angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Both topics are very much in the news these days,what do you all believe?

Do you believe The Church replaced Israel and why do you believe what you believe?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Do you believe The Church replaced Israel and why do you believe what you believe?

To believe that I would have to believe God didn't know what he was talking about or what the future would be when he directed the prophecies be written.

And I don't believe that, I believe God wrote exactly what he meant and meant exactly what he wrote through the prophets when he gave their their prophetic inspiration.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

19 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Not at all. You might say that my view is "unification theology." No replacement of anyone involved. Israel and the Church are one in Jesus Christ, in whom there is no Jew nor Greek. 

However, there is a time and season for every matter under heaven. It might not seem that way at this time, but it will be. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I believe God made each group and has purposes for each - The Body of Christ, Israel and the Nations.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 11 has a lengthy section that compares gentile believers to branches grafted in to an olive tree. One of the parts of it that stands out the most to me is where he tells us not to be arrogant about it because God could just as easily break us off from the tree and cut us off from the life giving roots. That's how I feel about it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Augustine probably started replacement theology when he wrote "the City Of God" interpreting the Revelation in an allegorical way and indicating that Rome was then the city of God, replacing Jerusalem.  I don't believe in interpreting Scripture that way--it should be read as literally as possible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,195
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, Willa said:

Augustine probably started replacement theology when he wrote "the City Of God" interpreting the Revelation in an allegorical way and indicating that Rome was then the city of God, replacing Jerusalem.  I don't believe in interpreting Scripture that way--it should be read as literally as possible. 

It is the only way in which we can be assured of The Word leading us instead of we leading the word.... If one wants eternal life with God, then one must let His Word lead us to it...
Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)
[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Straight from The Lord's mouth to our hearts...

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Zola Levitt Ministries spent much effort combating  the errant influence of the teaching called Replacement Theology which  is a conclusion derived from the teaching of  Progressive Dispensationalism. Zola wrote a book "Broken Branches" on the subject and also challenged the doctrine as it was being promoted  at Moody and Dallas Seminary along with others. ZLM's fight to inform dates back into the 1990's.

The doctrine itself does go back as far as the second century AD and was a doctrine some time later of Augustine.

Many excellent articles are available online  to be found by searching Zola Levitt replacement theology.

What do I believe? I believe many a sect or cult including Mormonism ( The  Church  Of The Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ) all wrongly teach replacement theology in one manner or another. Unfortunately that  error includes and pervades or invades many a  Christian sect's (Denomination's) doctrine.

The Epistle of Paul titled Romans  teaches us of God's plan for Israel ( Romans 9-11). The church is not Israel.

None of the labeled  Christian denominations, nor the Roman Catholic Church, nor independent Christian  group, nor any cult, have replaced Israel and the place in God's heart for the Jew and the nation Israel. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 10/21/2023 at 4:39 PM, angels4u said:

Yeah they say it started somewhere back in like 150ad. If I go through the bible and rip out a bunch of pages.. ok ok yeah now I see it yeah its true! Since no one knows me here :(  I can say with nothing to gain. When He showed me that tiny tree with oh tons.. and yes tons of branches then says "show me a branch that was not originally of the vine. I am the vine you are the branches". It took me a good year to understand what branches were originally there and still are. Its not the Church. I was grafted in to what was originally there make sense? I could have just posted scriptures but its getting late.

Did He not make promises about Israel? Oh darn.. give me a second.. I think those are the pages I tore out... 

Edited by TheBlade