• Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Ok, You say your Interests:Rightly dividing the Word of God,

Check out all these scriptures.

Melchizedek was an ordinary man. He is called a man in Hebrews 7:4. He had a "descent" or genealogy but it was not counted (Hebrews 7:6). He was an ordinary man who lived in the days of Abraham, as plainly taught in Gen. 14:17-24; and Hebrews 7:1-11. He was without recorded father or mother, beginning  of days  and end of life, so that he could be a type of Christ Who really had no beginning or end of days and Who was to be a priest after his order forever (Hebrews 6:20). 

Sorry, but I don’t agree.     …selah 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Read what OO says...

I read it, but still disagree.  Thx anyway.     …selah 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

48 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

I doubt you had the time to listen to the podcasts.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, Selah7 said:

Just curious. What do you disagree with? Is it the Scriptures or something else?

On 6/26/2022 at 3:04 PM, Selah7 said:

I believe Melchizedek IS the LORD Himself who came down as the Son of God:

For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "King of peace," without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

- Hebrews 7:1-3 

For He testifies: "You are a Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

- Hebrews 7:17

It is Almighty God Himself that testifies that Jesus Christ is a Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.  This comes from …

Psalm 110:4 "The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a Priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."

…selah

I always believe the Scriptures, Hazard.  My original post (above) is what I believe about Melchizedek.     …selah 

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Listen to Dr. Heiser's podcasts as OO suggested. Heiser is a renown scholar.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 11/26/2021 at 12:54 PM, MrBear said:

Currently studying Melchizedek who do you think he was?

Jasher 16:11 And Adonizedek [Melchizedek] king of Jerusalem, the same was Shem, went out with his men to meet Abram and his people, with bread and wine, and they remained together in the valley of Melech.

"The ancient Targumim (Aramaic interpretive translations) identify Melchizedek as Shem—son of Noah."

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1326593/jewish/Who-Was-Melchizedek.htm

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Jasher 16:11 And Adonizedek [Melchizedek] king of Jerusalem, the same was Shem, went out with his men to meet Abram and his people, with bread and wine, and they remained together in the valley of Melech.

"The ancient Targumim (Aramaic interpretive translations) identify Melchizedek as Shem—son of Noah."

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1326593/jewish/Who-Was-Melchizedek.htm

They would do that because they did not use the New Testament to further define Melchizedek.   According to the writings in the New Testament Shem could not be him.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, other one said:

According to the writings in the New Testament Shem could not be him.

According to your understanding, not mine.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/26/2022 at 11:26 AM, missmuffet said:

Most of the opinions are just that....an opinon. 

Who was Melchizedek?

ANSWER

Melchizedek, whose name means “king of righteousness,” was a king of Salem (Jerusalem) and priest of the Most High God (Genesis 14:18–20; Psalm 110:4; Hebrews 5:6–11; 6:20—7:28). Melchizedek’s sudden appearance and disappearance in the book of Genesis is somewhat mysterious. Melchizedek and Abraham first met after Abraham’s defeat of Chedorlaomer and his three allies. Melchizedek presented bread and wine to Abraham and his weary men, demonstrating friendship. He bestowed a blessing on Abraham in the name of El Elyon (“God Most High”) and praised God for giving Abraham a victory in battle (Genesis 14:18–20).

Abraham presented Melchizedek with a tithe (a tenth) of all the items he had gathered. By this act Abraham indicated that he recognized Melchizedek as a priest who ranked higher spiritually than he.

In Psalm 110, a messianic psalm written by David (Matthew 22:43), Melchizedek is presented as a type of Christ. This theme is repeated in the book of Hebrews, where both Melchizedek and Christ are considered kings of righteousness and peace. By citing Melchizedek and his unique priesthood as a type, the writer shows that Christ’s new priesthood is superior to the old levitical order and the priesthood of Aaron (Hebrews 7:1–10).

Some propose that Melchizedek was actually a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus Christ, or a Christophany. This is a possible theory, given that Abraham had received such a visit before. Consider Genesis 17 where Abraham saw and spoke with the Lord (El Shaddai) in the form of a man.

Hebrews 6:20 says, “[Jesus] has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.” This term order would ordinarily indicate a succession of priests holding the office. None are ever mentioned, however, in the long interval from Melchizedek to Christ, an anomaly that can be solved by assuming that Melchizedek and Christ are really the same person. Thus the “order” is eternally vested in Him and Him alone.

Hebrews 7:3 says that Melchizedek was “without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.” The question is whether the author of Hebrews means this actually or figuratively.

If the description in Hebrews is literal, then it is indeed difficult to see how it could be properly applied to anyone but the Lord Jesus Christ. No mere earthly king “remains a priest forever,” and no mere human is “without father or mother.” If Genesis 14 describes a theophany, then God the Son came to give Abraham His blessing (Genesis 14:17–19), appearing as the King of Righteousness (Revelation 19:11,16), the King of Peace (Isaiah 9:6), and the Mediator between God and Man (1 Timothy 2:5).

If the description of Melchizedek is figurative, then the details of having no genealogy, no beginning or ending, and a ceaseless ministry are simply statements accentuating the mysterious nature of the person who met Abraham.[/quote]

In Melchizedek these ideas come to mind.

1. Birthright......

Firstborn, not according to genealogy.

1Ch 5:1  Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father’s bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.
1Ch 5:2  For Judah prevailed above his brethren, and of him came the chief ruler; but the birthright was Joseph’s:)

2. Remains a priest continually.....

Mt 22:32  I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Mrk 12:26  And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
27  He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

Joh 11:26  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Ro 6:10  For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Ro 6:11  Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Jesus the firstborn over all creation, the lamb slain from the foundation of the world,,,High priest. Of which the order of operated apart from genealogy, having one portion above their brethren. The heirs of the land of the living.
Just my thoughts