IGNORED

Can your name be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life?

Phil.2:12

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Giller said:

Whether it was or was not, God knows who shall receive him or not, so he nows everything including the future, but nevertheless, that does not mean that a name cannot be removed.

Post the scripture that supports your statement please. 

And yet for the names to be put in the Book of Life before the creation of the world, God's foreknowledge would be present in all matters concerning entry of names. And those omitted. 

This scripture speaks within God's omniscience. God knows who shall overcome. The name was installed in the book of life first. Which is why Jesus says what he says there. 

Revelation 3:5-6
(5)  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

God knows the secrets of the heart. Psalm 44:21 . He would know who would be in the book and who would not being the book and the entries are there by God's will before God created the world. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

YHWH does things in YHWH'S order, not out of order;  always righteously, without any iniquity.

HE has to "lower HIMSELF" to speak with men, let alone to have anything to do with us.

Yet HE chose to , before creating the world and any life on earth, willingly and joyously.

HE created hell(not in english, greek , nor pagan terms/ideas or concepts),

for the devil and the angels who rebelled with the devil against YHWH.

HE did not created hell for people.

A few places in HIS WORD, apparently,  show that whenever a person willingly dies, rejecting SALVATION of Y'SHUA MESSIAH,

YHWH expands hell to make room for them. 

This may be figurative, and literal, and not understood usually;

but likewise YHWH may have written THEIR NAME in the BOOK OF LIFE originally,

and did not "BLOT OUT HIS NAME" until AFTER he chose to reject SALVATION, chose to continue serving the devil or demons or idols of gold and silver.

Not to make much of this (never thought about it this way before),

but just to realize ,  YHWH'S WORDS are not extraneous, but very precise, and for HIS PURPOSE,

so when HE SAYS for HIS PURPOSE in HIS WORD,  so that someone's name "will not be blotted out" ,

HE means it.  All PERFECTLY, in complete and total HARMONY with ALL OF HIS WORD,  for all time...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 5/18/2007 at 1:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

I think this is just another way to ask about a person's belief in Once Saved Always Saved theology :)

I don't think a person can lose salvation. I would like to make a correction though. A person's name is not written when the person accepts Jesus. The name is written when God regenerates the person. This probably answers the question. Because if salvation is based on our acceptance of Jesus Christ, then everyone would lose it, get it back, lose it, get it back every day! I would have lost it long while ago! Because Salvation is God's doing, no amount of rebellion from me can separate the Jesus from me. That's why our names are not going to be removed from Book of Life.

I will post one of many verses which confirms this in Bible. We read on John 10,

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.[d] No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 4/4/2017 at 0:59 AM, Danger Noodle said:

And yet for the names to be put in the Book of Life before the creation of the world, God's foreknowledge would be present in all matters concerning entry of names. And those omitted. 

This scripture speaks within God's omniscience. God knows who shall overcome. The name was installed in the book of life first. Which is why Jesus says what he says there. 

Revelation 3:5-6
(5)  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

God knows the secrets of the heart. Psalm 44:21 . He would know who would be in the book and who would not being the book and the entries are there by God's will before God created the world. 

You might be able to read Rev 3:5 as a promise rather than a threat but the OT background to this verse may be Exodus 32:33 "Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book." That reads like a threat that God will actually carry out.

Apart from that, I think there is something else going on in Rev 13:8&17:8. The word translated "names" is actually in the singular i.e. technically it should be translated "name." I suspect it actually refers to Jesus' name e.g. as in Rev 14:1. That would resolve the apparent tension between Rev 13:8/17:8 and Rev 3:5/Ex 32:33.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 5/18/2007 at 1:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

In Revelation it talks about the Lamb's Book of Life that will be opened on the Day of Judgement. According to Scripture, your name is written in this Book of Life when you accept Jesus as your Savior. Once written in the Book of Life, can your name ever be erased from this Book? Please give Scriptural references that substantiate your viewpoint.

Getting into this conversation late and without reading any prior posts: I would say, yes your name can be blotted out. See Rev 3:5-6 

It appears to me God chose some and wrote their name in the book of life before the foundation of the world. But it seems that name can be blotted out if you make bad choices. 

Sources from Bible: 

All those who live on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name was not written from the foundation of the world in the book[fn] of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered.[fn]

5He that overcometh shall thus be arrayed in white garments; and I will in no wise blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels

8 hours ago, ghtan said:

You might be able to read Rev 3:5 as a promise rather than a threat but the OT background to this verse may be Exodus 32:33 "Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book." That reads like a threat that God will actually carry out.

Apart from that, I think there is something else going on in Rev 13:8&17:8. The word translated "names" is actually in the singular i.e. technically it should be translated "name." I suspect it actually refers to Jesus' name e.g. as in Rev 14:1. That would resolve the apparent tension between Rev 13:8/17:8 and Rev 3:5/Ex 32:33.

It seems to me that when we are told the name or names are entered before the foundation of the world, that the text we're reading currently is a reflection of how Abba's plan shall unfold.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I trust the Lord. Dont trust people trying to figure out how much they can get away with but i do trust the Lord to save those who seek him.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:09 PM, simplejeff said:

YHWH does things in YHWH'S order, not out of order;  always righteously, without any iniquity.

HE has to "lower HIMSELF" to speak with men, let alone to have anything to do with us.

Yet HE chose to , before creating the world and any life on earth, willingly and joyously.

HE created hell(not in english, greek , nor pagan terms/ideas or concepts),

for the devil and the angels who rebelled with the devil against YHWH.

HE did not created hell for people.

A few places in HIS WORD, apparently,  show that whenever a person willingly dies, rejecting SALVATION of Y'SHUA MESSIAH,

YHWH expands hell to make room for them. 

This may be figurative, and literal, and not understood usually;

but likewise YHWH may have written THEIR NAME in the BOOK OF LIFE originally,

and did not "BLOT OUT HIS NAME" until AFTER he chose to reject SALVATION, chose to continue serving the devil or demons or idols of gold and silver.

Not to make much of this (never thought about it this way before),

but just to realize ,  YHWH'S WORDS are not extraneous, but very precise, and for HIS PURPOSE,

so when HE SAYS for HIS PURPOSE in HIS WORD,  so that someone's name "will not be blotted out" ,

HE means it.  All PERFECTLY, in complete and total HARMONY with ALL OF HIS WORD,  for all time...

You're not really saying anything there that pertains to the topic itself.

When God's word states names were written before the creation of the world, those blotted out would have been just as predetermined as those written in. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 5/18/2007 at 6:29 PM, Phil.2:12 said:

I think that people need to ask first of all, what even is the  ...lambs book of life (Revelation 21:15)? The book of Revelation is a book of symbols, so could I be correct in assuming that this is merely a figurative representation of God's foreknowledge, given to us as a book, not because it is literally some book, but in order to help us to understand that being omniscient and omnipotent, God certainly does possess foreknowledge, all power and all knowing. Likewise the reference to God possessing seven eyes (Revelation 5:6) could also refer to God's omniscience, that is that he sees and knows all things. At least that is how I would see it.

Edited by Limey_Bob