• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Just a thought , how do we not know that it will be Elijah , and Enoch ? 

Did you read Malachi 4: 5,6?  Here's how we know that it is Elijah who comes to earth again:  Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:  And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse... And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth...These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: (Rev 11:3,6).

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Did you read Malachi 4: 5,6?  Here's how we know that it is Elijah who comes to earth again:  Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:  And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse... And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth...These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: (Rev 11:3,6).

I see Elijah, but where is it that it be moses, ? and not enoch ? I can except Elijah ? what can you prove for moses ? and it not  be enoch ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I see Elijah, but where is it that it be moses, ? and not enoch ? I can except Elijah ? what can you prove for moses ? and it not  be enoch ?

It is pure assumption.  There is no way to prove such a theory from the Bible because there is no verse to support it.  It is pure assumption that John the Baptist was not a literal coming of Elijah, but the future Elijah will be literal, or that Moses is the second witness.  

More than likely, because the second witness is not identified, both witnesses are representative of one Elijah, and I am assuming He does not plan to clone Him to fulfill this prophecy.  Therefore, this is saying that the anointing is going to be passed on to two witnesses like it was passed on to Elisha and demonstrated in the ministry of John the Baptist.  I mean who wouldn't love to have this opportunity.  It was what Elisha specifically asked for.  He wanted the same anointing as Elijah (2 Kings 2:9).  

I would ask for it too, and I have... :) Because it would be a bigger rush than bungie jumping.  Picture it, having Elijah powers and demonstrating the justice of the Lord right and left without people whining or jumping in with their accusations about this or that.  Just be like, Bam!!   Yes, He did anoint me.  And just really get something done without all the whining all the time. 

I'm just throwing that out there.  I'd love it.  I can't imagine I am the only one who will ever feel this way, and someday someone will see the chariot taken up to Heaven (2 Kings 2:11).  In fact, I do plan to write something someday in order to inspire someone to do this in the future.  I kind of look at it like David wanting to build the temple, but only getting materials ready.  

Either way, I don't think Elijah is a literal statement at all because otherwise a second person would be identified somewhere.  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I have an opinion! :o

"I confess, I am unlearned and ignorant for I have no formal religious training and I am even a high school drop out who later got a GED."

"I was brought into the church and taught a gospel I later rejected as lacking and incomplete.  I roamed about from church to church seeking rest and found none.  In 2010 I had made a veiled attempt at suicide that landed me in the psyche ward and my whole life fell apart. " 

"I was alone.  I kept in prayer and bible study.  And that which was in me led me to begin ministering unto the dregs of society.  I began to work with homeless, vagrants, drunks and drug addicts, whores, murderers and any other crackpot lunatic who wanted help.  What I found out doing ministry was that the bible is a book of action that leads to awakening unto righteousness and an opening of the heart, mind, body and soul unto the self existent one who is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for Jesus himself said that one day we would no longer ask him and he pray the Father for us but the Father would hear directly from us.  Jesus doesn't want to be Lord over is but it is of necessity that he do so until all be subdued and the rule of the kingdom given over unto God.  Then he will be amongst us as one of us and we will all be one with him and God the Father."

"For this cause do I come again preaching the baptism of repentance saying that the self existent one is salvation.  They have again all gone astray chasing after idols and hand crafted Jesus imposters.  They have refused the Son of God who is the image of God and God has sent a curse amongst them amd given them over to reprobate minds but in the pity of his heart he has once again sent the spirit of Elijah, Yahweh is my God, in a vain attempt to make straight the way of the Lord that they might not be swallowed up when he comes for our God is a vengeful God, Mighty and Terrible are his works.  Yet, our God is Love and not willing that any shall perish but all shall come to repentance."

"So here I say, let him who has extra give unto him who has not.  For we have a seed left us to obey unto righteousness in him who is in those whom have received him but the Spirit of the Lord shall not always strive and plead with man for he is flesh also."

"I have seen with my eyes.  Held with my hands.  And know that Elijah is here sent of God turning the hearts of wicked men like me back unto the fathers and their children.  That the great and terrible day of the Lord is at the doors yet the days will be cut short for the remnants sake else all flesh will be cut off."

"I am as one crying in the wilderness watching our cities fall to slums and evil men grow strong.  For as Paul forgave in the person of Christ, I call to repentance a fallen people sitting in filth unto a washing of the water unto repentance.  Those that hear my cry and repent unto God find the true light in Christ and no longer follow after me.  And they who hear him Christ leads unto God the Father and he hears them from Heaven and grants their petitions."

"This is the beginning of sorrows."

That which is written above was done so by simply sitting and listening to what was going on inside my heart as I sought to discern with the Spirit after reading the topic and the replies.  This is what I deal with every day.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I believe the two witnesses will be Elijah and Enoch.  Both have not died yet and I believe all of us must experience death.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

Either way, I don't think Elijah is a literal statement at all because otherwise a second person would be identified somewhere.  

These verses might give a clue:

• And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”  These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.  Revelation 11:3-4
  • And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.  Matthew 17:2-3

Elijah is pretty straightforward based on the Malachi verse.  These two verses lead me to believe the other will be Moses.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Sharing some things I searched,last nite:

Heb 9:27)-It is appointed unto men once to die.

Gen 5)-Enoch,for God took him.

2 Kings 2)-We find Elijah/Enoch, walking together and talking.

2 kings 2:11)-And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked,that,behold ,there appeared a hariot of fire,and Elijah went up by a whirlwind.

Rev 11:7)-Beast makes war with them.

Old Testiment Saints)-Moses,Elijah

Matt 11:12-14)-Elijah must come again.

Rev 11:1-14)-They appear during the ( 2nd woe).

Blessings,With Gods Grace,

7Dove77

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Also,more info,

Moses died, and God buried him,

Deut 34:5)-So,Moses, the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab,according to the Lord.

Deut 34:6)-And he buried him in a valley in the land of moab,over against bethpeor,but no man knoweth of his Sepulchre unto this day.

Blessings,

7Dove77

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

A couple of years ago I did a two part presentation called "The Two Witnesses: The Ministry of Moses & Elijah." 

In that presentation, I take a much, much broader view of the subject than I have heard before. I discuss how their ministries can be seen from Gen-Rev. The presentation ties in a plethora of scripture pertaining to this topic to show the immense importance of this subject. There are many things discussed such as the the feasts, tabernacle, the pineal gland, the golden ratio, as well as the tomb in the NT.

Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.yeshuacast.com/paradigm-radio/the-two-witnesses-the-ministry-of-moses-and-elijah-keith-murray

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Last Daze said:

These verses might give a clue:

• And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”  These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.  Revelation 11:3-4
  • And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.  Matthew 17:2-3

Elijah is pretty straightforward based on the Malachi verse.  These two verses lead me to believe the other will be Moses.

So then how do you distinguish between John the Baptist fulfilling the call of Elijah (Matthew 17:12), and the suggestion of a literal Elijah coming the next time when this is exactly the same line of thinking that caused the Pharisees to deceive themselves that the prophecy wasn't being fulfilled by a man crying out in the wilderness. 

The transfiguration does not suggest that Moses is the second party because there is no indication within this event to connect the two.  

This is assumption.  

More than likely, I believe the two witnesses will be empowered to defend themselves in the face of opposition like Elijah was able to do before Ahab (1 Kings 18).   

I just don't see them coming back as super heroes unless there was a way to prove that there was no one left righteous.  But, the saints are called to persevere (Revelation 14:12).  And the days are shortened for the sake of the elect (Matthew 24:22), suggesting that will be someone capable of pleasing Him to receive the same anointing as Elijah the way Elisha and John the Baptist both did.  

The only way I would believe that it were literally Elijah come again is if there were a way to prove there would be no one righteous to answer the call of Elijah in those days.