• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Debp said:

I had all of Moderna's Covid boosters so far with no ill effects.

Covid seems to be winding down. I don't hear anything on the news about it anymore.

I don't go outside too often as I don't walk as easily nowadays.  I go to Target to pay my bill.   Also, need to take a taxi to the doctor's office for my check-up. Will see the eye doctor in March, maybe the dentist sooner.  Sometimes I ride the elevator with neighbors or chat briefly with a couple of them.

Anyhow I was wondering if I should get the newest booster for Covid or not.

Anyone else wondering about it? Since Covid seems to be winding down?

We got ours last month my doctor said he was seeing more here and with our age and health conditions he would recommend getting them. They had 4 cases the day I was there. Its our 6th with no problem.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, FJK said:

I saw one study reported -British I think or some other European source- that seemed to indicate that a second booster and more actually increased the chances of getting COVID and also a more severe case at that.

But I take everything with a grain of salt now, once something becomes a political issue all sources of information are suspect.

Yes, it is political now.  Medicine has been getting that way for over 40 years but this incident put them up there with the rest of the overlords.  I pity doctors and nurses who really want to help people instead of their political rank and business portfolio. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,150
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

11 hours ago, Debp said:

Covid seems to be winding down. I don't hear anything on the news about it anymore.

I don't go outside too often as I don't walk as easily nowadays. 

How do you know there were no ill effects? Micro-clotting is a common effect of the vaccines, but unless it is severe it can go unnoticed, and its symptoms chalked up to "just growing old."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Never had one shot. Those we know that get the boosters got covid anyway. Since this all started I only got it (covid) once and could not taste or smell for about 6 weeks. My wife only got one booster but before the shots we prayed over it so it would only do what it was meant to do and that was to stop covid. Never took any shots be it flu you name it. 

Edited by TheBlade
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,312
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

12 hours ago, Debp said:

I don't go outside too often as I don't walk as easily nowadays.  I go to Target to pay my bill.   Also, need to take a taxi to the doctor's office for my check-up. Will see the eye doctor in March, maybe the dentist sooner.  Sometimes I ride the elevator with neighbors or chat briefly with a couple of them.

Anyhow I was wondering if I should get the newest booster for Covid or not.

Anyone else wondering about it? Since Covid seems to be winding down?

It's still around. We have cases here on occasion; some clients and also staff. I had close contact with a single father and his kids at work last week, all of whom had COVID. They found out later that day. As always, I remain negative for the virus. I've come to accept my immunity. It certainly helped our operation when everyone was out sick during the heyday of COVID. I was working.

I hadn't heard about this booster, Deb. I doubt that I'll get it. I don't see the need.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest AFlameOfFire

It's rumored that they have been paying doctors large sums of money to get so many of their patients vaccinated. But what makes it difficult to confirm is the fact that our supposed "trusted" sources which play that down a bit hard to take seriously when so many of them  receive money from Big pharma. And I tend to see their sponsorship or donations as bribes which tend to blind, and  lend to the twisting of words (as far as the truth concerning these things goes). Some of them can admit a little something of that is going on but down play it enough to appease their sponsors. 

Anything that does not come from an "official trusted source" would probably have to be considered a rumor by default I suppose, but I don't really trust a lot of what is reported by these official trusted sources. I find many others do not either.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I hadn't heard about this booster, Deb.

There are currently TV commercials about getting it.   They do say there are rare cases of something to do with the heart.

At first I hadn't planned to make a special trip to CVS for this booster.

However this week the health department phoned asking if we wanted the new booster.   They come to our apartment because my mom is homebound.

I couldn't decide so she said to ask our doctor and she would phone again on Friday.

Since my mom doesn't see anyone but me....and also she has an irregular heartbeat, I didn't know if she really needs the vaccination now.

Also, since I don't come into contact with many people, I wondered if I needed it this time.   Might try to talk with the doctor

Here in Los Angeles, doctors are not giving the vaccinations.   They are administered at drug stores and given at home to the homebound.

During the Pandemic, there were also large vaccination sites for people to drive through to get the shots.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, AFlameOfFire said:

It's rumored that they have been paying doctors large sums of money to get so many of their patients vaccinated. But what makes it difficult to confirm is the fact that our supposed "trusted" sources which play that down a bit hard to take seriously when so many of them  receive money from Big pharma. And I tend to see their sponsorship or donations as bribes which tend to blind, and  lend to the twisting of words (as far as the truth concerning these things goes). Some of them can admit a little something of that is going on but down play it enough to appease their sponsors. 

Anything that does not come from an "official trusted source" would probably have to be considered a rumor by default I suppose, but I don't really trust a lot of what is reported by these official trusted sources. I find many others do not either.

My own primary physician, of way over twenty five years now,  states he has received each of the Covid vaccines including the most recent one.

That declaration by him is more clarifying to me than any "rumor".  He is convinced and participates himself in what He promotes as being good for my own welfare.

Not much sense  in my having a primary physician if I am not going to utilize his knowledge and guidance. I put my trust in his advice and guidance in these matters. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,578
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

My own primary physician, of way over twenty five years now,  states he has received each of the Covid vaccines including the most recent one.

That declaration by him is more clarifying to me than any "rumor".  He is convinced and participates himself in what He promotes as being good for my own welfare.

Not much sense  in my having a primary physician if I am not going to utilize his knowledge and guidance. I put my trust in his advice and guidance in these matters. 

Hi @Neighbor Not 'Do as I say' but 'Do as I do'.........

(There's also a sermon in there somewhere....)

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I'm vaccinated by the blood of Jesus Christ.  That's all I need.  And I'm ready to leave this world whenever he calls me.

• Thumbs Up 1