• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 03/01/2016 at 4:12 AM, Tanner Brody said:

I’m not one of those Christians that believe the Earth is 6000 yrs old nor do I follow the ‘gap theory’

What do you believe?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I believe in what science tells us about dinosaurs dying out before humans came. And I do not feel that such a believe makes me any less a Christian. .  I believe that science and a believe in God can coexist. I believe that God's time is not the same as our time. That one day could have been 1000 years in God's time. I also believe that God created the earth in such away that life would come together naturally. In other words, birds being decedents of dinosaurs because God put it all into motion to happen that way.  I also know that I will most likely take some flack from on here because of what I just said. But that is okay. Anyone can feel free to disagree with me if you like. Just don't accuse me of not being a true follower of Christ because of my believe in what science says. After all I believe that God was the creator of science anyway, there must be a reason he gave us the intelligence and curiosity to question all things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Whilst the word "dinosaur" has only existed since the 1840s, giant reptilian creatures are described in almost every historical culture on earth. This evidence is more consistent with humans having observed dinosaurs since the flood, than with the secular models attesting that dinosaurs died out 65 million years before humanity existed. The Bible also describes dinosaur-like creatures (Behemoth, Leviathan, Dragons).  I have no objective reason to think that dinosaurs would have been excluded from Noah's ark.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/7/2016 at 3:02 AM, Tristen said:

Whilst the word "dinosaur" has only existed since the 1840s, giant reptilian creatures are described in almost every historical culture on earth. This evidence is more consistent with humans having observed dinosaurs since the flood, than with the secular models attesting that dinosaurs died out 65 million years before humanity existed. ...

True, lots of evidence for post-flood dinosaurs, but apparently only of the smaller varieties. Evidence includes overlapping human upon dinosaur tracks, and not too long ago a dinosaur-over-human track was found. All of the mega-dinosaurs, which I suspect (based upon 1 Enoch) were actually the earliest Nephilim, likely were destroyed by the Flood and became extinct.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, WilliamL said:

True, lots of evidence for post-flood dinosaurs, but apparently only of the smaller varieties. Evidence includes overlapping human upon dinosaur tracks, and not too long ago a dinosaur-over-human track was found. All of the mega-dinosaurs, which I suspect (based upon 1 Enoch) were actually the earliest Nephilim, likely were destroyed by the Flood and became extinct.

The evidence I've seen includes large reptiles. I would speculate that it is more likely they were hunted into extinction after the flood, than were excluded from the ark. I would add the caveat that the ark didn't need the biggest pair of each kind of dinosaur, just representatives at an age capable of reproduction after disembarking the ark.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

On Sunday, January 03, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Tanner Brody said:

I took a trip to San Diego to visit the Creation Museum. They had a display showing Adam & Eve riding dinosaurs, among other bizarre articles claiming Neanderthals were just like us humans but little shorter. They explained that baby dinosaurs and their eggs could have fit on board. I showed this to my college professor who said the answer is simple. Dinosaurs (except for a few of their bird descendants), died out around 65 millions yrs ago, whereas the oldest human fossil ever discovered was “Lucy” in Ethiopia in 1974. They carbon-dated her skeleton to be about 175-200k yrs old. So dinosaurs could not have lived at the same time as people. I’m not one of those Christians that believe the Earth is 6000 yrs old nor do I follow the ‘gap theory’. I asked my pastor and he said that dinosaurs did exist but human remains from that time period were washed away with the great flood making it hard to match the two. My neighbor lady (a retired nun) said she doesn’t even believe in dinosaurs since they’re not in the bible anywhere and believes it’s all a government conspiracy. Dinosaurs on the arc? Science tells me no. The bible tells me yes?

Well I've been a born-again Christian for 34 years and I'm also an engineer.  Engineering is the practical application of Physics and Chemistry.  I do believe in the Gap and have argued the subject at length on this and other forums.  I see nothing contradictory between the Gap and the Bible.  I can't comment on the Creation Museum in San Diego, but I do not believe Adam's progeny rode dinosaurs.  I do not believe in evolution but believe in the Big Bang roughly 13.8 billion years ago as alluded to in Genesis 1:1 before the Gap of Genesis 1:2.  What happened in the Gap, we don't know for sure but the Bible gives ample clues and then there's the book of Enoch.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/22/1966

This is my opinion,I believe in the vapor canopy theory,Genisis 2:5-6  before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground. The mist could have blocked the sun's radiation keeping everything from being aged by the sun and since reptiles and certain mammals continue to grow until they die,maybe after the flood the mist vapor was gone allowing the sun's harmful rays to age everything and I don't think they were taking giant full grown creatures on the ark but more than likely babies without blemish,I don't know just a thought,I'm sure some of you have heard this theory before

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

not a theory.  well documented.((but FAITH is required, in GOD and GOD'S WORD)).  the whole world is against HIM. as HIS WORD SAYS.

I can't give you an absolute answer to this question.  Anything anyone says is speculation.  I do believe in the gap theory, so I believe the dinosaurs were destroyed along with an entire race between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.  Can I say that for sure?  No.  It is just my opinion, and it could very well be wrong.  I do think that Noah's flood caused changes that would make carbon dating impossible once you go past a certain number of years.  It is possible the earth could be only 6000 to 10,000 years old.  It is possible that dinosaurs could have been on the ark, and it is possible they could have been extinct before the flood.  All of those pre-historic creatures could have in theory become extinct between the Genesis account of creation and the flood.  Who is to say? 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Well Beloved, I Don't Find It In God's Holy Bible So I Won't Swallow

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

That Gap Speculation

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20

And Yet I Do Believe In Dinosaurs - Terrible Lizards - Reptiles

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:24-25

Especially On The Ark

They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.
Genesis 7:14-16

Go Figger

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. Proverbs 30:5-6

Love, Your Brother Joe