Movie “Ouija” News article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

In a report recently released by the search engine giant Google, online searches for Ouija boards—occult boards used to communicate with the dead—have risen 300 percent in the past few months, raising concerns with Christians over those who may engage in the Bible’s forbidden practice of necromancy.”

“Thanks to the new movie ‘Ouija,’ searches for ‘Ouija boards’ are up 300% since October.”

“It (the movie) grossed over $50 million total in the USA alone."

“Matt Slick of Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM) likewise stated that Ouija boards should not be considered innocent or harmless.

“Ultimately, it’s never a simple and harmless thing to use any method to contact the dead and/or the spirit realm,” he wrote in an article entitled “Can a Christian Use an Ouija Board?” “As someone who has experience in the occult, though I never used a Ouija board, I can tell you that participation in such practices invariably leads to deception and further involvement. It was only by the grace of God that I escaped from getting more heavily involved.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To others here at Worthy, I thought to post this, as it is a small part of my past. When I was 9 years old, I received a Ouija board “game” for Christmas. A few years later, I had asked the Ouija board “What works you, God?” ( I had no idea who God was at the time...)

The planchette flew off of the board... I was determined to find out what “power” was behind this and placed the planchette back on the board, repeating the question: “What works you, God?” It quickly moved to the word “No.” Repeating the question yet one more time, it paused, and answered truthfully: “Live, now backwards.” (EVIL)

It frightened me a bit, I knew it had answered truthfully, and I tossed it in the Parker Brothers “game” into the trash.

I now refer to it for what it truly is, a “demonic witch board.”

With this “Ouija movie” grossing 50 million in the US alone, it shows the interest in the occult continuing to grow here, and abroad.

Christians, don't be fearful, reach out to those involved with the occult as we would with any other lost with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, calling on their repentance of these and other sins that all have committed before a righteous and holy God!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

:taped:

I can't even say what I want to...   stay away from those boards.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

:taped:

I can't even say what I want to...   stay away from those boards.                                                                                                                            posted by other one

I second that!!!!!                                                                                                                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Even when I was an unbeliever, Ouija boards creeped me out! scared-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In a report recently released by the search engine giant Google, online searches for Ouija boards—occult boards used to communicate with the dead—have risen 300 percent in the past few months, raising concerns with Christians over those who may engage in the Bible’s forbidden practice of necromancy.”

“Thanks to the new movie ‘Ouija,’ searches for ‘Ouija boards’ are up 300% since October.”

“It (the movie) grossed over $50 million total in the USA alone."

“Matt Slick of Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM) likewise stated that Ouija boards should not be considered innocent or harmless.

“Ultimately, it’s never a simple and harmless thing to use any method to contact the dead and/or the spirit realm,” he wrote in an article entitled “Can a Christian Use an Ouija Board?” “As someone who has experience in the occult, though I never used a Ouija board, I can tell you that participation in such practices invariably leads to deception and further involvement. It was only by the grace of God that I escaped from getting more heavily involved.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To others here at Worthy, I thought to post this, as it is a small part of my past. When I was 9 years old, I received a Ouija board “game” for Christmas. A few years later, I had asked the Ouija board “What works you, God?” ( I had no idea who God was at the time...)

The planchette flew off of the board... I was determined to find out what “power” was behind this and placed the planchette back on the board, repeating the question: “What works you, God?” It quickly moved to the word “No.” Repeating the question yet one more time, it paused, and answered truthfully: “Live, now backwards.” (EVIL)

It frightened me a bit, I knew it had answered truthfully, and I tossed it in the Parker Brothers “game” into the trash.

I now refer to it for what it truly is, a “demonic witch board.”

With this “Ouija movie” grossing 50 million in the US alone, it shows the interest in the occult continuing to grow here, and abroad.

Christians, don't be fearful, reach out to those involved with the occult as we would with any other lost with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, calling on their repentance of these and other sins that all have committed before a righteous and holy God!

I saw that movie and I've used a Ouiji board before. Me and my mom and brother played it and apparently we were talking to my mom's dead Aunt. I don't think it was a demon or anything but I think you need to be careful with that sort of thing because somebody told me that there are negative spirits that just like to mess with people who play the game. I'm not going to play it again.