Hearing loss from church service?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

But the toilet paper sticking out of your ears might just make a statement beyond people thinking your nuts...  LoL

Just not when the preaching is on.

LoL...   I would hope it's not that loud then    LoL

Does anyone know if church services driven by loud music and amplified media have to conform to  standards and if anyone regularly checks them?  I have worked in industrial machine shops quieter than  the music service part  of many churches I have been to  to and I was forced to wear hearing protection at work for my own safety or get in trouble.  Are churches now damaging hearing in the congregation for the sake of entertainment and re the guys on the mixing desk taught  how to amplify sounds safely so church members  are not damaged in any way?

Imagine if one day a church got sued for it just like at work..

:thumbsup:

Yea~! And By An Old Concert Rock And Roll Fan To Boot  :24: :24: :24:

Must Not Be Pentecostal....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Personally to make a point I would take the Peltor ear muffs. The type used when cutting the grass. That is not necessary in any setting !! You are probably not the only on who feels that way !!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Churches really need to lay off the amplifiers if they're causing harm to the congregation.  :wacko:

I wouldn't go to my church when I had head pain from a concussion years ago.  Eventually I went back in with earplugs, back row of church.

What does God think of technology causing harm to those who would worship him.  Or being driven away from a church due to it?

There's a small church I went to for Easter in my home town recently, and the volume seems even worse in a small space.

At both churches on the comment cards, I've mentioned how bringing down amplifier volume (even if for only one service) would help some people.  

God can still hear us.  People will still sing.

No change yet, but I can pray.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Churches really need to lay off the amplifiers if they're causing harm to the congregation.  :wacko:

I wouldn't go to my church when I had head pain from a concussion years ago.  Eventually I went back in with earplugs, back row of church.

What does God think of technology causing harm to those who would worship him.  Or being driven away from a church due to it?

There's a small church I went to for Easter in my home town recently, and the volume seems even worse in a small space.

At both churches on the comment cards, I've mentioned how bringing down amplifier volume (even if for only one service) would help some people.  

Ever heard of the still small voice? God communicates best in quiet places not hysteria. 

Edited by Chris.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Occasionally I have sat with my fingers in my ears in hopes that the person in the sound booth would get the hint. But I have found that some sections are worse than others. Now they seem to have got new speakers and have placed they differently. And we now sit half way back and to the side.

I still worship best to music that does not drag. If it is too slow it either puts me to sleep or my mind wanders. So I like a faster, joyful tempo. It doesn't seem more holy if it is slow. It just gets boring. How are we worship in joy and triumph to music that sounds like a dirge?

But loud music in restraunts is just as bad. If you can't hear the person beside you and the waiter cant hear you, it is dangerous.

Some days I think the sound guys in some  services are attempting something like communication with the dead making sure it can be heard in heaven and below the church.

Edited by Chris.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

I am just thrilled to know that it is not just me!!!!!I have actually been going to church a half an hour late so that I miss most of the Praise Team Music at the beginning of Sunday Service.............& then if we have a "screaming" guest preacher I want to run out of the building!!!!I put my fingers in my ears......I like those "Hearos",anyone know where to find them?LOL-seriously!

It is really ridiculous because Our Lord can hear the music just fine,most times I think they are trying to project the sound to the 3rd Heaven!!!!!I

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessings Everyone

I am just thrilled to know that it is not just me!!!!!I have actually been going to church a half an hour late so that I miss most of the Praise Team Music at the beginning of Sunday Service.............& then if we have a "screaming" guest preacher I want to run out of the building!!!!I put my fingers in my ears......I like those "Hearos",anyone know where to find them?LOL-seriously!

It is really ridiculous because Our Lord can hear the music just fine,most times I think they are trying to project the sound to the 3rd Heaven!!!!!I

With love-in Christ,Kwik

You can buy ones like it at chemists. I got those off eBay.

What a briliant solution, avoid the music and roll up before the sermon! A good all round peacefull solution.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called children of God..and still be able to hear it!

Edited by Chris.

You can get the ear plugs at just about any drug store (aka chemist) or online through Amazon if you want to go that route.