• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Night is coming when no man can work, and after that night, the Day will come.  We are to be always prepared for Daytime.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

1 Thess. 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us , that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Luke 21:36 Watch, therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man. (In context of Lukes' account of the end times).

1 Thess. 1:9-10 how your turned --to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus Who delivers us from the wrath to come.

Luke 21:28 Now when these things BEGIN to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."

We are also promised that all who seek to lead godly lives in Christ Jesus shall be persecuted.

We are promised horrible wars, famine, pestilences, and earthquakes before the wrath of God. So we are not promised a cake walk. But I do believe that born again Christians who keep on being filled with the Holy Spirit soas to walk in the Spirit, hear His voice and follow our Good Shepherd, are NOT destined to endure the wrath of God in the final 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation period. The snatching away of the Church seems to occur sometime at the beginning of or during the first 3 1/2 years. But we are not told when exactly He will come, only that He will come as a thief in the night, and that we should be ready and looking for Him.

There is also mention of the conversion of many during the wrath especially when the 3 witnesses in the streets of Jeruselem are resurrected. (This may even be telecasted to that people around the world witness it). There will be a final gathering of living believers who will inhabit Jeruselem for Christ's thousand year reign as discribed in Revelations 20. During that time satan will be bound, and then unleashed at the end. That is when the new heavens and new earth are revealed.

On the other hand, we are told in 2 Thess. 2 that day shall not come till the "falling away" comes first, and the "man of sin" is revealed, the son of perdition, who sits in the temple showing himself to be god.. Every eye will see Christ's return WITH His church and his angels to kill His adversaries with the breath of his mouth. The armies of the nations will be alligned against Him. This will be no surprise. He will arrive at the eastern gate of Jeruselem, we are told.

Using NKJV

Every year our pastor gives a prophecy update that tells how world events are falling into place and fulfilling Bible prohecies. It usually lasts 2-3 hours, and the events are happening so fast now that he can only use a few months of newspaper clippings and current events news. 15 years ago it was a years worth. So it is exciting to watch the day of the Lord approach. But all the more I pray that friends and family have their hearts ready for His coming.

This is my understanding of end times events and the Day of the Lord. They are, of course, subject to change as God sheds further light on my limited understanding of His Word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

To Argosy I know what you mean about watching Satan’s the Devil’s moves. I used to spend hours a day reading about any signs article Left Behind books how to determine this Antichrist. It does seem Satan holds the clock of time on what is happening now and what will happen in the future. We don’t seem to realize this will all happen in God’s time. It is why over the years of study of the Bible my views changed dramatically from one aspect to another. Simply scriptures alone prove me other wise from how I was taught. Left Behind version for example. I left those ways of understanding Prophecy End times.

To DRS thanks for the getting the Pedia version of the Day of the Lord. So the sun, moon, and stars really do have strong association with the Day of the Lord. Even Pedia takes recognition in that.

To Waiting Thanks for observations to keep ourselves vigilant as Jesus commands us” Take Heed” Therefore watch these things. To take watch is not an option to choose or not. It really is God’s commandment to do so only of course Believers who know what to watch for. But it did not mean Jesus said to keep CNN 24 hours disaster watch. :crazy:

To Zion I am very touched by your words. You're not the only one for sure who has been scared in these things. O I really can admit I have had a lot of apocalyptic dreams. Some of them the rapture. Others the mark of the Beast. But I never had a dream where Jesus actually returned. But I have had Jesus in some of my dreams.

One Jesus was walking in the crowds and Jesus stumbled off his sandals. I seen Jesus falling and I just basically leaned my upper shoulder body weight and I grabbed his arm. I think simply that I did not want Jesus to fall. I woke up and I said I can’t believe this. ‘I helped Jesus?” How can that be? Jesus is supposed to be the one helping us. I think I was dreaming what it was like in Jesus day perhaps how people had disrespected him.

Personally God knows I don’t want anyone to slip on the ground. So honestly it was a reflex in my dream to save anyone who is falling.. But Jesus happened to be the one. I don't remember anything after that. I wish I knew how Jesus would react. But then it would be wrong to expect Jesus to say you helped me. So now I look at it as I should have done that. Imagine all the times God spared my life. My act only happened in a dream.

To Kwik. I am glad you are at peace now with God. Sounds to me no longer much that you are shaken or troubled in your mind. You are obeying the Thessalonian chapter 2 commandment do not be troubled or shaken in your mind. As Paul also wanted them to not be walking in terrific fear.

I think one important thing of the Day of the Lord is “ Be Right with God or get Left Behind’ I know that is a Tim La Hayes cliché. But really it is true. God wants us to be right with him and that helps us to make us ready for the Day of the Lord. God will judge our hearts and minds and that will mean more than anything when it comes to personal salivation.

I wish I had confidence as Kwik. But really I don’t.. I still feel some anxiety how bad the end times will be and how great this Judgment. But I guess I can say I have improved. I’m trying to plan some things out which has built some confidence to show I will be resisting or rather us the End time Beast system. So we are practicing right now how to resist this. I'm learning all the prophecy books as much as I can. When we have seen or heard these things taking place I know we're now in the Bible how far we have come along. I have created a somewhat radar as to how far we are now and how to recognize those signs.

As for Jesus kingdom witness post Matt 24:29 These are signs I won't want to miss if I or we are still alive then. .. will I be called ready for or faithful servant? I leave all judgment my own Life in the hands of God to where I should go in God’s Kingdom or out of His Kingdom according to His discernment. For that God knows our hearts better than we know our own..

Many say they are already saved with no doubt. But I say I don’t visibility see anyone's name in the Book of Life. It's not for me to know who is saved or not. I believe when we stand before God then we will know for certain..

But I do have a few friends like Joe and Janet, my guardian parents, role model Christians, married over 45 years, with 2 kids. One son teaching at church they believe will be saved. Yet it is still not my say. Let God declare these things on ‘The Day of The Lord’. :amen:

Edited by GlidingWings

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The phrase "day of the Lord" usually identifies events that take place at the end of history Isaiah 7:18-25.  and is often closely associated with the phrase "that day".Most people associate the day of the Lord with a period of time or a special day that will occur when God's will and purpose for His world and for mankind will be fullfilled.Some scholars believe that the day of the Lord will be a longer period of time than a single day-a period of time when Christ will reign throughout the world before He cleanses the heaven and earth a preparation for the eternal state of all mankind.Other scholars believe the day of the Lord will be an  instantaneous event when Christ returns to earth to redeem His faithful believers and send unbelievers to eternal damnation.

Besides being a time of judgment,it will also be a time of salvation as God will deliver the remnant of Israel,full filling His promise that "all of Israel will be saved" Romans 11:26,forgiving their sins and restoring His chosen people to the land He promised to Abraham Isaiah 10:27;Jeremiah 30:19-31,40.

The ultimate or final fullfillment of the prophecies concerning the day of the Lord will come at the end of history when God,with wonderous powers,will punish evil and fullfill His promises.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, all.

A day of the LORD is different than the Day of the LORD. A day of the LORD is the day when God has reached His breaking point and lowers the boom on those who have been ignoring His long-suffering and His offer of grace. This kind of day of the LORD is a day of judgment on a people for their sins. Many of the prophets in the Tanakh (OT) speak of such a day for the northern Kingdom of Isra'el - the "Ten Tribes" - when Sennacherib carted them off to Assyria, and a separate such day for the southern Kingdom of Y'hudah or Judah - The two (or three) tribes left - when Nebuchadnezzar took them captive to Babylon.

The ULTIMATE Day of the LORD is different than these "last straw" days. THAT Day of the LORD will be a thousand-year Day! It will be a Day in which the LORD returns to Isra'el and establishes His Kingdom in the hands of His Anointed, Yeshua`, and reigns over Y'hudah, Isra'el, and the world THROUGH Him! Not until the END of that Day will He punish the unjust after the judgment and sentencing of the Great White Throne Judgment.

Therefore, not all prophecies about the "day of the Lord" are indeed about the end of the age. One must carefully consider the context of any verses that mention a "day of the Lord." Furthermore, one must understand that the "day of the Lord" is NEVER about "Sunday!"

The Day of the Lord

26/31 in Tanakh (OT)

Yesha`yahu (4x)

Isaiah 2:12

12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

KJV

Isaiah 13:6

6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

KJV

Isaiah 13:9

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

KJV

Isaiah 34:8

8 For it is the day of the LORD'S vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.

KJV

Yirmeyahu (2x)

Jeremiah 46:10

10 For this is the day of the LORD God of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the LORD God of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

KJV

Lamentations 2:22

22 Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.

KJV

Yechezk’el (2x)

Ezekiel 13:5

5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD.

KJV

Ezekiel 30:3

3 For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

KJV

Yo’el (5x)

Joel 1:15

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

KJV

Joel 2:1

2 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

KJV

Joel 2:11

11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

KJV

Joel 2:31

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

KJV

Joel 3:14

14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

KJV

Amowts (3x)

Amos 5:18

18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

KJV

Amos 5:20

20 Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?

KJV

`Ovadyahu (1x)

Obadiah 15

15 For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.

KJV

Tsefanyahu (7x)

Zephaniah 1:7

7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the LORD God: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.

KJV

Zephaniah 1:8

8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD'S sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

KJV

Zephaniah 1:14

14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

KJV

Zephaniah 1:18

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

KJV

Zephaniah 2:2

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you.

KJV

Zephaniah 2:3

3 Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

KJV

Z’kharyahu (1x)

Zechariah 14:1

14 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

KJV

Malachiy (1x)

Malachi 4:5

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

KJV

5/31 in Brit Chadashah (NT)

Lukas (Luke)

Acts 2:20

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

KJV

Sha’uwl (Paul)

1 Corinthians 5:5

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

KJV

2 Corinthians 1:14

14 As also ye have acknowledged us in part, that we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are ours in the day of the Lord Jesus.

KJV

1 Thessalonians 5:2

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

KJV

Shim`own Kefa (Simon Cephas [Peter])

2 Peter 3:10

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

KJV

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

the day of the Lord will come at unawares

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I guess what concerns me most is the deception.  I don't want to be deceived.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

the day of the Lord will come at unawares

Not for those who are God's people.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-4

For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord [a]will come just like a thief in the night. While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then [b]destruction [c]will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you [d]like a thief;

Amen for that.  So keep watching, praying and studying so that you are not one of those who are left in darkness.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

To Argosy I know what you mean about watching Satan’s the Devil’s moves. I used to spend hours a day reading about any signs article o Waiting Thanks for observations to keep ourselves vigilant as Jesus commands us” Take Heed” Therefore watch these things. To take watch is not an option to choose or not. It really is God’s commandment to do so only of course Believers who know what to watch for. But it did not mean Jesus said to keep CNN 24 hours disaster watch. :crazy:

To Kwik. I am glad you are at peace now with God. Sounds to me no longer much that you are shaken or troubled in your mind. You are obeying the Thessalonian chapter 2 commandment do not be troubled or shaken in your mind. As Paul also wanted them to not be walking in terrific fear.

I think one important thing of the Day of the Lord is “ Be Right with God or get Left Behind’ I know that is a Tim La Hayes cliché. But really it is true. God wants us to be right with him and that helps us to make us ready for the Day of the Lord. God will judge our hearts and minds and that will mean more than anything when it comes to personal salivation.

I wish I had confidence as Kwik. But really I don’t.. I still feel some anxiety how bad the end times will be and how great this Judgment. But I guess I can say I have improved. I’m trying to plan some things out which has built some confidence to show I will be resisting or rather us the End time Beast system. So we are practicing right now how to resist this. I'm learning all the prophecy books as much as I can. When we have seen or heard these things taking place I know we're now in the Bible how far we have come along. I have created a somewhat radar as to how far we are now and how to recognize those signs.

As for Jesus kingdom witness post Matt 24:29 These are signs I won't want to miss if I or we are still alive then. .. will I be called ready for or faithful servant? I leave all judgment my own Life in the hands of God to where I should go in God’s Kingdom or out of His Kingdom according to His discernment. For that God knows our hearts better than we know our own..

Many say they are already saved with no doubt. But I say I don’t visibility see anyone's name in the Book of Life. It's not for me to know who is saved or not. I believe when we stand before God then we will know for certain..

Only the Father knows what day the Lord will come for His church. That part has little or nothing to do with satan.

We are told in Luke to pray that we be counted worthy to escape all the things that are to come upon the earth.

The reason that you have fear is that you are spending your time focusing on the enemy and what he might do. Instead focus on God and what He does on our behalf. If Christ lives in you and you in Him, He will give you the courage you need when the time comes. Not now. You can only walk on the water as Peter did by keeping your eyes on Jesus. As soon as your look at the world and the dangers around you you will sink. So stop it!

You will know if you are saved by the reassurance of the Holy Spirit in your heart crying Daddy! to God our Father. When we live in communion with our Lord, we don't have fear about our salvation. We have already fully surrendered our lives to God.

To have faith we read the scriptures, especially the New Testament Gospels and Epistles. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. So read them out loud if you must.

But stop reading LaHay and all the other books. They don't seem to be building you up in the faith and encouraging you. Ignore books about the enemy. You are far too preoccupied with the end times portion. Just totally surrender your life to Christ to do with as He wills. Learn to recognize the voice of the Lord and obey His voice. It will never contradict scripture. It is full of love and reassurance. You need to prepare by learning to walk in the Holy Spirit, and by continually being refilled with the Holy Spirit. By doing this you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh and your faith will also grow.

Cling to God's excedingly great and precious promises and grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Read Ephesians 8 and Phillippeans 4. God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim. 1:7 Above everything else, learn to love the unlovable as God does, saying Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.

God does not give us the grace and courage to meet hard situation before we need it. He gives it all during our lives as we face daily situations while leaning on His grace and strength. It is like a muscle that grows. So learn to live a godly life in Christ Jesus now. No matter how we die, should it be today while walking accross the street or in the future, pray that we may glorify God in our lives as well as in our deaths.