• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,450
  • Content Per Day:  8.15
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Thats fine Believe what you want.

Everyone does.  I believe what the Bible says clearly, unambiguously, PRECISELY.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

6 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

please note that Jesus gives the gift of eternal life WHEN a person becomes a believer, per John 5:24.  And in 10:28 He says that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

And Rom 8:38 says that even nothing in the present or future shall separate us from the love of Christ.

So, from the MOMENT one believes and receives eternal life, they shall never perish.

That is grace.  We are saved by grace through faith.  Eph 2:8

Jesus also said those who Love me keep my commandments. Those who live after their flesh willfully  are not keeping His commandments . Does God look the other way? Those who sin willfully will not enter into Gods kingdom.

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,463
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

46 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus also said those who Love me keep my commandments. Those who live after their flesh willfully  are not keeping His commandments . Does God look the other way? Those who sin willfully will not enter into Gods kingdom.

There is certainly discipline for God's children (AKA - after they are born-again with His life in them) and consequences "for things done while in the body" as per 2nd Corinthians 5:10 at the Judgement Seat of Christ. (FYI: I plan to start a sperate thread on this soon)

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

There is certainly discipline for God's children (AKA - after they are born-again with His life in them) and consequences "for things done while in the body" as per 2nd Corinthians 5:10 at the Judgement Seat of Christ. (FYI: I plan to start a sperate thread on this soon)

gal 5: 19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, quarreling, rivalry, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 envying, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. About these things I tell you again, as I have also told you in times past, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.   

1 minute ago, Mike Mclees said:

gal 5: 19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, quarreling, rivalry, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 envying, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. About these things I tell you again, as I have also told you in times past, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.   

Yup - sounds like severe discipline to me.  Do you see in that where someone ceases to be a child of God (their Father's life is removed from being in them)?

4 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Yup - sounds like severe discipline to me.  Do you see in that where someone ceases to be a child of God (their Father's life is removed from being in them)?

Well I expected as much from you.

I believe you want to corrupt Gods word against itself. You wanted something precise and a gave it to you. 

Like I stated once before.  I'll see At the judgement seat. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Well I expected as much from you.

I believe you want to corrupt Gods word against itself. You wanted something precise and a gave it to you. 

Like I stated once before.  I'll see At the judgement seat. 

Sorry that you don't see the fundamental, over-arching principle of life in scripture.  I thought I answered your question . . .

Do you see in that (verses from Gal 5:19-21)  where someone ceases to be a child of God (their Father's life is removed from being in them)?

4 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Sorry that you don't see the fundamental, over-arching principle of life in scripture.  I thought I answered your question . . .

Do you see in that (verses from Gal 5:19-21)  where someone ceases to be a child of God (their Father's life is removed from being in them)?

Do you see where God justifies flagrant living in unbelief 

2 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Do you see where God justifies flagrant living in unbelief 

Not at all.  Very real and often severe consequences & discipline for that - for the believer's own good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,450
  • Content Per Day:  8.15

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

FreeGrace said: 

please note that Jesus gives the gift of eternal life WHEN a person becomes a believer, per John 5:24.  And in 10:28 He says that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

Jesus also said those who Love me keep my commandments.

Yes, He did.  How does that relate to loss of salvation or conditional salvation?

Those who live after their flesh willfully  are not keeping His commandments . Does God look the other way?

No, He sure doesn't.  He will discipline His children just as the Bible commands parents to discipline theirs.  Not kill them.

Heb 12:11 teaches that God's discipline is painful.  No one gets away with anything.

Those who sin willfully will not enter into Gods kingdom.

Please provide any verse that says this clearly.  Jesus Christ paid the sin debt for every sin.  so how can any sin prevent any believer from entering into God's kingdom?

I have shared John 5:24 and 10:28, but it seems there is a lot of resistance to what they teach.  Why?  When Jesus said recipients of eternal life, which is when a person becomes a believer (Jn 5:24) they shall never perish (Jn 10:28).  

Your comments show that you do not believe what He said.