• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

42 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Women are not more "easily fooled" - that isn't in the Bible. 

12But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Make of that what you will. If women are more easily deceived (not saying they are), that is not indicative that they are less spiritual, it likely indicated they are more trusting. We do not think that innocence and trust, faith in the goodness of others, as a bad thing, do we?

Would we not recognize, as a general rule, that perhaps, women are a bit more inclined toward emotion, and in that more inclined to being manipulated? I will go on record that I think that is true. I think to some degree, that is why a lot of people are hesitant about having a woman for president. Again, not saying there is anything good or bad about that, spiritual on less spiritual, but I do think that God created men and women differently, perhaps to compliment each other, to balance each other out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,815
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

12But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Make of that what you will. If women are more easily deceived (not saying they are), that is not indicative that they are less spiritual, it likely indicated they are more trusting. We do not think that innocence and trust, faith in the goodness of others, as a bad thing, do we?

Would we not recognize, as a general rule, that perhaps, women are a bit more inclined toward emotion, and in that more inclined to being manipulated? I will go on record that I think that is true. I think to some degree, that is why a lot of people are hesitant about having a woman for president. Again, not saying there is anything good or bad about that, spiritual on less spiritual, but I do think that God created men and women differently, perhaps to compliment each other, to balance each other out.

Of course men and women are different.  And that's a good thing.

I am quite familiar with that verse and it is not implying trust and innocence.  It is not saying that Eve was "more" "easily" deceived than Adam. In fact, the words "more" and "easily" aren't even in that passages.  It is not saying that the tendency to be deceived was in her female nature.  It is saying that she was deceived once by the devil which caused her to sin - as bad thing.

Paul said that sin also deceived him and killed him, spiritually speaking.  Romans 7:11  Would you say that Paul is "more" "easily" deceived?  No.  Would you say that Paul has trust and innocence issues that made him weaker than other - more suspectible to being manipulated?  No.

Jesus in his Revelation to John said that the whole world is deceived by the devil.  Revelation 12:9

No, I do not recognize that women are more easily manipulated because they have emotions.  There are plenty of men just as there are women who cannot control their rage, their anger, their bitterness, or their grief.  Emotions do not make one weak or easily manipulated.  Uncontrolled emotions - which both men and women can have - can make one out of control.

Men and women are different.  But women are not more innocent than men.  None of us are innocent. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

Nope, none of that, basically just poining out, that Paul is addressing roles, and seems to use Adam and Eve as relevant for some reason. Not saying that Paul is saying that because Eve was deceived, therefore women are more easily deceived, but perhaps, because of that deception, genders have had different roles assigned to them. If not, then perhaps some sort of genetic deception is implied, much like there is some indication that our sin nature, comes to us from 'man'. I do not claim to know and understand anything here, just making observations.

One of which is, that I do not even find the topic that worthy of my participation. Either men and women are different in their spirituality, or they are not. Which ever is the case, it is what it is, and we cannot change it, and I am not certain why it matters.

As I see that, people are individuals, and individuals vary in their spirituality. I am more interested in knowing what a person knows, how a person lives, their gifting, their fruit, than I am about their gender, unless I should decide to seek a spouse, then I will consider it.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

2 minutes ago, algots said:

Look at most marriages. The man will tell you that his wife told him that he had better say that she is the submissive one.

I would be curious to know, where you got that statistic!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

35 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well I guess I have to agree to a certain extent about women being more emotional.  Some women, not all.  I don't like working for women because of the emotional thing or WITH them either.  I work with nearly all men and that's fine with me.  I think that men should be the head of the family but only if they are responsible and mature enough to do that.  Some men are not.  And I think that, a lot of times, men don't feel that they can show emotion because that's what society tells them.  I also agree that, in His infinite wisdom, He made men and women differently to balance each other.  If we were all the same....think about it!  It wouldn't work. But are women more religious than men?  I'd say no.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Well I guess I have to agree to a certain extent about women being more emotional.  Some women, not all.  I don't like working for women because of the emotional thing or WITH them either.  I work with nearly all men and that's fine with me.  I think that men should be the head of the family but only if they are responsible and mature enough to do that.  Some men are not.  And I think that, a lot of times, men don't feel that they can show emotion because that's what society tells them.  I also agree that, in His infinite wisdom, He made men and women differently to balance each other.  If we were all the same....think about it!  It wouldn't work. But are women more religious than men?  I'd say no.

I have worked with men and women. Give me a man to work with any day rather than a woman. :mellow:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,815
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I worked with women for 32 years and loved it.  Some were not worth my time and didn't do their jobs well and others were a great work force and great wives/mothers and great friends.

The handful of men that I worked with over the years in the teaching profession were - for the most part - friends of mine.  The same rule of thumb applied.  Some were not worth my time and others were a great work force and great fathers/husbands and great friends.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Yes,yes WE are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,just kidding,Old School!    I do agree with some others that I don't think gender makes any difference,,,,

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, algots said:

Maybe, there is a reason why the serpent went to Eve instead of Adam?

Although Paul put more restrictions on women in the church, I recall that there were more women at the foot of the cross than apostles.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,153
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:44 PM, ayin jade said:

God held both adam and eve accountable for their sin. Altho since it is said that death came with adam, it almost seems like adam was judged a bit more harshly?

He did in fact directly disobey God without excuse.... but the woman the greater pain in child birth leaving~ I am because of another's intense suffering.