Mantis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I believe this is the beginning of the falling away mentioned in 2 thes 2:1-3. I don’t think we will ever be able to worship and gather like we once did. Jesus will come soon.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

good perspective here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

I believe this is the beginning of the falling away mentioned in 2 thes 2:1-3. I don’t think we will ever be able to worship and gather like we once did. Jesus will come soon.

It feels like we are in the final days. We are getting a taste of what this earth will experience during the 7 year tribulation. Although the 7 year tribulation is still future and the 7 year tribulation will be much worse. What we are going through is really nothing. Our world has experienced the falling away for a long time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Falling away speaks abt Hipocrisy when christians step into churches as hypocrites parroting verses.??????????

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hmm... could be but.. that word can also mean "departure" which also goes inline with what was being written before this verse :) .. you know the caught up.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

I wholeheartedly agree: 

“Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the Great Apostasy (falling away) comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction”- (2 Thessalonians 2:3)

70% of the new generation is Nones (no religion) 

Europe: Germany, UK, and other countries are becoming predominately Muslim and None. 

Hinduism has gained a foothold in people via Yoga. 

Neo-Paganism is returning. 

Mexicans are  converting to Islam. 

——————

Counter Argument: 

Iran is having a major revival. 

California is having a revival. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I could see this being a precursor. I've run into a lot of so-called "progressive" Christians over the past year or so and what they believe is a far cry from Christianity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 7/26/2020 at 1:34 AM, AnOrangeCat said:

I could see this being a precursor. I've run into a lot of so-called "progressive" Christians over the past year or so and what they believe is a far cry from Christianity.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think most of these people don’t read the Bible. They just let their preacher “teach” them.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 7/25/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mantis said:

The falling away was a 1st century event, per the gospel accounts of the Olivet discourse.  Notice, how according to Luke's account, the Lord specifically tells the disciples they will personally experience this.

Luke 21:10 Then he said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

Notice how Luke opens, and notice the last sentence, because the terrors and signs from heaven are related  to the events of Revelation.

Luke 21:12 But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name's sake. 13 This will be your opportunity to bear witness. 14 Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand how to answer, 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict. 16 You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and some of you they will put to death. 17 You will be hated by all for my name's sake. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 By your endurance you will gain your lives.

Now if you prefer reading Matthew's account of the Olivet discourse, you still must apply the truth known from Luke's account and apply it appropriately.  So this is how it should be viewed properly.

Matthew 24: 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

BUT BEFORE ALL THIS

Matthew 24:9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 7/25/2020 at 5:45 PM, Mantis said:

The great apostasy started a loooong time ago!  Then the man of sin was revealed (the Pope - Pontifex Maximus) who had been being restrained by the existence of the Roman Empire.

• Thumbs Up 2