LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Here is an idea to make money off the idea.  If you are a man with no conviction about wearing women's clothes, or you are willing to sell out for money, do what I suggested and go to a church where women wear pants.  Walk in like nothing with a Bible under your arm and sit down beside one of these women, and see how you are treated.  When they ask you, make sure they know you are already a Christian, and not a sinner, and you are just more comfortable in pretty dresses than jeans or slacks.  Here comes the money making idea.  Do this in a lot of churches, and write a book about your experiences.  I would buy a copy. 

I have to admit, Butero....I would buy a copy too!  :grin:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

That may be, Butero. Shiloh's answer showing the reason behind the scripture makes sense to me. Women wearing pants would hardly seem like a concern, but wearing clothing to make oneself look like the other gender is. I have Scottish ancestry. Would a kilt be considered man's clothing? Could you be so concerned about the letter of the law, you might miss the intent?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

If that is the case, then I have given you something you can do hmbld.  You can take my idea and run with it.  I would bet you would sell a lot of books.  If the only problem is being able to tell what gender you are, you should have no problem going to churches that way.  Heck, grow a beard if necessary, and don't shave your legs.  Let me know when the book is written and published so I can order one. 

I look at a kilt as similar to coulotts, in that it is really a unique garment.  It is not really a skirt, as the coulott is not really shorts.  Most men of Scottish ancestry get upset if you call their kilt a skirt, unless they are using it as an argument to defend women in pants.  The funny thing is that they rarely are using the kilt argument to defend men wearing a sun dress or something similar.  Remember that when you do the research for the book, you must look like a man when you wear that pretty dress, and the dress must be tailor made to fit a man.  If you do those things, you should be approved if people really mean half of what they say. 

I am sure that if you look hard enough on the internet you could find a dress made for a man. And even order one if you like it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

What they wore in Bible times is not the issue.  I am saying that pants pertain to men as dresses pertain to women.  It is funny how nobody is fighting to defend men wearing a cocktail dress.  We know that pertains to a woman.  

Butero, we live in different times. Long haired pastors with tattoo sleeves are in.

Rev

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,785
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I'm not sure but I believe this discussion is going around in circles.  I just spent way too long reading 11 pages and I'm trying to figure out what did I gain spiritually.

On a personal level, I believe that Paul addresses these types of discussions in 1 Corinthians.

1Co 10:23  "All things are lawful," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful," but not all things build up.

1Co 10:28  But if someone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for the sake of conscience—
1Co 10:29  I do not mean your conscience, but his. For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience?

1Co 10:33  just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

• Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

I was a satanist before I became a christian and got a tattoo on my upper left arm of a inverted pentagram. It is a symbol that today is representative of Satan and the satanic church. Now as A christian I don't have the money to get it removed and would not get it removed even if I did. Because to me, every time I look at the star on my arm all I see, all I am reminded of every time I see it is , that there is nothing God can't save me from. To me, this star on my arm has become a symbol of the power of deliverance of Jesus Christ.

Well said, in my opinion.

I don't believe that it is our place to be so judgemental. We never know anyone else's circumstances in life or obstacles they may have had to endure. Perhaps kindness rather than persecution would go further towards leading individuals to Christ.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Well said also Chaplain Beth. I know the devil will mark us in so many ways not just with tattoo's either. I can tell stories of people who I knew personally which two come to mind. One was a guy who was drunk one night at a bar and a rukus broke out and this guy and this other fellow had words. The man went to his car and came back with a thirty ought six rifle and told this guy he was going to shot him. Well the guy I knew that was drunk told he man if he didn't shoot him he was going to take the rifle from him and shoot him with it and he proceeded to do so but the man shot him in the leg. To this day this person walks with a permanent limp and has a deep scar in his leg from that instance. He is furtinate to even be alive. But I would consider what happened was that the devil permanently marked this guy for life and it will never be taken off his body his limp and scar is permanent. The devil will mark us more ways than one.

The other person I knew personally was on drugs one night and the song was playing "Running with the devil" and under the influence of drugs she realized that she was running with the devil and decided she no longer wanted to run with him so she went and got a shot gun and shot herself in the leg in order to stop herself from running with the devil. She gave her life to the Lord after that incedent and wore a cast on her leg for several years. She had the cast removed but didn't walk the same anymore. She ended up going back into her former lifestyle and took up drinking and drugs again hanging out with her old friends again. She had a child out of wedlock. I saw her on several occasion after she went back to her old lifestyle and talked with her on an intimate basis on a deep personal level. But she ended up getting involved with the wrong people and she stole drug money from them and they shot her in the head and killed her. It was a very tragic thing that happened to this girl and I often think why did this have to happen. But I do know the devil marked her when she shot herself in the leg in order to stop herself from running with the devil. These kind of permanent marks nobody really see on a person but they are there. I personally have a bad tattoo on my arm that I got when I was running with the devil. People have tried to talk me into having it removed. I've been rejected by some circle of christians and not accepted fully as a born again believer whenever they saw it for the first time. I know I have been forgiven for my past sins of marking my body but it is a permanent mark I can't erase but I know I bear in my body, my spirit and my soul other permanent marks other than tattoo's that are just as real as what can be seen with the natural eye. Love and kindness of God goes along way and I believe it is what changes lives. But we need to have a heart for those we minister to so that we may be mindful to win them and not glorify our past wrongs because it really does matter how we carry ourselves and souls are in the balance and it is this that is missed and overlooked on subject of this kind.

Chaplain Beth. I don't remember anyone in this thread saying anything against a person who got a tattoo before they were saved. As a matter of fact, I made it clear I don't make judgments on someone's tattoos, because they may have gotten them before they were saved. It is what they do after they get saved that matters. After we get saved, we are supposed to go and sin no more.

I was making a generalized statement about people judging others. Nothing was specific to anyone on this forum. We are each entitled to our own opinions. After all, the good Lord gave us a brain and free will, we just need to use them in a way that can help humanity rather than harm it.