IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus admitted to working on the sabbath, so if it's still a rule,  or a sin. then we are all in a lot of trouble.

Hi Other one,

Again you miss the point that Jesus was performing the priestly function, as I've mentioned before. He is quite clear that priests performing the work of God are exempt from working because the work itself is the work of God and not servile work.

In Christ, Pat

You are still not addressing the points I am making.  For one, you still have provided NO evidence from Scripture that God requires the Church to keep the Sabbath Day.  In addition, your examples so far from the New Testament only apply to extra-biblical rules and man made regulations.

so far there is nothing in your responses to convince me that God still expects me to keep the Sabbath Day which was only commanded to Israel.  Still waiting for that evidence.

Hi once more Shiloh,

Who is not addressing your questions? You asked me to show you where the military were exempted, mocked my first example to you, so then I gave you another; which you simply ignored and chose not to answer. I also provided much evidence from Scripture that God not only stated that the Sabbath observance was "perpetual", but it is integral to the 10 commandments. Also the Scriptures even infer that Gentiles are to partake in the Sabbath Worship just as the Jews were. That was just in case someone thinks "perpetual" is only for Jews. Of course few would hardly argue that refraining from murder, stealing, committing adultery and the other commandments is mere poppycock, so why exactly are you singling out the Sabbath again?

I want to make it perfectly clear that I absolutely have nothing to gain here by telling everyone why the Scriptures have convinced me of this. In fact I did not always believe this as a Christian until I studied this more deeply than I previously did. I also don't expect to convince others of my opinion but I do pray that people will at least search the Scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to convince them of His truth. If God is telling you something different than so be it. So this is a matter of conscience nor some trivial debate for me. Again, I'm simply trying to state what I believe the Scriptures say, which is what we were asked to do regarding our understanding of the Sabbath. I'm simply trying to follow Scripture here myself and always believe God can provide me or anyone else with His light of understanding if we ask for it. However, that said I certainly don't believe you have proved or given substantive arguments to the contrary that the exegesis of these Scriptures are unfounded on my part.

Not just for Jews but for Gentiles

Isaiah 56:2

Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it;

Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

Do not let the son of the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD speak, saying,

"The LORD has utterly separated me from His people";

nor let the eunuch say,"Here I am, a dry tree."

For thus says the LORD: "To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold fast My covenant,

Even to them I will give in My house and within My walls a place and a name

Better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name

That shall not be cut off. Also the sons of the foreigner who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him,

And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants— everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,

And holds fast My covenant— even them I will bring to My holy mountain,

And make them joyful in My house of prayer.

Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices

Will be accepted on My altar;

For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."

Jesus quotes the last verse of this passage from Isaiah Himself when He threw the moneychangers out of the temple, the temple being a foreshadow of the temple, which is Jesus Himself. I end on an exhortation.

Hebrews 10:25

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

In Christ, Pat

Edited by Macs Son

Guest shiloh357

You are still not addressing the points I am making.  For one, you still have provided NO evidence from Scripture that God requires the Church to keep the Sabbath Day.  In addition, your examples so far from the New Testament only apply to extra-biblical rules and man made regulations.

so far there is nothing in your responses to convince me that God still expects me to keep the Sabbath Day which was only commanded to Israel.  Still waiting for that evidence.

Hi once more Shiloh,

Who is not addressing your questions? You asked me to show you where the military were exempted, mocked my first example to you, so then I gave you another; which you simply ignored and chose not to answer.

You didn't give any examples of the military being exempt from the Sabbath.  You provided an example of David and his men (who were fugitives not an army) who took the bread from the tabernacle while running from Saul.  That has nothing to do with the military being exempt from the Sabbath.

Jesus used that example to defend His disciples from the accusation that they were violating the Sabbath when they weren't; they were violating rabbinical rules.  I didn't mock your answer.  I refuted it.  Your comparison is an attempt to force a passage to address what it wasn't meant to address.

Your second example didn't need a response because it was the Lord who fought for Israel.

I also provided much evidence from Scripture that God not only stated that the Sabbath observance was "perpetual", but it is integral to the 10 commandments. Also the Scriptures even infer that Gentiles are to partake in the Sabbath Worship just as the Jews were.

There is nothing in the OT about the Church age.  So there cannot be any OT passages that say that the Sabbath is for the Church or believers in Jesus.  Gentiles who choose to join themselves to the Jewish nation are bound to observe the Sabbath Day, according to the law. 

Also the Scriptures even infer that Gentiles are to partake in the Sabbath Worship just as the Jews were. That was just in case someone thinks "perpetual" is only for Jews.

It says no such thing in reference to the Church.   You are taking "Gentile" and super-imposing "Church" onto that word.  It is talking about Gentiles who choose to embrace the covenant.  The Scriptures nowhere say that Gentiles are bound to Sabbath observance like Israel was.   You are, again, grasping at straws.

Of course few would hardly argue that refraining from murder, stealing, committing adultery and the other commandments is mere poppycock, so why exactly are you singling out the Sabbath again?

The Bible treats the Sabbath day differently.  There is no commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath day.  All of the other 10 commandments are repeated as commandments to the Church.  The Sabbath day is never commanded as NT observance, even once.   You are relying on OT passages that have nothing to do with the Church or Church age to impose an observance that is not required for Christians.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I absolutely have nothing to gain here by telling everyone why the Scriptures have convinced me of this. In fact I did not always believe this as a Christian until I studied this more deeply than I previously did.

Well you need to keep studying, because your exegesis is way off kilter.

However, that said I certainly don't believe you have proved or given substantive arguments to the contrary that the exegesis of these Scriptures are unfounded on my part.

I have responded to the texts where I felt I needed to respond.   The fact is that you STILL have not provided ONE text that says that the Church is expected to keep the Sabbath.   Your argument remains unsupported at this point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

16)  Let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a Holy Day, or of the New Moon, or of the Sabbaths;

17)  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17 

From the above passage we see that the Sabbath, was a shadow of things to come, but the Body which is another way of saying the Church is of Christ,         I Corinthians 12.  So that now believers in Christ can't say that another does not honor the Sabbath, because we in the Body/Church are of Christ.  Who not only calls Himself our Rest, but also the Lord of the Sabbath.

28)  Come to Me, all ye that labor, and heavy laden, and I will give you Rest.

29)  Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me: for I Am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find Rest unto your souls.

30)   For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

So we see Jesus telling us, that we will find our true Rest in Him.  Just eight verses later Jesus calls Himself the Lord of the Sabbath.

For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:8

Christ Jesus is proclaiming to His followers both Jews here, and later for us Gentiles that no day can truly give us the Rest our souls need, but  that He as the Lord of the Sabbath can, thru the power of the Holy Spirit.

To whom He said, This is the Rest with which ye may cause the weary to Rest; and this the Refreshing; yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 26:12

Then the writer of Hebrews also addresses Christ as our Rest/Sabbath.

9)   There remaineth therefore a Rest to the people of God.

10)  For he that hath entered into His Rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

Hebrews 4:9-10

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His works which God created and made.

Genesis 2:3

Just as God had cease from the 6 days of creation, and His Holy work, and rested on the 7th day, so we as Christians are to cease from our own filthy works, and trust in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ; John 19:30; Hebrews 10:12-19; which will allow God to produce His good work in us thru the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 2:10.

Just my thoughts, but I do try to honor the Friday night to Saturday night, Sabbath, just think it very unwise to tell others to honor something that was a shadow of Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus admitted to working on the sabbath, so if it's still a rule,  or a sin. then we are all in a lot of trouble.

Hi Other one,

Again you miss the point that Jesus was performing the priestly function, as I've mentioned before. He is quite clear that priests performing the work of God are exempt from working because the work itself is the work of God and not servile work.

In Christ, Pat

Yes you have stated that before, and I still say that you are twisting that scripture with you mind to make it something that it's not.   The Jews told him that he was wrong for working on the Sabbath and he said that he was working and the Father was too.   He didn't tell them that they were wrong and he was doing something different, he admitted to the Jews that he was actually working on the Sabbath. 

Now you can rationalize that away any way you want to to settle that in your mind, but the Word plainly says that he was working on the Sabbath.  He agreed with the Jews that he was doing what they accused him of.

Hi Other one,

In Christ, Pat

Yes you have stated that before, and I still say that you are twisting that scripture with you mind to make it something that it's not.   The Jews told him that he was wrong for working on the Sabbath and he said that he was working and the Father was too.   He didn't tell them that they were wrong and he was doing something different, he admitted to the Jews that he was actually working on the Sabbath. 

Now you can rationalize that away any way you want to to settle that in your mind, but the Word plainly says that he was working on the Sabbath.  He agreed with the Jews that he was doing what they accused him of.

I am NOT twisting Scripture!

What does "perpetual" mean to you?

16)  Let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a Holy Day, or of the New Moon, or of the Sabbaths;

17)  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Colossians 2:16-17 

From the above passage we see that the Sabbath, was a shadow of things to come, but the Body which is another way of saying the Church is of Christ,         I Corinthians 12.  So that now believers in Christ can't say that another does not honor the Sabbath, because we in the Body/Church are of Christ.  Who not only calls Himself our Rest, but also the Lord of the Sabbath.

28)  Come to Me, all ye that labor, and heavy laden, and I will give you Rest.

29)  Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me: for I Am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find Rest unto your souls.

30)   For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

So we see Jesus telling us, that we will find our true Rest in Him.  Just eight verses later Jesus calls Himself the Lord of the Sabbath.

For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.

Matthew 12:8

Christ Jesus is proclaiming to His followers both Jews here, and later for us Gentiles that no day can truly give us the Rest our souls need, but  that He as the Lord of the Sabbath can, thru the power of the Holy Spirit.

To whom He said, This is the Rest with which ye may cause the weary to Rest; and this the Refreshing; yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 26:12

Then the writer of Hebrews also addresses Christ as our Rest/Sabbath.

9)   There remaineth therefore a Rest to the people of God.

10)  For he that hath entered into His Rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

Hebrews 4:9-10

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His works which God created and made.

Genesis 2:3

Just as God had cease from the 6 days of creation, and His Holy work, and rested on the 7th day, so we as Christians are to cease from our own filthy works, and trust in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ; John 19:30; Hebrews 10:12-19; which will allow God to produce His good work in us thru the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 2:10.

Just my thoughts, but I do try to honor the Friday night to Saturday night, Sabbath, just think it very unwise to tell others to honor something that was a shadow of Christ Jesus.

I already answered this in a previous post #48 point -4.

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you … with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ" (Colossians 2:16-17).

At first glance Paul seems to be stating Sabbath day but a closer look at the context is not the Sabbath of perpetuity that the Lord gave for an integral ordinance within the 10 commandments. I believe the Sabbaths here were the Sabbaths of the Day of Atonement, feast of tabernacles, etc, that foreshadowed Christ. Now that Christ has come our atonement is through Him. Now that Christ has come our tabernacle is in Him. I do not think, however, that breaking or desecrating the Sabbath is okay from what I'm reading here; any more than being a Christian and murdering someone, stealing from someone, or committing adultery is somehow something that God would wink at. Keeping these things will not get me to heaven for I've already broken these commands but the perfect One who did fulfill the Law atoned these sins. That said should we continue in sin, as Paula says? God forbid. Keeping the Sabbath from what I've been able to glean is just as important as honoring thy father and mother and staying clear of covetness, etc. Now as far as I know the Sabbath was kept by Christians for 19 centuries. But there are 19th century sources that infer it is to be kept as well.

"the Sabbath"--Omit "THE," which is not in the Greek (compare Note, see on JF & B for Galatians 4:10).

"SABBATHS" (not "the sabbaths") of the day of atonement and feast of tabernacles have come to an end with the Jewish services to which they belonged ( Lev 23:32, 37-39 ). The weekly sabbath rests on a more permanent foundation, having been instituted in Paradise to commemorate the completion of creation in six days. Leviticus 23:38 expressly distinguished "the sabbath of the Lord" from the other sabbaths.

A positive precept is right because it is commanded, and ceases to be obligatory when abrogated; a moral precept is commanded eternally, because it is eternally right. If we could keep a perpetual sabbath, as we shall hereafter, the positive precept of the sabbath, one in each week, would not be needed. Hebrews 4:9, "rests," Greek, "keeping of sabbath" ( Isaiah 66:23 ). But we cannot, since even Adam, in innocence, needed one amidst his earthly employments; therefore the sabbath is still needed and is therefore still linked with the other nine commandments, as obligatory in the spirit, though the letter of the law has been superseded by that higher spirit of love which is the essence of law and Gospel alike ( Romans 13:8-10 ).]

Hope the references help brother

In Christ, Pat

So for those who are accusing me of twisting the Scriptures it follows that they also probably think Jamieson, Fausset & Brown and Charles Spurgeon did too.

Amazing!

Guest shiloh357

Removed personal attack - Fez

No, unsupported due to your poor exegesis of the OT and due to the fact that you have not provided ONE NT text that shows that the Church is required to keep the Sabbath.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Exodus 31:13, 16-17 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; NKJV

This was a covenant between God and the Jewish people, the descendants of Jacob/Israel. It is not meant for gentiles or non Hebrew peoples. As a Christian I do not observe seventh day Sabbaths.

Lev. 25:2-7, v4 but in the seventh year there shall be a Sabbath of solomn rest for the land, a Sabbath of solomn rest to the Lord. You shall neither sow your field nor prune your vineyard. NKJV

This Sabbath was again for the children of Israel, and it is for breaking this Sabbath that they were sent into bondage in Babylon for 70 years. As a gentile I am not required to stop mowing my grass or trimming my fruit trees during the seventh year.

Col. 2:16 Let no man judge you in food or drink, or regarding a festaval or a new moon or sabbaths,

This means celebrating Christmas, First Fruits (Easter) Saturday or Sunday. We are not to judge each other about such matters.

Rom. 14:5 One person esteems one day above another, another esteems every day.

Hebrews 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. NKJV

Note that works is plural. It is not good works, works of the flesh or works of the law, it is any works. To me works means the self effort of trying to be good enough or worthy of heaven. When we cease from our own efforts and allow Christ to live in us, we have ceased from our works. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. Gal 2:20 Only Christ will ever be worthy of heaven.

Blessings,

Willa

I will comment on what I see here. Exodus 31:13, 16-17 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; NKJV

This was a covenant between God and the Jewish people, the descendants of Jacob/Israel. It is not meant for gentiles or non Hebrew peoples. As a Christian I do not observe seventh day Sabbaths.

So you say that the Commandments of God are just for the Jewish people? What about the other people on this earth? Is God only a God for the Jewish nation or is God a God for all the people?

The jewish people were saved if they were able to keep the commandments perfectly.  But Abraham was declaired righteous because he trusted God and had faith.  This is also how David and others were also justified---by their faith.  We also are declared righteous and justified by our faith.  No one can go to heaven by keeping the commandments but Jesus the Man.  

While Jesus was on earth He was also God.  He left His position with the Father when He humbled Himself and became a servant and a Man Who died on the cross.  But He was also still God.  And when He arose from the dead and ascended into heaven, God the Father restored Him to a position at His right hand.  That is why Jesus was called Emmanuel, which means God With Us.  In John 8:58 He said Jesus said to them, :Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.".   I AM IS THE NAME GOD CALLED HIMSELF WHEN MOSES ASKED HIM WHO waS SENDING HIM TO PHAROH.  SO JESUS IS CALLING HIMSELF GOD WHILE HE IS IN THE FLESH.  HE IS NOT FATHER GOD.  HE IS GOD THE SON IN HUMAN FLESH.  Son was also the Creator:  Colossians 1:15-16  He is the image of the invisible God---.For by Him all things are created that are in heaven and on earth---,  All things are created through Him and for Him.  God the Son, God the Father, and God the Spirit are ONE God. 

Hebrews 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. NKJV

So, if the Jewish nation is God's people, where do I fit in this picture. Am I not part of God's family?

When your repent of being a sinner and turn to Christ for forgiveness by faith and trust Him as crucified and risen Lord, you receive the Holy Spirit and are born again.  Then God adopts you into His family.  So yes, we all, Jews and non Jews, can all become part of God's family by faith.  Then we also must live by faith.  Romans 2:21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in fain.  3:2 Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by the hearing of faith?  3.  Are you so foolish?  Having begun by the Spirit are you now being made perfect by the flesh?  10, For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "cursed is everyone who does not continue in ALL the things written in the books of the law, to do them."  11. But that no one is justified by the works of the law is evident, for "the just shall live by his faith".   

We live by faith that God gave us HIS righteousness when Jesus died on the cross for us.  We rest in that fact.  It is our rest.  We stop trying hard to be good and realize that God already considers us perfect.  We are free to love others and allow Him in us to love and forgive others.  The old Testament/covenant was with the Jews.  The New Testament/covenant was made by Jesus Christ, God in Human Flesh, and is made for all peoples.  

Read Romans Chapter nine to understand becoming part of God's family.

Please explain Rom 9:24-27. Am I right that I can be seen as a child of God if I am not Jewish?

Absolutely you are a child of God if you do those things.  When you believe in your heart that the Father raised Jesus from the dead and you confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and actually mean it, he will send the Holy Spirit to dwell within you and you are to be called a son of God for you have been spiritually born into the family of God.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

There are many arguments about which day is the Sabbath day and whether it is still valid or not today. Any opinions? I use the Bible KJV and only texts from the Bible must be provided please to prove your point.

The Sabbath day is from friday evening to saturday evening.   But Jesus is the true Sabbath.   When I got saved, I entered into His rest.  I don't need the sabbath day when I have Jesus.
So you also agree that the Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening. I do not understand how you can say Jesus is the true Sabbath. The Sabbath is God's rest. How can Jesus be God's rest? Jesus is God's son. If we need to rest on the Sabbath like God, then we should rest on the Saturday, right?
Jesus is also God. He also was our Creator, with the Father and the Holy Spirit. They are one God.

Jesus rested from His work when He said "it is finished and died on the cross. He had obeyed our Father perfectly and He had kept all the commandments perfectly on our behalf.. He had paid for our sin on the cross and had put His righteousness on our account sheet. He had purchased us back from Satan with His blood. He also ratified the new covenant with His blood. The new covenant is all about what Jesus did for us, and not about anything we can do. By grace you have saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a GIFT of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 When we believe in Christ we trust Him and rely on Him.

When we turn from our sinful life to God for forgiveness, He gives us His own Spirit and His own life to live in us. We are born again.

He gives us new desires to want to live a life that brings Him praise. We are adopted into His family. No one has to keep the commandments to be saved. We want to keep them because we are already saved. God demonstrated His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

Most Christians celebrate resurrection Sunday, First Fruits in the Jewish calandar and Easter Sunday in ours, and make Sunday our day of worship and rest for that reason. But there is nothing wrong in keeping Saturday. Paul spoke frequently of speaking to the Jews on Saturday mornings and speaking to the gentiles saturday afternoon and evening after sunset till midnight. Saturday evening was considered the first day to the Jews. He spoke of taking up an offering for the poor on the first day of the week when they were gathered together.

I hope this helps to clear up your confusion.

Willa

WilIa, Thanks for your reply. I have read many of the articles that were posted on this site as was suggested by some members and there are many different views, some that makes sense and others very confusing. 

I believe the following. Jesus was God. He has given up His Godly status when He became man. He died as man and was resurrected as man and is now sitting on the right hand side of God as man, as the High Priest.There are now two separate entities. The Holy Spirit on this earth did not exist until Jesus was resurrected. God's powers worked through Jesus Christ when He was on earth, and He received it when He was baptized. Only the people that accept Jesus Christ in their lives, the born again, receives this same power from Jesus Christ to work on earth ie. the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is the only way to God. Man cannot go direct to God by cutting Jesus out of the picture. I further believe that when you have accepted Jesus Christ in your life, He has written the law of God on your heart which means that you will want to live out the law that God has given to us as the law of God is the clear indication of what pure love is. Pure love to love God and to your neighbour. By not using His Name in vain, and not carving out statues and pray to them, and holding the Sabbath, your show your pure love to God, by not stealing, murdering, coveting etc, you show your pure love towards your neighbour. God was very specific with His Commandments, and He does not make mistakes, to show what this pure love is. If He thought that we could use any day to rest He would not have mentioned it in the Commandments, but He spesifically mentioned Sabbath, and that is linked to the first seventh day of creation, which incidentally was holied and blessed by God Himself, and this seven day cycle has never changed from creation up to now. The Saturday is the Sabbath and it is still valid and in line with God's Commandments and still needs to be respected, if we love God. Paul has also said that the Commandments be held until Jesus comes again and John said that nothing of the Commandments may be changed.There are many quotes in the Bible that if we love God, we will keep the Commandments, all of them, and not nine out of ten.

Satan is the master deceiver. He does not want people to be saved, to be children of God. That is why he is using his agents to spread the lies or theories, to create doubt in mankind's mind. His first victim was Eve and he tried his deception with Jesus Christ but failed, and that all by twisting the Word of God. We need to be very aware of what is being said and to compare it to God's Word and to see whether it is twisted or not. Satan is doing this as he knows that he has no chance in heaven anymore, and that he is going to be destroyed by fire and brimstone. He is doing everything in his power to destroy mankind as they still have a chance to enter the gates of heaven. The only way for mankind to survive these attacks from Satan, is to love and obey God, and God has given us the guidelines, the Ten Commandments. 

People are deceived if they believe that God the Son and the risen ascended Christ are two different entities.  That is not the Christian faith.  They are one God from the time Jesus was born as God With Us Emmanuel.  He was God the Son in human flesh on earth.  

Satan will be overcome by the Blood of Christ and the word of our testimonies (as to our relationship with God). We can only testify to our experience in court.  

Satan is never overcome by how well we keep the 10 commandments.  As you said, they are guidelines, not the law that we must uphold to make it into heaven.  People are deceived if they believe we must keep the sabbath to keep from going to hell.  

Brother, I am deeply concerned that you have been misguided.  

Blessings,

Willa