IGNORED

What do you think is the most powerful chapter in the Bible? And why?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,599
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Logostician said:

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is the most powerful verse in the Bible.  So I guess that makes John 3 the most powerful chapter in the Bible.

Hi, Interesting and seems to me a good choice for sure; but- without the basis of the history of the heavens, starting right at Genesis one, is not  all of what is of the New Covenant without a foundation?  

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,040
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Kristina said:

I myself believe that Romans 8 is the most powerful chapter in the Bible as Paul tells us how to live as good Christians, today and for eternity...

What a question! I'd never considered it, but it made me sit up and think. Religious prisoners in countries opposed to the Bible have no access to the Bible and from Watchman Nee's story it is obvious that in China sometimes a Bible is taken apart and distributed a page at a time to the saints. As I stand here now I would not be able to choose a Chapter, but what flashed through my mind was either John Chapter 1 or The New Jerusalem.

In John 1 we have God's dealings to gain BETHEL - "the House of God" - "the place He chose to put His name". Bethel is very cklose to God's heart. If Adam had eaten from the Tree of Life he would have automatically become God's abode - something that is central to the gospel of John.

In Revelation 21 we have a City that is the consummation of God's plan with the earth and men. The gold speaks of God's nature, the pearls speak of the righteousness of Christ under Law, the precious stones depict the transforming work of the Holy Spirit. The Walls show the Garden of Fellowship brought to order with the serpent blocked from entering, and the Gates are Israels destiny as the Nations go up annually to worship Christ and the profane are kept away from a Holy God. The City has the glory of God - a fulfillment of Romans 8:29.

It would be torture to have to choose- Thank you Jehovah for my shelf full of Bible Versions.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,147
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

It's an impossible question to be sure but all things considered, the 30th chapter of Proverbs has been the most influential for me. The words of that passage resonate just as strongly today as they did many years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Like other who has said that it is the bible as a whole in context that cannot be separated essentially.  I will state my two though.

Genesis 2.  It has to be emphatically clear that man and woman is a creation of God and not evolved as the scientific world would say.

John 3.  Nicodemus asked the Lord the revelant question for salvation and an answer was given to him, so anyman who wants to know how to be saved , has the knowledge in the written word. 

Edited by warrior12
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,138
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

To start with I would say that Romans chapter ten because it tells me how to be saved.  However, as we grow in Christ I think different parts of the Bible are come into play in our daily lives.  It seems to me at 77  the whole Bible at one time or another is important.  So I would say that at this point in time, since I'm kind of old and not promised a single extra heart beat, I just want to make sure I am saved and where I'll go at death so I have looped back to Romans chapter nine to make sure I'm still OK.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

23 hours ago, Kristina said:

I myself believe that Romans 8 is the most powerful chapter in the Bible as Paul tells us how to live as good Christians, today and for eternity...

Hi Kristina,

Yes, that chapter is very powerful. Then, I tend to think Rev. 4 where we see the glorified Lord on His own throne with the Body of Christ acclaimed by all of heaven as the mighty conqueror of sin and death. 

From that throne, (power and authority of the Father) the Lord begins to put down all rule, authority and power. The beginning of the restoration of all things. 

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Job chapter 38, the first recorded words of God Himself.

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the land?"

"When I set a limit for the sea"

"Have the gates of death been opened unto thee?
Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death?"

Edited by Desopixi Seilynam
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Most powerful? Cant choose any one above another. 

Ones that currently speak to me are Genesis 22, a picture of the crucifixion and sacrifice. Very rich in layered meaning. And Psalm 22, a picture of the crucifixion and some of the very words He used on the cross.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,434
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 4/5/2024 at 7:29 PM, farouk said:

Hi @Kristina

I also would reckon Romans 8 to be among them. Ephesians 2 is another.

Of course, we need to remember that the chapter divisions are not inspired, although they are very useful.

And I will second your choices as those two chapters together are such a great explanation of the new covenant!  In Romans 8 we have Christ as the Spirit coming to dwell in us and do what God needs to do as an inner operation, which life also makes us all sons of His incredible love!  And in Ephesians 2 we see this life is not a "Lone Ranger" life, but rather a corporate one with all the saints as His children and that we are being built together as a habitation of God in Spirit!  (and that is really just skimming the high points)

So to me, these two chapters really sum up what God intended in instituting the new covenant in Christ - the indwelling Spirit and the ekklesia.  (but if I were to chose just one chapter, I'd hafta go with Romans 8)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,420
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

9 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

And I will second your choices as those two chapters together are such a great explanation of the new covenant!  In Romans 8 we have Christ as the Spirit coming to dwell in us and do what God needs to do as an inner operation, which life also makes us all sons of His incredible love!  And in Ephesians 2 we see this life is not a "Lone Ranger" life, but rather a corporate one with all the saints as His children and that we are being built together as a habitation of God in Spirit!  (and that is really just skimming the high points)

So to me, these two chapters really sum up what God intended in instituting the new covenant in Christ - the indwelling Spirit and the ekklesia.  (but if I were to chose just one chapter, I'd hafta go with Romans 8)

I definitely understand, Father, Son and Holy Spirit as distinct Persons. Those chapters are indeed wondrous.