Charlie744

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

JoeCanada, thanks for your thoughts... you mentioned you wrote a piece on Daniel 2, the 4th kingdom- where can I see it? Thank you, Charlie 

JoeCanada, I am having some problems here! Did they just change the appearance and function of this site? This morning it is quite different and I seem to be a little confused.. I saw you just responded but can not locate anything you sent... Charlie 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,250
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

JoeCanada, I am having some problems here! Did they just change the appearance and function of this site? This morning it is quite different and I seem to be a little confused.. I saw you just responded but can not locate anything you sent... Charlie 

Ok...so I'm not the only one.... 

Yes. Seems everything has changed. There might be a few bugs to work out.

Thank you Joe! I believe this does have its issues... I can not seem to access the “message” folder also... What is “OP” in your previous message? Charlie 

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

JoeCanada, thanks for your thoughts... you mentioned you wrote a piece on Daniel 2, the 4th kingdom- where can I see it? Thank you, Charlie 

Charlie....look in "Prophecy"...... It's "Daniel 2 and the dream of the statue"

3 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you Joe! I believe this does have its issues... I can not seem to access the “message” folder also... What is “OP” in your previous message? Charlie 

Have you looked at the top right....there is a bell, same as before. This is your notifications. Envelope is your messages

Edited by JoeCanada

Thank you Joe! I have your post on Daniel... will read soon!

Unfortunately, I no longer have a bell ? to select....

Thanks for the help, Charlie 

Joe, just went to the very bottom of the page and changed the “theme” to the default selection . I can now access the bell... it is not in the other selection, Charlie 

1 minute ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you Joe! I have your post on Daniel... will read soon!

Unfortunately, I no longer have a bell ? to select....

Thanks for the help, Charlie 

1 minute ago, Charlie744 said:

Joe, just went to the very bottom of the page and changed the “theme” to the default selection . I can now access the bell... it is not in the other selection, Charlie 

Ok, great. 

The "OP" I think it stands for "original post",,,,,at least that's what I use it for. I could be wrong. Been wrong before. Be wrong again. LOL

Joe, again, thanks for your help! I went to your post “Daniel 2, the 4th kingdom” and read all the responses over the 5 pages. Quite a different number of interpretations and no shortage of energy!

There are so many interesting comments and, unfortunately, my opinion will only add to the list of different interpretations. 

This is exactly what I mentioned before; I believe it is critical to interpret Daniel BEFORE we open Revelation. Because Daniel is SO complicated (and to be candid, I sincerely believe God has intentionally sealed its true meaning until the end times), we are simply “playing around”, if you will, trying to unpack Daniel BY ACCESSING REVELATION. It certainly allows us to try and put these two books together but that just can not happen (my opinion only). I do believe we are near the end times AND God is beginning to reveal or unseal the last few chapters of Daniel, and only then will be be able to take Daniel forward to interpret Revelation. 

We must open Daniel first to get the “key” to open the book of Revelation. 

When I first started studying Daniel last year I began reading all the interpretations and opinions that are available to us all. I thought this would be a relatively easy exercise since so many scholarly people have dedicated so much time and talent unpacking Daniel during the past 2,000 years... all I had to do was read and study THEIR work product?, however, that proved to be a tremendous mistake! Essentially, if all of these scholarly interpretations were that far apart, then I realized that NO ONE had the correct interpretation (certainly parts were in agreement, but the most important parts of Daniel- those that were NOT supported by our history books, like chapters 9 to 12), and these needed to be interpreted before I could move to Revelation. 

What I found is there are approximately 11 or so very specific issues or items in Daniel that MUST be understood BEFORE we complete Daniel, since these are the issues that cause all the different interpretations and FORCE us to look to Revelation to resolve:

1) 2,300 days,

2) Times, Times, Times and 1/2 Times,

3) who is “he” in 9:27,

4) 4th kingdom, 

5) beast,

6) 10 horns,

7) little horn, 

8) 3 plucked up,

9) ALL of chapter 11,

10) 1,290 days, 

11) 1,335 days.

ALL of these have been interpreted by scholars in different ways, and until these are identified we can not talk Revelation... we are or will be guessing at BOTH books. 

In my findings, the book of Daniel moves from chapter 1 to chapter 12 in a specific manner which is not considered in ANY of those scholarly interpretations; it moves from a purely historical interpretation or reading to a purely spiritual interpretation. Some chapters, certainly beginning with 7 show both approaches- we can easily identify the first 3 kingdoms AND their symbols and related characteristics. But when there is a “transition” to a more needed spiritual approach, we fail to recognize it and we continue to rely on what we know and have comfort in- we try to find these verses in our history books. But as we move forward to the later chapters AND move down to the next kingdom of the beast (4th kingdom), we need to throw away those history books (for the most part), and look to the Scriptures to interpret these difficult 11 issues. This was absolutely impossible for me to unpack UNTIL I changed my focus from attempting to understand them from a secular approach to one which attempts to identify how each of them speak about the Messiah- not some secular ruler like An Antiochus or the like.... 

Perhaps a decent example might be the 2,300 days. Everyone attempts to interpret this in a secular manner, when it speaks of the Messiah.. 

Bottom line - as we move forward to the later chapters of Daniel, don’t you think we should expect God to be revealing the most important events in man’s history; the coming of the Messiah and what will happen after His crucifixion?

The early chapters of Daniel is where God is feeding us milk... easy to digest. The later chapters are His meat AND where we should find Him only- Daniel is a prophetic book about the Messiah and His Plan of Salvation for the next 2,000 years.

So, rather than me offering another interpretation to add to the many (which I may add will come with ALL the supporting bible verses - all packaged nice and neat), I thought I would try and offer an “approach” that would generate a very different interpretation(s) for the 11 issues mentioned above that just might reveal or unseal much of Daniel. 

Look forward to hearing from anyone / everyone, Charlie