• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Vendtre said:

Let me ask you. If those people that were killed in Pakistan had been Muslims would your level of caring be the same?

Just keeping it real; the majority of those killed in the Easter Sunday attack WERE muslims.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Vendtre said:

It is my opinion based on interactions with people all over the country and from paying attention to the country.  We (as a country) have a short opinion span and care little about what happens outside of our borders, if not outside our own little world.  

It is my opinion we (as a country) care more about who is doing well on the voice and who Kylie Jenner is dating than a bombing in some Muslim country. 

That's a pretty cynical view of the U.S. but, believe me, plenty of Americans are coginizant of what goes on  in the world. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Davida said:

It seems yahoo and all the powerful companies on the Web appear to have very p.c. progressive liberal political views & biases which they like to inflict upon their customers & the rest of the world (it's for your own good you know ;0)   

As it is written in Ephesians, Galatians and Revelation, 

all society/mankind over all , is pernicious- deadly and trying to drag everyone down as well.

When a soul is saved by faith in JESUS, besides being saved from the penalty of sin ((DEATH)), 

they are also saved from the power of the enemy . YHWH WILLING.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Just to shift gears here, I knew where Pakistan is but I was unclear about the layout of the ME countries in 1 to the other. I also wanted to see Italy online because I never got to take a trip there with my dear mother who had been born there. This took all evening. I had never used to new google maps so I did that. Wow, I must say the photography employed in the new google Earth beats out any previous Internet maps by 100%. I highly recommend them. You can now zoom out further and quicker than ever. But the real amazement comes when you zoom in. Now you can get so close to earth that you can clearly see boats in the Venice canals, men plowing in their fields, etc. Further, by putting the cursor over a name thumbnail pix show up of towns, cafes, malls etc. Click a name and you go to street maps of that city. It really is the next best thing to going there. (I can only guess at how much better this is with a HD monitor, bigger than mine, and a PC with many GB's of RAM)

Anyway, now I have a better understanding of the layout of the ME. Those countries are so small compared to NA. Israel in particular is smaller than I thought from the old maps. Everyone lives in such close proximity it's small wonder there are no many disputes between people groups with different ideologies. It really will take an act of God to make those people live in peace. I also must say considering how small Israel is compared to most of her Arab enemies they should really leave Israel alone. Iraq & Iran are really being petty in denying the Israelis their small piece of land. (I know it's about other issues) But Israel is so small next to most of the other ME countries. Google maps are a good way to spend an evening and come home much better informed of that whole area. Try it.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

That's not really true; I, personally, feel terrible about Pakistanis being killed and maimed just as I do about Europeans and any other people.  Why do you think Americans don't care?

That was the raction at our house also MG.    We all had our own prayers over it...  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Just a small note :

If I am not mistaken - there are several different yahoo news sites / pages - which are possibly meant for different countries / parts of the world.

Sometimes a news issue/article which is headlined or featured prominently on one yahoo news site - might not always necessarily be headlined or featured prominently on another yahoo news site - or vice versa. 

For example:

This is the front page of yahoo news Singapore :

http://sg.news.yahoo.com

This is from yahoo news Canada :

http://ca.news.yahoo.com

and this is the um normal / USA  yahoo news page :

http://news.yahoo.com

So - if I am not mistaken there can sometimes possibly be difference in different yahoo news sites - depending on who the 'audience' is - i.e. which country or countries it is meant for.   

Just a small note that's all.  No offence intended to anyone.  Thanks.