• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/5/2016 at 8:34 AM, WilliamL said:

40 days has been the standard biblical period of trial/tribulation and testing.

The pounding downpour and great upwelling of water in Noah's time lasted 40 days, and the Book of Jasher records that even in the ark they were in great distress, until it all ended.

At the beginning of the Exodus, 40 days marked the period of trial and testing of Israel, ending with the Amalekite attack upon them, after which they had rest.

Another 40 day-test of Israel came in the searching out the Holy Land by the 12 spies, and the peoples' response to their report.

Jesus, the Divine Human, underwent 40 days of trial at the beginning of his ministry.

Then later, after his resurrection, there came a concluding 40 days' testing of the faith of the disciples up to the time of his ascension.

In our time, a collapse of government, banking, the food distribution system and the electrical grid, coupled with chaos, war, and plague (the events of Seals 1-5), would cause near immediate tribulation for most people. Even those prepared might find it difficult to survive 40 days without either Divine or human (Church) assistance. Which may be why the Lord said, "unless those days were [i.e., will be] shortened, no flesh would be saved." Plus, Paul clearly stated in Hebrews 12:18-28 and elsewhere that the Church's coming to heavenly Mount Zion will mimic Israel's coming to earthly Mount Sinai. I suspect this will apply to the time period also.

So those are my reasons for a short Trib: not conclusive, but at least highly plausible if not likely.

That is an interesting theory William.  I like the consideration of the role of 40 days seen throughout scripture.  The 40 day periods that have always amazed me were the ones when Jesus and Moses fasted for 40 days.  That is profound to me.  

However, 40 days was often a time of preparing for ministry.  Do you think it is possible that the Holy Spirit will prepare those who persevere to the end with a 40 day preparation like Moses and Jesus experienced.   

The reason that I say this is because it is hard for me to see how 40 days and the 1260 days fit.  However, I did find that you can divide 1260+ 1260(approximately 42 months)=2520(7 years)/40=63; or, 2520/7=360.  In other words, the numbers 40 and 7 divide evenly into the common time frame we have generally considered the book of Revelation giving in the body of Christ, which is interesting.  I personally believe the time frames given for the witnesses and the beast happen simultaneously and it Daniel's revelation that causes me to consider that the time after will equal the same number of days to complete a week (or seven year time period).  

So, I would be interested in hearing you elaborate more on how 40 days would be included in this concept.  

However, I overall like the concept of the discussion and the consideration for Matthew 24:22 " "If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened."  

This is a primary verse in my consideration that there is no need to consider a pre-tribulation rapture.  There will be grace in this time for the elect, which will cause Him to shorten the days in His mercy; or, in other words, evidence of mercy during a time when wrath is being poured out on the wicked.  

It is this type of encouragement that I believe will prepare the body of Christ to enter into the time of testing.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

On 05/05/2016 at 9:34 AM, WilliamL said:

So those are my reasons for a short Trib: not conclusive, but at least highly plausible if not likely.

The Great Tribulation may be shortened by about 4 months according to Daniel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The Great Tribulation may be shortened by about 4 months according to Daniel.

Ezra, I never heard this before,where does it say that in Daniel?

(Love to see those days shortened ) :))

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

22 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

It always amazes me of how many try to rewrite Scripture. :mellow:

Amen.  The Great Tribulation will last 7 years.  Nothing more to say.

9 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Rusty , God says that He will shorten those days otherwise   no one will survive, maybe 7 years is the shorter version?

I agree if the Bible says it's going to 7 years tan 7 years it will be ~~

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  4

34 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

The great tribulation is defined by Jesus in Matthew 24.  It says nothing of being seven years in duration.

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Ezra, I never heard this before,where does it say that in Daniel?

(Love to see those days shortened ) :))

Here's how it works:

DAN 9: 7 = ONE WEEK = 7 YEARS X 360 = 2520 DAYS

DAN 7:25 = HALF WEEK = TIME, TIMES, DIVIDING OF TIMES = 3 ½ YEARS = DAN 12:11 = 1,260 DAYS + 30 DAYS

DAN 8:14 = SHORTENING OF SEVEN YEARS = 2300 DAYS = 6.39 YEARS = 6 YEARS, 4 MONTHS, 20 DAYS , 10 HOURS.

12 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Here's how it works:

DAN 7:25 = HALF WEEK = TIME, TIMES, DIVIDING OF TIMES = 3 ½ YEARS = DAN 12:11 = 1,260 DAYS + 30 DAYS

DAN 8:14 = SHORTENING OF SEVEN YEARS = 2300 DAYS = 6.39 YEARS = 6 YEARS, 4 MONTHS, 20 DAYS , 10 HOURS.

:) I hear you the years were only 360 days :)

Thanks!

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Here's how it works:

We're talking about the great tribulation.  The beginning event and the ending event of the great tribulation are described by Jesus in Matthew 24.  Those durations are for other things.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

We're talking about the great tribulation.  The beginning event and the ending event of the great tribulation are described by Jesus in Matthew 24.  Those durations are for other things.

Right.  So the shortening applies to the second half of Daniel's week.