• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, eileenhat said:

General?

Meaning everyone through a given time frame of history.

Quasar93

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/8/2016 at 10:14 PM, Quasar93 said:

If I have posted something that makes no sense to you, then by all means spell out sp0ecifically what it is and I will be more than happy to make sense of it for you.

Greetings Quasar93

There are two primary texts that indicate there will be a rapture.  The first is 1 Cor. 15,

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The second is 1 Thes 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Bothe of these passages in context and in the greater context are linking the event of the resurrection as preceeding the rapture.  You seem to be saying that they are not linked.

• Group:  Senior Member

36 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Greetings Quasar93

There are two primary texts that indicate there will be a rapture.  The first is 1 Cor. 15,

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The second is 1 Thes 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Bothe of these passages in context and in the greater context are linking the event of the resurrection as preceeding the rapture.  You seem to be saying that they are not linked.

You labor under false pretenses.  The views I posted providing Scriptural proof for the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church are in the second and third posts of page 41.  I did not mention 1 Cor.15:52-54 because it was neither necessary nor is it primarily connected to the rapture, but rather, to the resurrection, Paul was teaching in 1 Cor.15.

Though many expositors believe 1 Thes.4:16 represents a resurrection of the dead in Christ, I do not, for the following reasons:  Beginning with the advent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, every believer who has died in Christ, has done so, each in his own turn,, the firstfruits of every generation since then, to the present day, as recorded in 1 Cor.15:23.  When and as the each die, Jesus raises them to heaven with Him, in glorified, immortal bodies, as recorded in 2 Cor.5:6-8, confirming Ecc.12:7, in the same way all those left on earth alive at Jesus coming, in verse 15, will be translated in verses 16-17.  Jesus will bring all those who previously died in Him, from heaven, when He returns, in verse 14.  They will all meet together in the sky according to verse 17.

In the second place, the rapture of the Church will take place seven years before the resurrection of the tribulation martyrs/saints, in Rev.20:4, Jesus informed John, will be the FIRST one.

What Paul meant, IMO, when he wrote in 1 Thess.4:16, 'The dead in Christ will rise first," was the fourth, of his assurances to the Thessalonians, those of theirs who had previously died in Christ, will not miss the rapture of the Church he had been teaching them about, as recorded in verses 13, 14 and 15, as well as the one in verse 16.  He did not document it as a resurrection, and it would be in direct conflict with Jesus calling the one in Rev.20:4, seven years later , the FIRST one, if he did.

The fact of the matter is, even if a resurrection was intended, in 1 Thess.4:16, it wouldn't make one bit of difference to that which I have enunciated, in the final prophetic fulfillment of the issue.

Quasar93 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Care to explain how those passages are linked to a specifically pre-trib rapture, and not some other timing?

25 minutes ago, Quasar93 said:

You labor under false pretenses.  The views I posted providing Scriptural proof for the coming pre-trib rapture of the Church are in the second and third posts of page 41.  I did not mention 1 Cor.15:52-54 because it was neither necessary nor is it primarily connected to the rapture, but rather, to the resurrection, Paul was teaching in 1 Cor.15.

Though many expositors believe 1 Thes.4:16 represents a resurrection of the dead in Christ, I do not, for the following reasons:  Beginning with the advent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, every believer who has died in Christ, has done so, each in his own turn,, the firstfruits of every generation since then, to the present day, as recorded in 1 Cor.15:23.  When and as the each die, Jesus raises them to heaven with Him, in glorified, immortal bodies, as recorded in 2 Cor.5:6-8, confirming Ecc.12:7, in the same way all those left on earth alive at Jesus coming, in verse 15, will be translated in verses 16-17.  Jesus will bring all those who previously died in Him, from heaven, when He returns, in verse 14.  They will all meet together in the sky according to verse 17.

In the second place, the rapture of the Church will take place seven years before the resurrection of the tribulation martyrs/saints, in Rev.20:4, Jesus informed John, will be the FIRST one.

What Paul meant, IMO, when he wrote in 1 Thess.4:16, 'The dead in Christ will rise first," was the fourth, of his assurances to the Thessalonians, those of theirs who had previously died in Christ, will not miss the rapture of the Church he had been teaching them about, as recorded in verses 13, 14 and 15, as well as the one in verse 16.  He did not document it as a resurrection, and it would be in direct conflict with Jesus calling the one in Rev.20:4, seven years later , the FIRST one, if he did.

The fact of the matter is, even if a resurrection was intended, in 1 Thess.4:16, it wouldn't make one bit of difference to that which I have enunciated, in the final prophetic fulfillment of the issue.

Quasar93 

Dear Quasar 93

The difference would be that you do not add to the text something that is not there.  Both of the resurrection passages are clear that this happens at the last trumpet.  I place that at the end or the tribulation with the second resurrection.  Rev. 20 again

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The purpose of the rapture is not to help us avoid wrath.  The purpose of the rapture is to take us to the new heaven and the new earth.  We do not come back.  The "so" in so shall we ever be with the Lord indicates no return.  God will have no trouble in separating the tares from the wheat.  Revelation 14: 

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

The words of Jesus from Matthew 13: 

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.  (notice the tares are taken out first)

If it were that the wheat was taken out first as the pre tribulation rapture suggests that would deny the scripture or at least explain it away.  

Yes one of us is surly laboring under false pretense.

58 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Care to explain how those passages are linked to a specifically pre-trib rapture, and not some other timing?

Greetings Omegaman 3.0

You might ask  Quasar that question.  I do not link these to a pre tribulation rapture.  I consider his position as a pre resurrection rapture.  I believe that the resurrection must take place before the rapture.  We will not proceed them.  1 Thes 4:15

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well okay, sorry for misunderstanding, but I think the Bible seems to indicate, that such resurrection is after the tribulation, which would rule out a pre-tribulation rapture.

10 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Dear Quasar 93

The difference would be that you do not add to the text something that is not there.  Both of the resurrection passages are clear that this happens at the last trumpet.  I place that at the end or the tribulation with the second resurrection.  Rev. 20 again

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The purpose of the rapture is not to help us avoid wrath.  The purpose of the rapture is to take us to the new heaven and the new earth.  We do not come back.  The "so" in so shall we ever be with the Lord indicates no return.  God will have no trouble in separating the tares from the wheat.  Revelation 14: 

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

The words of Jesus from Matthew 13: 

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

35 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.  (notice the tares are taken out first)

If it were that the wheat was taken out first as the pre tribulation rapture suggests that would deny the scripture or at least explain it away.  

Yes one of us is surly laboring under false pretense.

What I wrote in my post you quoted has precise exegesis that Scripturally supports the events the subject text is describing.  If I understand you correctly, you claim the first resurrection is concurrent with the second one, said to be 1,000 years later.  Review the following Scriptural facts:

The Thousand Years

1And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. Theya had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

The Judgment of Satan

7When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Judgment of the Dead  [This is the second resurrection, 1,000 years after the first one in Rev.20:4].

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

It may interest you to know, I earned my qualifications to teach the Bible from Dr. Harold Wilmington, Dean at Liberty University; the late Dr. John Walvoord, former President of Dallas Theological Seminary, and Dr. Dwight Pentecost, Dean at Dallas Theological Seminary.  And where, may I ask, did you obtain your qualifications to teach the Bible?

Review the next post for the chronological order of end times events.

Quasar93

Edited by Quasar93

The prophetic chronological order of end times events as outlined in the Bible are as follows:

1. The very next prophetic event to take place will be the rapture of the Church, consisting of everyone who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord, regardless of denomination, or no denomination at all, as taught by both Jesus as well as the apostle Paul. In Jn.14:2-4, 28; 1 Thes.4:13-18; 2 Thes.2:1-8; Rev.3:10 and 4:1-2. All those who died in Christ, to all those who are still alive at His coming in the clouds of the sky, for His Church, where we will all meet Jesus, from where He will take us to our Father in heaven, as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28.

2. The rapture of the Christian Church of Jesus Christ preceeds the revealing of the man of lawlessness/beast/antichrist, according to 2 Thes.2:3-4 and 7-8. Which then immediately sets off the seven years of tribulation, as recorded in Mt.24:4-31, Jesus amplification of Dan.9:27. Where the person who is all three of the "he's" in that verse, and the rider of the white horse in Rev.6:2, is revealed.  All of whom are the antichrist. It is at this stage of end times chronology the 70th Week of Dan.9:27 will begin.

3. The tribulation is revealed in Jer.30:4-7, referred to as "Jacob's Trouble," and in Dan.9:27, the 70th and final week of God's decree upon the destiny of Israel. In God's revelation to the prophet Daniel, through the angel Gabriel, the 70 "Weeks" [7 years each] of years He has decreed upon the entire destiny of Israel.  From the end of their 70 year exile, through the coming seven year tribulation.  The person who will set it of is the antichrist, the "he" who will establish a seven year covenant/agreement with them. Dan.9:27.

Jesus amplified and confirmed Daniel's 70th and final "Week," consisting of the abomination that causes desolation, in Mt.24:15 and 21, and in the counterparts of Mk.13 and in Lk.21.

4. The fig trees have sprouted leaves, we can see for ourselves and know that summer is near. Lk.21:29. Which began with the new nation of Israel, when it was reestablished on May 14, 1948.

5. The Christian Church of Jesus Christ is called up into heaven, symbolically illustrated by the apostle John in Rev.4:1-2, confirming 2 Thes.2:3 and 7-8.  As prophecied in Jn.14:2-4, 28 and 1 Thes.4:16-17, while Israel and all non-believers will go through the seven year tribulation. The Church is seen again at their marriage of the Lamb [Jesus Christ] to His Bride [The Church] in heaven, recorded in Rev.19:7-9, while the tribulation is taking place on earth.

6. Jesus will return, seven ears later, with His Church, following Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, which stands for the righteous acts of the saints [Verse 8 NIV]. In His Second Coming to the earth, with His angels, in His armies from heaven, in Zech.14:4-5, Mt.24:31, Jude 14, and Rev.19:14.

7. Jesus will fight  the battle of Armageddon, with His armies from heaven and end it, recorded in Rev.19:11-21.  And save the remnant of Israel, who then recognize Him as their Messiah, recorded in  Zech.12:10, and "all Israel will be saved," recorded in Rom.11:26...

8. The antichrist and the false prophet will be thrown into the lake of fire, and the armies of the ten horns [nations] are destroyed. Rev19:17-21. Jesus prophecy in Jn.10:16 will then be fulfilled, when there will be one fold [Israel and His Church] and one Shepherd. It is at this stage of end times chronology the 70 Weeks prophecy in Dan.9:27 will end.
 9..Satan is caught and thrown into the Abyss for the same 1,000 years that Jesus will reign, in His kingdom here on the earth. Rev.20:6, confirming Mt.6:9-13;  Zech.6:12-13, described in Ez.40-47; Acts 1:6; 2:29-30 and 15:16.

10. The first resurrection takes place which consists of all those brought to the Lord during the tribulation by the 144,000 Israelite evangelists. They will be martyred during the tribulation, by the two beasts, the antichrist, the false prophet and the ten horns [nations] allied to them. Those who are brought to Christ by the 144,000 Israelite evangelists, in the absence of the departed Church during the tribulation, do not belong to the Christian Church [who will be raptured before the seven year tribulation begins, as addressed above]. They will be made priests of God and of Christ, and rule with Him for 1,000 years, after their resurrection, according to Rev.20:4 and 6.  They will be beheaded and pay with their lives for their testimony of Jesus, by the two beasts, the antichrist, the false prophet and the ten horns [nations] allied to them..

11. The Millennial Kingdom of Christ will consist of the one body of Christ, His Church,  all those who survived the tribulation, besides the resurrected martyrs, and the remnant of Israel. In numbers alone, from an estimated original 7 billion people, there will only be 2.3 billion remaining , of those who had to go through the tribulation, recorded in Zech.13:8. Life expectancy will be greatly increased. Isa.65:20 and 11:6-9.

12. Jesus 1,000 year kingdom  will begin at this point, according to Rev.20:6, here on the earth, on the throne of David, in the restored kingdom of Israel, confirming Acts 1:6; 2:29-30 and 15:16.  At the same time the 1,000 years Satan will be in the Abyss, according to Rev.20:1-3.  Jesus prophecy in Jn.10:16 will then be fulfilled, when there will be one fold, Israel and the Church, with one Shepherd. When Jesus Millennial kingdom has ended, 1,000 years later, at the Great White Throne judgment, recorded in Rev.20:11-15.  Satan will be released and go out to deceive the people and nations again in his last rebellion against God and gather a huge army who come against God's people, surrounding Jerusalem. But God will send fire and sulfur down from heaven, as He did at Sodom and Gomorrah, destroying them all, and throwing Satan into the lake of fire, forever, in Rev.20:7-10.

13. The second resurrection takes place according to Rev.20:5, that consists of all those who will be saved during the Millennial reign of Jesus here on the earth, as well as the Godless and wicked, at the Great White Throne Judgment, set up to judge them, right here on earth. The sea, death and Hades all give up their dead and will then be thrown into the lake of fire. Meaning, that all who were in the 'temporal holding tanks' of Sheol, Hades and Hell will be removed to face judgment, along with death itself, disposed of forever. For all those who participate in the second resurrection, if their name is not found in the book of life, will be thrown into the lake of fire forever. Rev.20:11-15, and Dan.12:2 and Mt.25:46 will be fulfilled.

14. The old heaven and earth will pass away, recorded in Rev.21:1 [Destroyed by fire according to 2 Pet.3:7] and God will provide an all new heaven and earth, and the new eternal city of Jerusalem will descend from heaven, 1,500 miles long and as wide as it is long and as high as it is wide, Rev.21:1-16.

15. The rest of chapters 21 and 22 allude to a description of the coming eternal city and life of all believers who will be with the Lord forever.

Quasar93 

Edited by Quasar93

10 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

What I wrote in my post you quoted has precise exegesis that Scripturally supports the events the subject text is describing.  If I understand you correctly, you claim the first resurrection is concurrent with the second one, said to be 1,000 years later.  Review the following Scriptural facts:

Greetings Quasar93

I make a clear distinction of the two.  The first resurrection is only of the tribulation martyrs.   They do not ascend they are being raised to reign.  Very clearly the second resurrection is one thousand years later and is the only resurrection that would allow a rapture.  What part of we will not proceed them is it that you do not understand?  Therefore the second resurrection is concurrent with the rapture.  The events happening in this order:  The dead in Christ shll rise first then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up with them in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

10 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

It may interest you to know, I earned my qualifications to teach the Bible from Dr. Harold Wilmington, Dean at Liberty University; the late Dr. John Walvoord, former President of Dallas Theological Seminary, and Dr. Dwight Pentecost, Dean at Dallas Theological Seminary.  And where, may I ask, did you obtain your qualifications to teach the Bible?

I am an unlearned and ignorant man.  I have just been with Jesus.