• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/15/2015 at 2:13 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I'm constantly stressed, I suffer from various mental and physical health issues, and honestly wish I wasn't living (I'm not suicidal).  Why won't God just give me a break, this is no way to live.  

I can tell. You look really pale in your profile pic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 11/15/2015 at 4:13 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I'm constantly stressed, I suffer from various mental and physical health issues, and honestly wish I wasn't living (I'm not suicidal).  Why won't God just give me a break, this is no way to live.  

you might take a long look at your lifestyle and see what can be changed...    stop trying to do more than you can possibly get accomplished.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2015 at 4:13 PM, gerbilgirl said:

He has! Just not in the way you may think or know-
I once walked questioning God about things that I judged unfair... then wisdom formed from His Word took over and this is the answer:
We all were born rebellious supported by a world that encourages rebellion. This is a fact that lies in each heart and in this rebellion we
hear only our own words and thoughts and weigh out all else to that prejudice of evaluation. Even now -right now- how can anyone
not be rebellious _  .  This is why God's Word is here among us so that we may have resource outside of ourselves and this world we are
in. We all also live under a faith of our own choosing... the things we believe are there by choice and forms in us the existence we have
>notice I said existence not life< !  As you have testified that your life is yuk and I will testify to you all peoples lives are yuk and you
look out saying well mines more yukky then theirs.... this is and endless stream of yuk in comparison one yuk is better than another yuk?
When you become so weary of this vanity, this endless search in yuk for a better yuk there remains only one conclusion to look outside
of the yuk! When you come to this end, we've all been there, turn to The Word of God and I confess to yourself that it is only resource that
is here that claims to be not from here
Jn 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jn 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the
glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jn 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world,
then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is
my kingdom not from hence.
KJV

To us who have passed through into this Kingdom of our Lord's-> The Word is everything- when sick it is our wellness, when sorrowful it
is our joy, when in pain it is our relief, when destitute it is our wealth. The Word cannot be removed from our hearts it is the meditation
of our minds and in those meditations exists faith formed in something that is not from this yuk- (that we all have been born into)! This
existence within us is God The Holy Spirit and it is being born into another place The Kingdom of God's Wonderful Son, Jesus, and we remain
only to give an account of the life we now have within us... so that you may seek and find it also!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

9 hours ago, Tanner Brody said:

I can tell. You look really pale in your profile pic.

lol, thanks for the laugh.

7 hours ago, other one said:

you might take a long look at your lifestyle and see what can be changed...    stop trying to do more than you can possibly get accomplished.

That's a good suggestion, thank you.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Clearly, we all know life is not perfect... that said, I've been through the worst times of my life the last couple years and especially the last several months have been absolutely horrendous... when I think things can't possibly get worse, they do.

BUT... I do know that regardless of what anyone goes through, first and foremost we need to put God first. However unbearable it seems, you can bear it with God's strength. We may not know why it's happening - maybe because of our choices, maybe because of the choices of others that affect us, maybe just because we live in a fallen world - and we may not understand why God allowed it or maybe we'll understand it in hindsight... but we do know God loves us and wants what is best for us.

Find comfort and guidance in His Word... 
"I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer. I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

and in His Holy Spirit...
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." -John 14:26-27

in His people
"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another..." -1 Thessalonians 5:11a

in prayer
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with gratitude, make your requests known to God." -Philippians 4:6

and in praise and service to Him.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." -2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Know that you can trust His promises
"Not one of the good promises which the LORD had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass." -Joshua 21:25

and be convinced that in Him you can more than overcome what you're enduring. Do not let your faith be shaken.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:37-39

Music really helps me to get my mind focused on God... this is one of my playlists I just made because I was feeling absolutely broken, crying out to God for His peace and guidance... He hears our our prayers and praises from the depths of our despair and the heights of our joy... God is good :) 
 http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/194855-whats-on-your-playlist-and-why/?do=findComment&comment=2298871

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/15/2015 at 8:13 AM, gerbilgirl said:

An anxiety disorder or condition is what many people suffer from these days, and is typically unaddressed in Church circles, by blaming it on the relationship a person has with Christ etc. 

(The relationship between you and God was already established when you were born. He gave you life and you belong to Him by default, and secondly your sins have been paid for as well. You want to do good for God in your life and for others.)

An anxious person cannot find relief, and usually cannot be helped by being told to be positive, and to do star jumps on the beach, while grinning from ear to ear like a clown.

Anxiety has to do with physical factors like hormonal and chemical imbalances, and nutrient deficiencies, and numerous issues in life, such as relationships which are affecting the feelings and thought patterns. Physical and emotional well-being are inseparable.

It is not wise, and God does not require you, to beat yourself up about your faith or standing with Him.

He is supporting you right now and always has since birth, but He is not shielding you entirely from the negative affects of living, because He knows, that in hindsight, you don't want to be privileged above anyone else, and that you actually would like to develop the character and strength to overcome these obstacles like others do.

So here you stand today, surrounded by adversity, in your history, in the current circumstances, and in your outlook and assessment of the situation.

The next step, you have already taken - you have sought to find answers so that you can help yourself. Good move.

Talk to your doctor about health issues, as well as anxiety. You can find out what your needs are, and trained people can help you develop strategies that you can use throughout your entire life, even for the sake others. God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 5:13 PM, gerbilgirl said:

I've been where you seem to be at now.  It's extremely hard not to try to force things to happen, most times making matters worse.  Prayer is good, but you must have patience and allow God to answer your prayers in His time.  His time is the perfect time for you.  Don't let people dissuade you from getting help for health and mental issues.  In some Christian corners medicine is frowned upon.  Besides prayer, you need to do your own research on any medicines a doctor prescribes.  All drugs have some effects and some have interactions with other meds including vitamins.  Doctors and even Phamacists can't be aware of all the interactions that are possible and have been reported.  I use a site called [www.drugs.com] to check for the vitamins and prescriptions I take and I had to make adjustments because of the Type II Diabetes I came down with last year.

Be careful what you take because some meds change your personality.  I med I'm taking for epilepsy does that so I had to split my doses and have my doctor increase slightly my meds for anxiety.  The more you know your body, the better you'll be able to stay on an even plain.  And never forget the power of prayer, praise and worship of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 11/16/2015 at 6:13 AM, gerbilgirl said:

Hi Gerbilgirl,

Stress can be sometimes good because it can help you perform further. But it can also be bad if it's taking so much time,  rest etc. I had burned out before coz I didn't know how to handle stress at work and at home. 

I was working in a magazine and life was fast-paced. I was also a breadwinner and was pressured to raise a big family all by myself (I have 5 siblings). In my burn out,  I left my work. God brought me to a place of solitude (thanks to Him) and was able to recover. 

Most of the times it is actually our choice when to say "enough is enough". It is also important to learn to admit you really cannot do it anymore. Life is stressful still right now. But somehow I know how to handle it anymore. I take a rest physically when I feel I cannot do it anymore.  I go to places of solitude just to be at peace. 

I'm not a spiritual bookish person. I based things from experience after all it's the most expensive teacher. Hope you get something from this.

M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Stress is self imposed. God does not give it nor does He want you to be plagued with it. 

I saw a new Dr. a month ago. My pressure was e.g. 148/78. He told me it was high...I knew it was high because I take my pressure at home and I told him it was wrong. He told me to bring my monitor when I saw him in a month. I took my pressure at home and every time I took it it was in the 140+/70+ range because I panicked every time I took my pressure I thought of him and what would it be like. In his office he took my pressure and it was the same I took mine and mine was a degree or two off his. He wanted to see what mine was like at home. I showed him the previous  month of taking it and it's similarity. Then looked back to the 123/60-90/54 of taking it at home. He said he wants me to be as at ease with him as that lower 90/54 is. So yes, stress comes from within as do panic attacks etc. Unless we learn to "cast our cares on Him", Jesus will not step in and "do" anything because we then would have no self will. 

Though I do not know your health issues, many come from stress, and depression..none caused by God, but our own feelings of self worth or inadequacy. If we're born again, we are children of the "King" the King of Kings, not like an earthly king but One who rules them and we need to hold our heads high and learn to thank Him for "everything" ..Jesus said in "all things give praise". Stop feeling the pity you feel and start praising Him for letting you experience what you are going through. You may one day be a witness for Him because of your own experiences. That witness may bring others into the Kingdom for Jesus. Jewels precious jewels for HIS kingdom....born out of the pain you now are experiencing. What an honour that will be if you stop looking within and start looking to Him and to the hurting people around you. Look up and give thanks....just remember Job, and if you forgot the whole story, read it again. It is worth it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

What keeps coming to mind is that you're a prisoner of your thoughts. Attitude is a huge part of success in overcoming issues. The Bible is full of stories of pain and hardships that were overcome by faith and knowing that God is God in the bad times and good. Job is probably the best example. Paul also prayed for a "thorn in the flesh." It isn't clear if that was a physical ailment or just temptation but God told him that His grace was sufficient. I will keep you in prayer and will help anyway I can.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.