IGNORED

Who is driving the sin and evil in this world?

leah777

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

Who is driving the sin and evil in this world if not satan? So much evil, including against Christians. Is Satan still affecting this world of ours?

Is something I wonder about and is. I think, important.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

Sin had its beginning with Lucifer. Through Adam, the inclination to sin entered the human race. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, leah777 said:

Who is driving the sin and evil in this world if not satan? So much evil, including against Christians. Is Satan still affecting this world of ours?

When you see the devil meeting The Christ in his tempting of God The Son you see his ownership of the earth 

Eph 2:2

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
KJV

However this ownership will be taken away at the Millennial kingdom... 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, leah777 said:

Well, you do have Satan, but also a very large number of fallen angels going around spreading evil to humans that don't seem to know any better than to follow their ideas.  So it's really a consortium of both dark angels and people following them.    We are told to be nice to people because we never know when we may be interfacing with angels.  Well it's my understanding and experience that a good number of those angels are on the dark side of most issues. Revelation speaks of there being more than a hundred million angels, so if a third of them went with Lucifer/Satan that would mean that there are at least30 million of them scattered out somewhere.  They all work to corrupt humans and a lot of humans fall into their ideas. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

5 hours ago, leah777 said:

I often ponder the surroundings as they were both before the garden of Eden and in the garden before the fall of Adam and Eve.

We know 1/3 of the angelic host rebelled against Satan before Eden came into existence. There was a war in heaven. 1/3 of the angels were cast to the earth. They might have had prior abilities to go anywhere in the universe. After they were kicked from heaven they were confined to earth. The bible tells is Satan is the "prince and power of the air". This would be the atmospheric heavens or air around earth.

On this very same earth God chose to make a garden which was exclusive to the rest of the planet in many ways. In this garden He chose to locate man. God chose to locate Himself in this garden and He intended the man to coexist with. When I think of this it is simply amazing to think what that must have been like!

YET....YES YET, sin and evil rebellion existed on the earth. Not only that. One of the beings cast down was somehow either allowed into the garden or he went into the garden illegally.

I can't say why or how such evil was allowed in such close proximity to the garden and man. It could be said man was being tested. Nowhere in the Bible does it say God decided to test man in the garden unless we see the tree of Life as a test. If the evil had not existed, would man still have sinned?

I see this trend continuing right up until the present day. The old serpent is still here with his followers. The Bible tells us Satan is the god of this world which brings a dilemma up for me.....his proximity to men and his operations in men's affairs are allowed to happen for whatever reason?

The minority 1/3 is evil rebellious and hell bound, men were caught up into it by the serpent. They will fight till the bloody end. They have already lost. The only gains they can claim are those souls they take along with them. These are the forces we reckon with presently.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04

7 hours ago, leah777 said:

The Devil tempted human but who did sin ?

13 hours ago, Starise said:

The Bible tells us Satan is the god of this world which brings a dilemma up for me.....his proximity to men and his operations in men's affairs are allowed to happen for whatever reason?

Perhaps to allow free will? Without evil we cannot choose god? I dont know, but that is how I make sense of abuse, for example. God has to let evil people exercise their free will.

And yes, I speak of the present day presence of satan and fallen angels in this thread. Perhaps I should edit my first post.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, other one said:

Well, you do have Satan, but also a very large number of fallen angels going around spreading evil to humans that don't seem to know any better than to follow their ideas.  So it's really a consortium of both dark angels and people following them.    We are told to be nice to people because we never know when we may be interfacing with angels.  Well it's my understanding and experience that a good number of those angels are on the dark side of most issues. Revelation speaks of there being more than a hundred million angels, so if a third of them went with Lucifer/Satan that would mean that there are at least30 million of them scattered out somewhere.  They all work to corrupt humans and a lot of humans fall into their ideas. 

Yes, is good to recognise and be aware of the real forces of evil around today. My confusion is that some seem to think the satan was vanquished in Bible times, and is not a force still today on Earth.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

All sin is fomented in the heart of a person, and is perpetrated by people

All satan can do is tempt. If his word find fertile ground, they will grow and bear the fruit of sin

Example

Temptation: That woman is really gorgeous

Man; Yeah...but wait I am married I can't go there

Temptation: Meh Married, all your wife does is complain about you

Man : well

Temptation: She doesn't understand you

Man: uh-huh

Temptation: she doesn't love you.

Man: what?

Temptation: If she really loved you, she wouldn't be on your case all the time

Man: I guess

Temptation: You deserve to be loved

Man: Yeah!

Temptation: Well there she is

Man:

Will he chase away those thoughts, or will satan mark one more notch on the gates of hell and destroy a family.

It is His temptation but our choice

2nd Corinthians 10:. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Edited by Riverwalker

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  10

Lies, hypocrisy, bigotry, racism, class warfare, strife, contention, covetousness, discontentment. Thats the world.

Edited by Whyme