Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Spock, I wanted to ask you the same question I asked wing nut.... would you mind providing some of your background re: your theological/ religious background? 

Are you a teacher or writer, etc.? Thank you, Charlie 

I may have messed up—- getting late! 

I think I already asked you and I should have directed the same question to wing nut....

wing nut... would you mind?

Charlie

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you for the prompt response... also, and if you do not mind——

would you be willing to give me a little of your background?

I don't mind, but I am a very private individual so there may be some things I won't answer for anonymity's sake.

9 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Are you a professor or teacher, etc., in religion or theology?

I studied at Liberty and got a degree in eschatology back in the early 90's.  It is a bit ironic that my position doesn't even slightly resemble what I believed at that time, and if I were to attend those classes today it would be difficult to pass because I reject the eschatology they push.

12 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Are you a professional writer on the Scriptures or religious matters, etc.?

Journalism was my major in secular university, so I am a professional writer, but not focused on religion or theology with my writing.  However, since I was a child I have been drawn to biblical prophecy, particularly the book of Revelation.  I have a fairly good grasp on the sequence of events, the when of things is unclear as far as what remains future, so I am always looking for those missing pieces.

• This is Worthy 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Are you speaking about the daughter of the KOS and the daughter of women in 11?

Charlie

Yes, I am thinking based on your comments about the Old Testament that passages mostly overlooked such as these may have come to your attention as they have mine.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I finally have had a chance to go back over this thread a bit more.....Charlie, did you answer Sonshine’s objection to your Daniel 9:27 interpretation?  

just to recap, he said based on Matt 24 and mark 13, the abomination of desolation Jesus referenced has to be about the Antichrist, and not about Him?  If you answered this objection, what did you say?  In other words, how do you interpret those verses in the gospels as to what Jesus meant? Thanks. This will help me better understand 9:27. (I need to get clarity on 9:25-27 before I move to chapter 11.) 

It’s getting late here on the east coast and I may not last much longer. 

wing nut, regarding your response to your background..... first, very impressive and I envy your degree AND your ability in mastering / command of the English language!!!!

I do not possess either!!!!!!!    

My strength has been in problem solving and having a excellent ability to see the big picture AND the underlying details within corporate financial management.

I am far from land in this area / arena!

Anyway, WITHOUT offending you in any way, my initial reaction re: your excellent background and abilities, and of course, you must have wonderful connections within the publication industry, is whether I might be giving too much of my interpretations re: Daniel given my desire or intention to hopefully offer all new interpretations to the public...

once again, I am a fish out of water in this environment!

Look forward to your response, Charlie 

Spock, I have responded to SONshine’s concern re: the AoD and specifically just who is “he” in 9:27...

I will get back to you tomorrow, have a good night, Charlie 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Charlie,

tnis is my last post for the night....eyes are getting heavy.....you asked me about chapter 11, and I said I’ve pretty much accepted the chapter as being basically good history from Alexander’s 4 generals, mostly regarding Seleucid and Ptolemy. 

now don’t forget, Daniel was writing in the 500s BC, yet much of this was taking place hundreds of years after Daniel penned his book.  So while we are calling this good history, it still is PROPHETIC in that what took place was accurately fulfilled hundred of years later. That by itself is pretty amazing, don’t you think? 

all that to say this....I wouldn’t look down upon or downplay the significance of what may be the value of this chapter....fulfilled prophecy to the T. With lots of details being affirmed.  I’m not saying you are doing this Charlie, but sometimes people want to see end times in everything....well, maybe not everything is meant for endtimes.  Just unloading this thought I had after reading much of this thread. 

okay, I’m exhausted. Good night all...especially Charlie. Thanks for this great discussion. We will pick it back up tomorrow.

later alligators,

spock

13 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Anyway, WITHOUT offending you in any way, my initial reaction re: your excellent background and abilities, and of course, you must have wonderful connections within the publication industry, is whether I might be giving too much of my interpretations re: Daniel given my desire or intention to hopefully offer all new interpretations to the public...

Finding a publisher is much more difficult than writing, that's for sure.  And, given that what you are presenting may ruffle some feathers you could possibly run into extra resistance depending on who you make contact with.  I would think your best bet is to find a publisher that is familiar with the Christian book genre, but regardless use caution.  Keep records of conversations and such, don't just hand over all your material to someone without a written agreement in place.  It is not uncommon for publishers to take material and then pass it off to someone else that takes the credit.  Show them enough to get their interest, then settle on a contract, if you know a lawyer that can assist you with negotiating and serve as witness to what takes place that isn't a bad idea.

Spock, re: your final response last evening...

you are correct- people will see what they want to see or what they think they should see!

My original goal was to read as much as possible from the true scholars and commentators on Daniel since I knew absolutely NOTHING!

When I recognized significant holes in their interpretations or unusual patterns, I wrote them down.

Bottom line- I decided to apply the same principle that I had learned a few years ago: If there was found an error in the Scriptures, regardless of the book, then one should not trust ANY of the Scriptures. So, if scholars and very talented theologians have incomplete incomplete interpretations and / or holes in their “story”, that told me that they do not have the right interpretations (doesn’t mean that some or much is incorrect, but I have found going through 11, they are completely off... again, there is absolutely NOTHING in there 11 that makes sense unless you are willing to accept they speak about the actors in the 3rd kingdom AND there are more than a few verses that even they fail to address and they ignore.

That is what frustrated me... I tried to follow their lead but I was not willing to drink their “juice” if they were not able to address / match up ALL the verses to our available history records!

I started looking at them as talented historians who focused / majored on the Greek and Roman periods and minored in Daniel. 

This book requires a major focus on God and all the prophecy’s and writings before Daniel. He has given us all the history we need- He spoon fed us with Nebuchadnezzar, Persia, and a limited Greece- He did not make it a difficult puzzle for us... He was just feeding us “milk” that we could easily see and we were familiar with the taste (our own history). 

But in the 4th kingdom, He is feeding us “meat”, but we don’t know what to do with it! We are still expecting it to look and taste like milk. And please take note: it is NO accident that He specifically used the term “meat”in 11:26!

Now back to your comment re: that the prophecies by Daniel actually took place some 500 years in the future... well they did!!! But that is exactly my point- the historians matched our history to Daniel’s verses (the tail wagged the dog). Because so many rightfully confirmed the actual events re: AE and Ptolemy rulers AND they took place at the time of His he end of the 3rd kingdom, it seemed that all the stars lined up. But, as mentioned above, I read more than a few papers available on the net (while I was studying for 11), where these highly educated folks would compare their match ups to those same verses and idenfied those “holes and events that could not possibly be connected to either AE or some actors in the Ptolemy rulers.

Consequently, I went back to square 1 and tried to interpret 11 from a spiritual approach- and since I knew these verses MUST include the beast, the 10 horns, the little horn, the 3 plucked up AND I knew about the crucifixion, the hi-jacking of the new covenant church by the gentiles (lead by the little horn), and I knew of the corruption of His Word by the little horn, I had a decent amount of puzzle pieces that would fit somewhere in this puzzle. 

But it still was and is such a difficult puzzle (seems like a 10,000 piece puzzle). 

Hope this makes sense for you very reasonable concern re: those actual historical events and why we might not want to apply them to Daniel 11 - they were / are real, they just don’t belong in Daniel’s prophecy. 

Best wishes, Charlie