• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Maybe this will help settle things:

In the agricultural society of Christ’s time, many farmers depended on the quality of their crops. An enemy sowing weeds would have sabotaged a business. The tares in the parable were likely darnel because that weed, until mature, appears as wheat. Without modern weed killers, what would a wise farmer do in such a dilemma? Instead of tearing out the wheat with the tares, the landowner in this parable wisely waited until the harvest. After harvesting the whole field, the tares could be separated and burned. The wheat would be saved in the barnRead more:http://www.gotquestions.org/parable-wheat-tares.html#ixzz3f7VG6oVF

It really doesn't settle anything because that says God doesn't even know who will become His. So thetefore, His angels will know when the time is right, because He will show them. Plus, in the spiritual world, we look alive with the Holy Sirit, and they can see that, so can the enemy. So angels would know. So therefore, the ones that have not come to the Lord yet, do not look that way, so since the angels are not all knowing, they do not, unless the Lord puts a marker on them. This is why I was thinking that it was perhaps because those people that were going to come to the Lord later, would be uprooted accidentally. Plus, I have heard the explanation before that they 'may become wheat', and really so far it is the only thing that fits.

Well parables are stories to help illustrate a point.  If one tries to take every last piece of a parable and make it means something specific, one can miss the overall point of the illustration.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well parables are stories to help illustrate a point.  If one tries to take every last piece of a parable and make it means something specific, one can miss the overall point of the illustration.

Or perhaps sometimes, to obscure truth from those for whom it is not intended. I agree with your point though, that we cannot make every detail mean something.

10And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11Jesus answered them, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been granted. 12“For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him. 13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

-from that very chapter, Mat 13

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Pamelasv.

Maybe this will help settle things:

In the agricultural society of Christ’s time, many farmers depended on the quality of their crops. An enemy sowing weeds would have sabotaged a business. The tares in the parable were likely darnel because that weed, until mature, appears as wheat. Without modern weed killers, what would a wise farmer do in such a dilemma? Instead of tearing out the wheat with the tares, the landowner in this parable wisely waited until the harvest. After harvesting the whole field, the tares could be separated and burned. The wheat would be saved in the barnRead more:http://www.gotquestions.org/parable-wheat-tares.html#ixzz3f7VG6oVF

It really doesn't settle anything because that says God doesn't even know who will become His. So thetefore, His angels will know when the time is right, because He will show them. Plus, in the spiritual world, we look alive with the Holy Spirit, and they can see that, so can the enemy. So angels would know. So therefore, the ones that have not come to the Lord yet, do not look that way, so since the angels are not all knowing, they do not, unless the Lord puts a marker on them. This is why I was thinking that it was perhaps because those people that were going to come to the Lord later, would be uprooted accidentally. Plus, I have heard the explanation before that they 'may become wheat', and really so far it is the only thing that fits.

You’re right! It really DOESN’T settle anything! You people aren’t understanding! NOT EVERYTHING in Scripture is about “saved” vs. “unsaved!” You all remind me of little children whose only answer to every question in Sunday School is “JESUS!"

This is NOT about “saved” vs. “unsaved.” He is talking about people already IN His Kingdom during the Millennium, because both “wheat” and “tares” come OUT of His Kingdom at the end of the age; that is, at the time of the Great White Throne Judgment at the end of Revelation chapter 20! They are already His SUBJECTS within that Kingdom!

Matthew 13:40-42

40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world (this age).
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
KJV

Revelation 20:7-15
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

If you’ve ever watched the little animated movie called "Fern Gully," you all need to be like Batty, slap your antennae, and say, “Wrong channel!"

It’s NOT about the NOW! It’s about the FUTURE KINGDOM of the Messiah!

The problem as I see it is this: You all need to have a better understanding of what constitutes His Kingdom. You need to go back to the Tanakh (the OT), and RE-READ the prophecies about His coming Kingdom! His Kingdom is NOT HERE, YET! We’re simply in a transitional stage between His advents when He offers the Kingdom to His Israel. It is our position that we do indeed consider ourselves subjects for His Kingdom now, and we do indeed make other subjects for His Kingdom now, but HIS KINGDOM IS NOT HERE, YET, because THE KING IS NOT HERE, YET!

There are three things that make a kingdom: a king, a group of willing subjects, and a realm. In the first century, Yeshua` was present and the realm (the Land of Israel) was present; however, He did NOT have a group of willing subjects for Him to claim His Kingdom.

Currently, we may have a group of willing subjects consisting of both children of Israel (Jews) and Gentiles - once outsiders who are grafted into the Olive Tree against nature, and one might consider that we even have the realm back, that is, the Land of Israel is once again (at least for now) in the hands of the children of Israel again, BUT we don’t currently have the LITERAL PRESENCE of the King here, yet! THEREFORE, the conclusion is that we do NOT currently have the Kingdom (as described in prophecy), yet!

A set of companion verses to the above passages can be found in 1 Corinthians 15, and as you read the following, please bear in mind that this is a portion of Paul’s treatise on the Resurrection. Therefore, he is coming at this information from that perspective:

1 Corinthians 15:20-28
20 But now is Christ (the Messiah) risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ (in the Messiah) shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ (the Messiah) the firstfruits (i.e., a sampling); afterward they that are Christ’s (the Messiah’s) at his coming (the 1st resurrection, at the BEGINNING of the Millennium to come).
24 Then cometh the end (of the Millennium, the 2nd resurrection), when he (the Messiah) shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he (the Messiah) shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he (the Messiah) must reign, till he (God) hath put all enemies under his (the Messiah’s) feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he (God) hath put all things under his (the Messiah’s) feet. (A quotation from Psalm 8:6.) But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he (God) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Messiah).
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him (the Messiah), then shall the Son (the Messiah) also himself be subject unto him (God) that put all things under him (the Messiah), that God may be all in all.
KJV

Psalm 8:6 is part of this passage:

Psalm 8:4-9
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
KJV

And, to be thorough, here’s Psalm 2, which also talks about the coming Kingdom of the Messiah:

Psalm 2:1-12
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed (His Messiah, His Christ), saying,
3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."
4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6 "Yet have I set my king (the Messiah) upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: 'the LORD hath said unto me (the Messiah), "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."'
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son (the Messiah), lest he (the Messiah) be angry, and ye perish from the way (the road), when his (the Messiah’s) wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him (the Messiah)."
KJV

As far as “angels” is concerned, it is a mere technicality that the word “aggeloi,” the plural of “aggelos,” simply means “messengers.” THAT’S ALL IT MEANS! THAT’S ALL THAT IS IMPLIED IN THE WORD! CONTEXT will determine whether we are talking about God’s supernatural “messengers” or human “messengers!"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Ok, I am not going to quote the previous enormous quotes of past posts.

So, since I started this post, I do want to say, that I disagree with *retrotryber* about saying it is only the end of the age because how can people live that long. I see it as God constantly throughout the ages having the tares uprooted. The sons of the evil one have been around since the beginning, and well, they don't live that long, but grow together with the righteous, die, and new generations pop up. So I really do not understand where you are coming from. Perhaps you would like to explain more detail.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

And I ask, where do you get the notion that the “tares are the unsaved, whereas the wheat are the saved?” That is NOT what Yeshua` said nor is it what He was talking about! Quit projecting into the present what is meant for the future! Look at it again:

the good seed are the children of the kingdom; (saved) but
the tares are the children of the wicked one; (lost)
The man who asked that question also answered it, but forgot to read what he quoted from Scripture.

As to the end of the age, the final judgement of the unsaved or the unrighteous will indeed be at the end of the age (Rev 20), but the wheat and the tares have been growing together ever since the coming of Christ (and before that). 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Ezra.

And I ask, where do you get the notion that the “tares are the unsaved, whereas the wheat are the saved?” That is NOT what Yeshua` said nor is it what He was talking about! Quit projecting into the present what is meant for the future! Look at it again:

the good seed are the children of the kingdom; (saved) but
the tares are the children of the wicked one; (lost)
The man who asked that question also answered it, but forgot to read what he quoted from Scripture.

As to the end of the age, the final judgement of the unsaved or the unrighteous will indeed be at the end of the age (Rev 20), but the wheat and the tares have been growing together ever since the coming of Christ (and before that). 

Hogwash. That may be how YOU DEFINE the "children of the Kingdom" and the "children of the wicked one," but that is NOT what He said! AND, to USE this parable to define these groups as the “saved” and the “lost" is CIRCULAR REASONING! And, circular reasoning is a fallacy of logic. And, THAT is why you don’t understand the parable. You’re stuck on this merry-go-round and can’t get off! AND, if you cannot understand this parable, how can you hope to understand the other parables in this chapter of Matthew that also speak about Messiah's Kingdom from the sky? With the exception of the first parable, ALL of these parables are about the future, coming Kingdom!

PLEASE wake up. It’s not good for you and so many others to be stuck in this “spiritual” limbo. Don’t tell me that it’s going to take a huge learning curve to catch you up when the Messiah arrives!

I'm going to rewrite later, so I changed this post.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The tares among the wheat.

My question is, why would the angels mistakenly uproot the wheat with the tares, cannot they do their job adequatly? Or are some of the tares going to become wheat? (Unbelievers into believers). Or something that has to do with immature believers looking like tares.

I was reading this passage this morning. I don't think Jesus was meaning that the Angels would make mistakes, but that 1. God desires all to be saved and 2. God will not pour out His wrath on the righteous and the wicked.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Genesis 18:23 And Abraham came near and said, “Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked? 24 Suppose there were fifty righteous within the city; would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it? 25 Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

26 So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.”

27 Then Abraham answered and said, “Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: 28 Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?”

So He said, “If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it.”

29 And he spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose there should be forty found there?”

So He said, “I will not do it for the sake of forty.”

30 Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Suppose thirty should be found there?”

So He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”

31 And he said, “Indeed now, I have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: Suppose twenty should be found there?”

So He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of twenty.”

32 Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak but once more: Suppose ten should be found there?”

And He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of ten.” 33 So the Lord went His way as soon as He had finished speaking with Abraham; and Abraham returned to his place.

I was not serious when I said 'cannot the angels do their job adequately?'

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

I was not serious when I said 'cannot the angels do their job adequately?'

:thumbsup:

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17