IGNORED

doubt regarding how prayers are answered.

GerdaHannah

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1967

:vader: Humankind regarding - God - has always struggled with the idea of Believing without see-ing and/or understanding.

Proverbs 20:24,25 declares:

Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way? It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry.

The typical Unbeliever in Jesus Christ, wants to See then understand before he/she accepts Jesus Christ as Personal God... a typical trait in scientific physical reasoning.

However, in the God dimension; it is rather believe without see-ing: All throughout the New Testament bible, it is about Repent and Believe, then understanding God comes more into focus.

This believing before understanding is a Spirit dimensional birth of faith in God and the Bible as God's Holy accurate Word, which is a birth from a lower physical and soul dimension into the highest God dimension.

The reason now it is a snare(trap) to make enquiry after devouring the Holy - it has been revealed as Holy before it was understood.

This is because it is higher and holier than our natural understanding already muddied with the Sin nature, so how can the lower and natural understand the more spiritual infinite God except through the doorway of believing without see-ing and later understanding.

Therefore the Will of God for all humanity even as individuals according to the Bible will always be higher than our best natural hopes and hence for our ultimate eternal best interests.

PREPLAY YOUR FUTURE IN GOD, >>> DAILY <<< READ OUT ALOUD THE BIBLE >>> PRAYERFULLY

(Blessed are the poor in spirit – the spiritually helpless: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven)

Therefore, we see that Christianity is Christ in You (the individual) in this Church age,

and Christ in You is Jesus Christ received at Salvation in the new birth through the Holy

Spirit of God, now in ones’ human spirit: This Spiritual Condition in the human

spirit is the spiritual brain needed to receive revelation of the Holy Scriptures.

Putting it bluntly, if the Holy Spirit (Christ in You) is not in your human spirit, you cannot receive true revelation from God of the Holy Scriptures, simply because you are still

working from the Sin of Unbelief!

:24:

Edited by Emanuel
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Dutch Sheets ( funny name eh) in his book GETTING IN GODS FACE, suggests that God values us and our prayers so much as to limit Himself to what He will achieve through our prayers, i.e we are in senior partnership with God concerning the affairs of this world and mens salvation and deliverances. Dont quote me on that but i think thats the gist of it.

We certainly cause God to change His mind to the extent it fits in with His ultimate will, and He binds and looses at our insistance also. This is both exciting and scary if you know what i mean. So come bodly into His presence because of Jesus His Son and our friend, just like school mates brought home for a glass of milk and cookies in a house of peace. Respect the honour given and don`t insult, by questioning the host`s motives.

• 9 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Think on those things pure and holy and upright.  Every day. 

He whose mind is set on Christ, is kept in perfect peace.

On 2/17/2009 at 9:24 PM, GerdaHannah said:

dear Charitow,

I did come across this verse in the Bible and asked a pastor I know.

The last part of the verse ends with "No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly". I had asked him and he said the walk uprightly phrase means those who obey the ten commandments. And since it is the Psalms, it doesn't apply to us today. Then how can we claim it and assume that He will not withhold anything good from me.

Want to , are you seeking,  Yahweh's Kingdom, and then He may bless you.  There's a lot going on.

Trust Him.   Trust His Word.    Rely on Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Rom 6:15  What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

Rom 6:16  Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one's slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Rom 6:17  But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

Rom 6:18  And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Rom 6:19  I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.

Rom 6:20  For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.

Rom 6:21  What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death.

Rom 6:22  But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

True believers have made Jesus their Lord and Commander.  They have in love and devotion presented themselves to God to be His slave out of love.  They have been set free from being a slave to satan and want to be God's slave or servant. They no longer want to serve evil.

There is no middle ground.  Your prayers are either for good or for evil.  You wishes are either selfish and evil or they are godly and good.  That is why even Jesus prayed, "nevertheless not My will be done but Thine." He didn't want to suffer on the cross and be separated from the Father but He agreed to to the Father's will to take our sin upon Himself and die for us.  We also must deny our selfish prayers and do God's will.  

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

I have had trouble praying in the past. I pray a lot in my everyday thoughts and we know the Holy Spirit prays for us. I pray for people I know and for all of the people I will never know, here and everywhere. I stopped praying for myself and for help in my own life. After some years I started pray for myself again but with a contrite heart, seeking and asking for simple things that grow my understanding and spiritual wisdom. I was patient and I knew God would answer and He did. 

My point is that we can't be selfish in our prayers and our motives must be pure. When we pray we should keep it simple and to the point, not long drawn out emotional pleadings. I need to pray more. Sometimes I feel far away from God and not able to pray. It's all a matter of setting your mind and heart right before we pray. Just my two cents.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I usually don't feel worthy to ask favors from God, when I think of the hideous suffering that goes on all day everyday all over the world, from sexual abuse to hunger and mutilation and on and on, my trifling little concerns, my petty problems seem like something I should just be a big boy and cope with and be grateful I'm not really suffering...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 2/17/2009 at 2:32 AM, GerdaHannah said:

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

I have a doubt regarding how our prayers are answered. I guess it might seem a little foolish, but I want to be sure of my facts.

I understand that we will never be able to understand how/why God answers our prayers. But from what has been portrayed in 'traditional' churches, it almost looks like God uses us only to get what He wants done.

Please tell me it is not so. He does consider what we want, what our feelings are, but doesn't give us what we want only because it is not good for us. Otherwise He would definitely give us what we want.

He wouldn't try to be moralistic and deny us our desires merely because He wants us to be His slaves and do what He wants us to.

Its more like He wants us to do what He wants us to because it is good for us.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Blessings.

Sometimes it takes time for the Lord to answer our questions. It's like math. A first grader can't understand the answer to a tenth-grader's question till he reaches tenth grade. So I might ask the Lord to answer my prayer, but there might be much I have to learn before I can understand the answer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 2/17/2009 at 5:32 AM, GerdaHannah said:

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

I have a doubt regarding how our prayers are answered. I guess it might seem a little foolish, but I want to be sure of my facts.

I understand that we will never be able to understand how/why God answers our prayers. But from what has been portrayed in 'traditional' churches, it almost looks like God uses us only to get what He wants done.

Please tell me it is not so.

When Christians enter into prayer on an intercessory level, then yes, we can willingly join with God in praying that His will, not our will or desires be done.

However, when our prayers are to make personal requests of our hearts desire, then we pray according to God's will., then we know that He hears us, and so we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

He does consider what we want, what our feelings are, but doesn't give us what we want only because it is not good for us. Otherwise He would definitely give us what we want.

God gives to us what we want when our desires are in line with what God has of His best for us.

He wouldn't try to be moralistic and deny us our desires merely because He wants us to be His slaves and do what He wants us to.

That sounds like the arrangements of the pagans with their idols.

The relationship that we Christians have with the Father is not a slave relationship. It's a loved son to a loving father.. and a loving son to a loved father relationship. A son has a greater and better, closer and more intimate relationship than a slave/master relationship.

God is a good God, a good and loving Father, therefore He has for us all that is good in His sight. And we should want all that is good in His sight.

When we want what He wants for us, then He wants what we want. We both want the same thing. Then we both get what we both want.

Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/17/2009 at 2:32 AM, GerdaHannah said:

hi friends,

hope you all are fine.

Please tell me it is not so. He does consider what we want, what our feelings are, but doesn't give us what we want only because it is not good for us. Otherwise He would definitely give us what we want.

Blessings.

What is more important is that we pray. We bring before God everything that is going on in our lives. We thank Him. We give God our heart, our lives and our mind. We ask God to take control of our lives. We have faith that every prayer is heard. Maybe not like we as humans would like them to be answered but according to His will and plan He has for our lives.