IGNORED

Which version of the Bible do you prefer?

BeeThere

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi i have always used KJV, just referring back to Mark 9:29 Some Bibles have entirely omitted its witness Verse in Matthew 17:21 it seems the Devil is removing himself from the Word.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  98

Yes there is a War on. Gods people are called to War every-one else are prisoners of War.. Satan adds leaven where he can and corrupts the Word of God. We need to ask God for discernment and not our own understandings.

Glory to God

Edited by countingsheep

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The New World Translation is a Bible translation put out by the Jehovah's Witnesses.  It has a bias towards their religion.  One of my concerns has been that eventually, every denomination will put out a translation that slants things towards their major doctrinal positions.  The Catholics have a Catholic Bible that does that.  I have heard it read from during Mass, when they broadcast it on the Catholic Channel on the XM radio.  You can hear the way the text was altered to make it read the way they want it to. 

that does make sense kind of. Since others don't tend to include the apocrypha but catholics do so yeah it will cater towards their beliefs. Since there is differences of opinion on minor matters between other denominations then I don't see the same thing happening. Although never say never! Mind you the KJV was translated to to give authentication to leadership structure.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Short of burning in a lake of fire for eternity, do yourself a favor and pick up God's breathed inspired word, the KJV. If you have any other versions, throw them away, burn them, bury them, or throw them in the ocean so at judgement day, you won't be accountable for the effects of letting the Devil's bibles get into unsuspecting hands of innocent souls that could have had eternity in heaven.

Please provide the proof of what you assert. Especially the statement of burning in hell for reading anything else!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Obviously, there would be no sin in reading something else Fez.  The concern is that being led astray by false teaching can lead one into hell.  I am just glad that Trinitron, who had been arguing the other side, has now seen the light.  It reminds me of the words of a gospel song.  "Jesus gained a soul and Satan lost a good right arm."  One of the people that was working so hard to promote the devil's agenda has found the truth.  I applaud Trinitron for having the courage to admit he was wrong.  This is for Trinitron and his new found faith.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Or is pulling your leg and being passive aggressive/sarcastic. 

Truth be told, the Holy Spirit is the one who places the truth in us, not a book.  The bible is just text on a page. Without the Holy Spirit showing us the truth and working this truth into our lives, the words would mean little or nothing, confusing in many places.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Truly, false teaching is one of my biggest concerns, however, we need to keep God IN the equation...and the Holy Spirit as our Teacher and remember that we are not left alone to our own devices.

I doubt there is one single person in the entire globe...including everyone past, present and still to be born, that will never or has never, been decieved to some extent.  If left to our own understanding,

every one of us would perish.

Jesus speaks of Himself as being the Word...Genesis and the first chapter of John do also.  Do you know Jesus?  Have you broken the bread of life with Him?

I understand that without Him, without the Holy Spirit, I can understand everything but if do not have the actual life of the Son of God indwelling me, through the Spirit of God, then all my knowledge

and all my learning leave me as dumb as a donkey in the field...yet even a donkey can speak for God when God allows.

This I can say with certainty...I will never arrive no matter what version of the Bible I carry, read or put on my book shelf.  

I have never read, in ANY version...and I have a number and grew up on the KJV....that salvation comes through anything other than faith in Christ.  The unity of the faith seems to have concerned the

writers of the NT far more then pride in understanding....God looks on the heart....not the mind.  

I believe that the Holy Spirit knows what is in each of our hearts and the desire to know God and to what extant and that He will, in some manner best known to Him, guide us on the right path as

we humble ourselves before God and understand that irregardless of what is in our hands, if the Holy Spirit is not part of the equation, if we are depending on our minds only and our own understanding

of intelligence, we may very well miss the very thing we think we have.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  163

You tube has a really good debate on this subject.

Edited by RigMedic

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

I have what is known as the Parallel Bible. They have 4 different translations all together on one page. I really like it because you can compare verses side by side. They come in different groups of translations. It's not as thick as you might think. I provided a link to an Amazon page search for them.

That sounds like quite a good idea.

Thank you. I do have a good idea every once in a while.

Oh, and if you go to a bookstore and they don't have the 4 that you want all in one Bible, ask the if they can get those particular 4 together. You almost can always get at least the 3 you like best in one book with a 4th one to go along with them. There are SEVERAL options.

Edited by gigman7

• Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

In general it's the KJV or RKJV . There are times when I compare several version to note the differences: NIV, KJV, Amplified,NASB, and Message.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

what I read you saying here is that the Bible is not trustworthy...

I am saying that where there are differences between the New American Standard Version (and other newer versions) and the New King James version, I will take the NKJV, or Young's or the 1910 American Standard Version. I will take litteral translations over thought for thought versions like NIV.

But I would urge people to read any bible that they can understand. The Gospel is included in most of them. No translation is perfect but the Holy Spirit can still use them.

I do not trust the New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses or paraphrases like The Message..

What exactly is the New World translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses?

It is put out by the Watchtower society and is not in fact a translation.  In court the person who wrote it could not even identify the letters of the greek alphabet let alone translate any greek.    So the first chapter of John says that the Word was a god, and other areas are altered that affect the divinity of Christ since they believe He is just an angel.