IGNORED

What is the purpose of the judgement in Revelation 20?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Hello again Defending,

where Christ comes as the seventh angel

Can you share why you believe Christ is the seventh angel? The only place I've heard the idea of Christ as an angel is from Jehovah Witnesses. Thanks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello again Defending,

where Christ comes as the seventh angel

Can you share why you believe Christ is the seventh angel? The only place I've heard the idea of Christ as an angel is from Jehovah Witnesses. Thanks!

Yes.

Revelation 10:1-10

​And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

(The description of the Holy Angel is that of The Lord, because a cloud is a symbol of the heavenly hosts and the Son of Man is said to sit on the cloud Rev14:14-15. The rainbow upon his head is Christ's dominion Rev 4:3. His face is a brilliant radiance and feet as pillars of fire is mentioned about our Lord in Rev 1:14-15.)

And he had in his hand a little book open:

(Remember the little book that no one could open except the lamb. This is the book that is in the procession of the lamb Rev 5:1-6.)

and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

(This Holy Angel has ownership over all life which is represented by the sea and all the earth which is Genesis One. This Holy Angel is the Creator.)

And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

(A lion is a symbol of royalty and the lamb is the symbol of lion of the tribe of Judah Rev 5:5. When he speaks the seven thunders utter their voice, which identifies him as the Word of God.)

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

(No Angel can declare with all authority that there should be time no longer except the living word of God.)

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

(This Angel is the one who declared the mystery of God to HIS servants the prophets. This means that he is the Word of God, the Christ.)

And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

(This little book is the everlasting gospel.)

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

(The Angel gives the book to the apostle John to preach. When he eats up the message within the salvation message of the gospel it is sweat as honey. Yet when preaching it to the world it becomes bitter to the stomach because of the threat of persecution.)

And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

The seventh angel is The Lord.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,134
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Hogwash

Who are the other mighty angels who came down from heaven.   (Then I saw another mighty angel).  How many mighty angels are Christ?  He planted his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land.

Now about Christ:  Zech 14:4 - On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west...  This is the Second Coming - His feet touch the Mount of Olives, not one on the land and the other on the sea.  Jesus Christ is the creator of all thing, in heaven and on earth, whether seen or unseen, All things were created for Him and by Him.  The might angel of Rev 10 is lifting his hand toward Jesus Christ who is in Heaven.

In Christ

Montana Marv

When he roared like a lion the seven thunders uttered their voices. This is saying that the living word of God is speaking as they Alpha and Omega.

What a mighty God like Angel WoW!

I have been shown the vision friend there is no guessing, it is The Lord, for who can declare time no longer, except he be the creator of all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Why are they being judged according to their deeds? What is the purpose of this? I can't make sense of it.

I think you can get more of the details in Matthew chapter 25.

I personally think this judgement is for those people who never heard of the gospel and are judged by the way they lived their lives.

That is only my personal conjecture putting the two together....   it just fits right to me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings other one.....

Short ,sweet & to the point......I agree.You said something earlier and I was really blown away,a real eye opener(for me),I never heard it explained quite like you did,,,,,I keep losing my place when I try to go back to find it. I am talking about Jesus being the only Way to the Father.....I think you said by through Him means only He can determine who will & who will not be saved...as in "His Judgement?"

Would you mind explaining again,I am biting at the bit!!!Good stuff ,other one!                                            With love,Kwik

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Why are they being judged according to their deeds? What is the purpose of this? I can't make sense of it.

Firstly the Genesis earthly realm and heaven is dissolved, meaning it is erased from existence. This is the climax to the end of the world and existence as human beings on earth. This is when the seventh angel blows the seventh trumpet and declares time no longer.

Therefore is is at the end of the millennium time given to the two symbolic witnesses to preach the everlasting gospel to the ends of the earth, then the end will come. The two symbolic witnesses are all the faithful who hold the testimony of Jesus. Therefore we can discern that these symbolic two witnesses have been preaching when Jesus commissioned the disciples in the great commission to preach the gospel to the world. From the 1st hour workmen to the 11th the gospel will be preached until satan martyrs the church. Thus far the symbolic two witnesses have been preaching for almost 2000 years and the gospel has spread far and wide in all the earth.

The two books that are opened are the book of life and the book of the condemned. Just remember that the reaping of the great harvest of God or the first resurrection encompasses the time period when the two symbolic witnesses are preaching the gospel and being killed in numbers throughout the world and throughout all generations.

The expression the dead who remained dead after their earthly bodies died and who had no part in the resurrection of the dead (first resurrection) are now facing the final judgement, that is of the wicked, which is to second death, the death of the soul in the lake of fire, this is why scripture states that at the end both death and hell shall be cast into the lake of fire. At this point all those who were written in the book of life have already entered in as guests to the wedding supper of the lamb of God and those that remained dead serving time in hell have waited out the symbolic millennium to then finally be executed in the lake of fire. At this point death is no longer in play because all humans are dead and those serving in hell can not continue passed this point,so they are annihilated / erased forever.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Many will stand before him believing they will be vindicated of wrong doing and will find out the hard way that they did not know him. If he lives in you right now then they have the chance to both know him through you and then in themselves. You either know him or you do not. That is all that matters. To know him is to have him in you and to be in him. Have you put him on and wear him as a garment? Do you sup with him and he with you?

Judgement will always be the same for everyone. Did you accept or reject him when he came to you no matter what shape or form he came in.

I can tell you that I have been one used to introduce people to Jesus and watched as they rejected him and thought his ways evil and not good. There will be those at the judgement who I bore witness of Christ in me unto them plainly showing them of the father who will ultimately be condemned for rejecting him in me.

God help us all to be more like him.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

Firstly the Genesis earthly realm and heaven is dissolved, meaning it is erased from existence. This is the climax to the end of the world and existence as human beings on earth. This is when the seventh angel blows the seventh trumpet and declares time no longer.

Therefore is is at the end of the millennium time given to the two symbolic witnesses to preach the everlasting gospel to the ends of the earth, then the end will come. The two symbolic witnesses are all the faithful who hold the testimony of Jesus. Therefore we can discern that these symbolic two witnesses have been preaching when Jesus commissioned the disciples in the great commission to preach the gospel to the world. From the 1st hour workmen to the 11th the gospel will be preached until satan martyrs the church. Thus far the symbolic two witnesses have been preaching for almost 2000 years and the gospel has spread far and wide in all the earth.

The two books that are opened are the book of life and the book of the condemned. Just remember that the reaping of the great harvest of God or the first resurrection encompasses the time period when the two symbolic witnesses are preaching the gospel and being killed in numbers throughout the world and throughout all generations.

The expression the dead who remained dead after their earthly bodies died and who had no part in the resurrection of the dead (first resurrection) are now facing the final judgement, that is of the wicked, which is to second death, the death of the soul in the lake of fire, this is why scripture states that at the end both death and hell shall be cast into the lake of fire. At this point all those who were written in the book of life have already entered in as guests to the wedding supper of the lamb of God and those that remained dead serving time in hell have waited out the symbolic millennium to then finally be executed in the lake of fire. At this point death is no longer in play because all humans are dead and those serving in hell can not continue passed this point,so they are annihilated / erased forever.

HOW did you get that the earth disappears at the 7th Angel? John covers that even after the 1000 years is finished, yet John covers the 7th trumpet as a MIDPOINT event in the 70th week. Therefore, your timing is WRONG. You are WRONG AGAIN; there is not one hint that the lake of fire annihilates forever. On the other hand, there are many verses that deny such a theory. All humans will live or exist as long as God exists. They will SUFFER forever.

LAMAD

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

If, as a nonbeliever, you were judged by your works, how would you do?

-if judged by biblical standards, you'd obviously fail (all have sinned and fallen short, etc)

-I suggest, even if judged by your own standards, whatever they may be, you will still fall short.

By the most lenient standard you can devise, man is without excuse if he denies the free gift of Christ's redemption.

Tangentially, this is the point of the final Gog/Magog battle- that even after a thousand years without satan's influence, men will still have a sin nature, and will still choose to follow a leader and rebel against God.

Everybody falls short but you don't have to get 100% in an exam to pass it. If being judged by your works means balancing the good against the bad and the good outweighs the bad then you might pass the test. Just saying.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is we are told that faith not works gives us salvation and no amount of good works will get you salvation if you haven't accepted Jesus.

Good point. Jesus Christ is the ONLY doorway to heaven. Note that "the books" were opened but also the book of Life was opened. It is the Lamb's book, and the only way to get your name there was to accept Jesus Christ [the Lamb of God] as their Savior. These being judged came from hell anyway. I think God will show them (by their works) exactly WHY they are doomed to the lake of fire. Each one will have NO DOUBT as to why.

LAMAD