• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Ok and thanks... I guess you mean a history lesson about folks in the 3rd kingdom- an AE or the Ptolemy rulers as opposed to speaking about those in the 4th kingdom?

Just wanted to be sure, Charlie 

Correct. You can do the entire chapter...even better. Give me your commentary brother....it’s free too, right?  Lol

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, Spock said:

Like you wingnut, I’ve been reevaluating Daniel 9 again. 
what has caused me to re-evaluate this passage is this....most of the commentators hit the pause button when either Jesus was baptized or when Jesus was crucified and of course the former leave out his 3.5 years of ministry and the latter may have their timeline incorrect if they follow Bishop Ussher’s calcualtions. He uses 445 BC as the starting point, but 457 BC may be the correct one. 

Yes, and as I said to charlie when I read chapter 9 I see it exactly as he does, the problem arises when one arrives at chapter 11.  The other issue that I see which we haven't gotten to yet, is what significant event took place 3.5 years after the crucifixion?  Because if the week is continuous, which according to chapter 12 of Daniel following the AoD there is a specific number of days set forth.  Something had to occur at this point for the whole thing to come together, and chapter 12 makes it impossible for there to be a break in the middle of the week.

As far as the calculations, to me that is not all that significant because we know He came, so that period of time was fulfilled one way or the other.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, by the way, and regarding 11:5 to 11:35....

Without going into too much detail of 11, and certainly prior to my response to wing nut (which will definitely be tomorrow), I would respectfully ask you to consider the following items that have supported my interpretation of 11 in a “spiritual” versus “historical” approach:

I firmly believe that God specifically and intentionally selected the following words / phrases and terms in 11 to assist us in identifying or revealing His true prophetic message to us:

1) daughter of the king of the south, 

2) daughter of women,

3) shoot of her roots, 

4) establish the vision,

5) eat a portion of his meat,

6) he will have great dominion,

7) end of years they shall join themselves together ( and the Word became flesh),

8) he shall bring into captivity,

9) KOS shall be moved with Choler,

10) he shall do that which his fathers’ father’s have not done (mentioned in two separate verses), 

11) and certainly more...

Hint: do you really believe God has chosen these “biblical or scriptural” type words or terms to speak about some relatively unimportant characters like AE or the Ptolemy rulers?

After many months and tremendous frustration I had to step back about 60,000 feet and start to look at 11 from His viewpoint (as much as He would allow), and NOT from a 6 foot level (man’s level or purely historical level), and then I saw this “special” and specific words—- I came away convinced He was not using these words to discuss AE or a Ptolemy ruler.  So that is when I went back to 11:5 and began a “spiritual” approach—- and for me, OT totally makes sense and it works!

Thank you, Charlie 

Spock, of course it is free... but you only get what you paid for :blink:, Charlie 

• Haha 1

wing nut, if you do not mind, I will try and respond to your latest message re: the comment about the 3.5 years .... approximately 20 minutes ago?

but in the meantime, should you or Spock have any thoughts on my latest two responses, I would absolutely love to learn of them...

thank you both very much, Charlie 

8 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Without going into too much detail of 11, and certainly prior to my response to wing nut (which will definitely be tomorrow), I would respectfully ask you to consider the following items that have supported my interpretation of 11 in a “spiritual” versus “historical” approach:

You can lay the whole thing out, I am interested in the whole thing, so no need to make a special post for my sake.

Thank you for the prompt response... also, and if you do not mind——

would you be willing to give me a little of your background?

Are you a professor or teacher, etc., in religion or theology?

Are you a professional writer on the Scriptures or religious matters, etc.?

I would appreciate any response, Charlie 

6 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

wing nut, if you do not mind, I will try and respond to your latest message re: the comment about the 3.5 years .... approximately 20 minutes ago?

but in the meantime, should you or Spock have any thoughts on my latest two responses, I would absolutely love to learn of them...

thank you both very much, Charlie 

The first thing that comes to my mind in regards to this would be Ezekiel 23, Oholah and Oholibah, the two women associated with the northern and southern kingdoms of Israel.  The second thing that comes to my mind are the two women in Zechariah 5 that carry the basket to Shinar.

Are you speaking about the daughter of the KOS and the daughter of women in 11?

Charlie

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

FYI, I have no formal religious training or education. 

Back in the 80s, I applied to go to Cemetery, errrrr, I mean, Seminary, was accepted, but subsequently dropped those plans. I did not appreciate the questionnaire the school was asking my wife to fill out (Dallas Theological Cemetery.)