith) comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction..”- 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3). 

There has to be Great Apostasy and Rise of Man of Sin. Then we definstivrly know we are at the end of ends. 

Now 70% of next generation has no religion. Could that be the Great Apostasy? However, Iran is having s huge rivival, 1 Million saved at least. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Josheb said:

No, that is what the scripture actually states

And we were discussing Revelation, not Matthew. You yourself just stated in the previous post "I stick to Scripture on eschatology..." but here you are apealing to computers and man-made binary codes as if that is something the first century author intended or the first century reader understood. With all respect, Fidel, you have not stuck to scripture! Thta is not my "view;" it is a fact of the post that of objectively observable no matter to what eschatology we subscribe. So either stick to scripture or don't but if you're gonna stick to scripture then stick to scripture. 

If you don't then I will point out the inconsistency and then I'll be scapegoated with ad hominem, straw men and other fallacious responses. 

Just stick to scripture. 

The opening of Revelation plainly states the things described in the vision were near or at hand. When you appeal to "666" that is symbolism. We do not render the literal by the symbolic, we render the symbolic by the literal. Or at least that's the way it's supposed to be done if we are going to have integrity with the rule "stick to Scripture on eschatology." Your stated measure. I'm just asking for consistency. 

COVID-19 is not eschatologically relevant and IF we stick to scripture we IUknowIU that because of the opening and closing qualifiers stated in the book of Revelation, which if we stick to scripture is very clear and plainly stated. 

John the Apostle saw the future, just as Daniel the Prophet saw the future. So John saying its 666, in our time could be the computer and its network once The Beast takes it over. It says “Let the person with insight calculate the number of the Beast.” (Revelation 13:18) 

Example, John sees a tank and describes it with his time period’s imagery: “The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur.” (Revelation 9:17). 

Breatsplates being blue would be winter tanks that are greyish blue and yellow is desert colored tanks. Red was used by Russia in military games: 

7F87E2E4-A7C1-45FD-8449-744B7AAC3C6B.png

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

23 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

They probably thought this as well in 1918. Then before that when the Black Death in 1346. I also heard this back in the 80's when Aids was discovered.   I just live my life for Jesus the best I can not worry about signs of the end. 

• Thumbs Up 2