Logan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

So touching...and precious when i read your masterpiece. Truly from the heart. You are young...but even I could learn a lot from you. :)

and yes,,by God's grace, I will adopt a child. It has always been my intention to do so when the time comes...

Take care and God bless, my brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

You sound like one really cool kid Logan!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:thumbsup:

Hallelujah~!

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption,

whereby we cry,

Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

~

Beloved~!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

A friend asked me something the other day that really made me think.

He said, "Do you think being adopted has had an effect on the way you see God, as opposed to someone who wasn't?"

When he asked me that, my first thought was, "No, it's nothing special.  God's the same to everyone."

However, the more I think about that, the more I realize it isn't true.

Some people put God in a box; they believe that He can't possibly solve their problems.

Some people are still trying to "win" Him over by their good deeds, though they have been believers for years.

Many people see someone altogether different, although we're all looking at the same God.

I realize that I will never, ever understand God, because His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.

(Isaiah 55:9)

With that being said, one thing I have learned about God is that He truly loves all of His children.

"How deep the Father's love for us How vast,beyond all measure."

That He should give His ONLY son To make a wretch His treasure"

How true that song is.

He loves us SO much, that it simply cannot be measured.  

He only had one begotten Son. He gave him up, sacrificed a part of Himself, to make all of us wretched, hopeless people His treasure.

That sure does sound like adoption to me. Giving up parts of yourself to treasure a child that wasn't yours from the beginning.

Another characteristic of God reflected by adoption: unconditional love.

If you've been adopted, and you didn't receive unconditional love from that, my heart hurts for you.

I did receive that, and it truly is amazing.

I pushed my parents away time and again, and I know I hurt them deeply with my rejection.

But don't we do that to God every day? And He never gives up.

Thank God they didn't give up on me. 

Consider this:

Do you think that a child, or anyone for that matter, can comprehend a God that gives unconditional love,

that will never give up no matter how many times we push Him away,

that will NEVER abandon us, if they've never been shown it?

I don't. My adoption HAS changed the way I see God.

You see, when someone has been abandoned, they have all these doubts and insecurities.

Being adopted didn't magically fix this. My understanding of what that truly means, with my parents and with God, did.

No magic. Just the understanding that I was chosen, even though I felt that there must be something wrong with me.

My parents chose me. God chose me, although I am dirty, shameful, and inadequate.

I revel in that! How amazing it is to know that I don't have to do it all, because I can't! But He loves me anyway.

He chose me as His son, and He will always take care of me.

I know my parents can't always take care of me, but I know they will never stop trying.

I understand that God picked me up out of my insecurities,

He didn't let go, and He changed my life. "...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." -Luke 12:48

If you have much, love on some kids. Adopt them, or foster them.

It won't be easy, actually it'll be really hard. But it's amazing being loved by a parent who didn't HAVE to love you.

God calls us all to do just that.

James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Thank you, Dad and Mom, for loving me unconditionally even though I put you guys through it over and over.

I will never be able to express how thankful I am, or how loved I feel.

That's the most honest thing I've read in quite some time... an honest quest... with a life-changing epiphany... all in truth.

Good on ya, Logan... for payin' attention.  <3

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Glad to read this.

Years ago, my wife and I decided we would adopt children in need.  Not for ourselves (we have six children by blood so far), but for them.  And not just one or two children - we would dedicate our lives to the endeavor, so we moved to the Philippines where the cost of living was lower, and the need was greater.

Long before we did that though, I did research on adoption, like I do all things.  I looked for the good and the bad.  And there is a very ugly side to adoption.  I joined several anti-adoption groups, got in deep, up to my neck, I listened to them, asked questions, read all the horror stories...  And decided that it was still absolutely 100% worth it to adopt (much to their chagrin).  But that experience taught me what to avoid, and what to look for.  It reaffirmed what I already knew about how we would go about adopting.  If you really want, you can view even the most glorious, self-less act of effective love in a negative light.

So it's nice to see a good adoption story for a change.  (Not that they are rare - much to the contrary, I think most adoptions are far more positive than negative.)

So thanks Logan!  :)

• Loved it! 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Thank you for sharing this with me brother. It made me cry. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

He said, "Do you think being adopted has had an effect on the way you see God, as opposed to someone who wasn't?"

When he asked me that, my first thought was, "No, it's nothing special.  God's the same to everyone."

Some people put God in a box; they believe that He can't possibly solve their problems.

Some people are still trying to "win" Him over by their good deeds, though they have been believers for years.

Many people see someone altogether different, although we're all looking at the same God.

I realize that I will never, ever understand God, because His ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts.

With that being said, one thing I have learned about God is that He truly loves all of His children.

How true that song is.

He only had one begotten Son. He gave him up, sacrificed a part of Himself, to make all of us wretched, hopeless people His treasure.

That sure does sound like adoption to me. Giving up parts of yourself to treasure a child that wasn't yours from the beginning.

If you've been adopted, and you didn't receive unconditional love from that, my heart hurts for you.

I pushed my parents away time and again, and I know I hurt them deeply with my rejection.

Consider this:

Do you think that a child, or anyone for that matter, can comprehend a God that gives unconditional love,

You see, when someone has been abandoned, they have all these doubts and insecurities.

Being adopted didn't magically fix this. My understanding of what that truly means, with my parents and with God, did.

No magic. Just the understanding that I was chosen, even though I felt that there must be something wrong with me.

My parents chose me. God chose me, although I am dirty, shameful, and inadequate.

I revel in that! How amazing it is to know that I don't have to do it all, because I can't! But He loves me anyway.

I know my parents can't always take care of me, but I know they will never stop trying.

He didn't let go, and He changed my life. "...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." -Luke 12:48

It won't be easy, actually it'll be really hard. But it's amazing being loved by a parent who didn't HAVE to love you.

James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Thank you, Dad and Mom, for loving me unconditionally even though I put you guys through it over and over.

Look at it this way Logan,  Your mom and dad picked you.  Out of all those kids they  picked you,   you were special.  I know beyond anything my mom and dad loved me but  let's face it ,....  LOL they didn't have any choice, they were stuck with me! I love being adopted  as one of His Kids.  !

Edited by RustyAngeL
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/31/1988

On 17 October 2014 at 8:07 PM, Logan said:

How true that song is.

Consider this:

wow, Log, felt really emotional after reading this, this is an absolutely  beautiful story/summary, will always keep this in mind..You have changed my perceptions, for the better..He, who started the good work in you will surely finish it.. May God continue to bless you...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I am choked up. God is Awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1