• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings hmbld

Jesus said whoever hears and does His commandments are the ones who love Him.                                       posted by hmbld

Personally ,what STANDS out to me like a diamond in the midst of all Gods Treasure is Jesus single WORD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"IF"

“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
                                                                                                                                               John 14:15

We know them by their fruits,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                To God be the Glory!                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

I can never agree or accept this type of statement................

we are not all made out to be preaching the word,

When we have truly submitted to Christ's Lordship,relinquishing"self" loving HIM more than our temporal lives,,,,,we become the unhindered vessels for the Holy Spirit to flow through,we are MADE to be spreading the Gospel ,to be fisher's of men & to make disciples of them as NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS     We do not have to be MORE than anything of ourSELVES ,we must surrender ourselves

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, RobertS said:

One other thing: "preaching" and "making disciples" isn't just standing on a street corner and preaching, nor is it just teaching in a Sunday school class (this is just my opinion): it is whenever we bring the Word of God to those who need it, and whenever we gently instruct them in the ways of the Lord. But all of us, together, are to do as scripture has commanded us.

Let me know what you think of my last statement Ezra. :)  -Robert

That is exactly right. Amen.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Discipleship is merely becoming what you were born (2) be...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Discipleship

1. Putting Jesus first in all things (Mark 8:34-38). The disciple of Christ needs to be set apart from the world. Our focus should be on our Lord and pleasing Him in every area of our lives. We must put off self-centeredness and put on Christ-centeredness.

2. Following Jesus' teachings (John 8:31-32). We must be obedient children and doers of the Word. Obedience is the supreme test of faith in God (1 Samuel 28:18), and Jesus is the perfect example of obedience as He lived a life on earth of complete obedience to the Father even to the point of death (Philippians 3:6-8).

3. Fruitfulness (John 15:5-8). Our job is not producing fruit. Our job is to abide in Christ, and if we do, the Holy Spirit will produce the fruit, and this fruit is the result of our obedience. As we become more obedient to the Lord and learn to walk in His ways, our lives will change. The biggest change will take place in our hearts, and the overflow of this will be new conduct (thoughts, words and actions) representative of that change. The change we seek is done from the inside out, through the power of the Holy Spirit. It isn’t something we can conjure up on our own.

4. Love for other disciples (John 13:34-35). We are told that love of other believers is the evidence of our being a member of God's family (1 John 3:10). Love is defined and elaborated on in 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. These verses show us that love is not an emotion; it is action. We must be doing something and involved in the process. Furthermore, we are told to think more highly of others than of ourselves and to look out for their interests (Philippians 2:3-4). The next verse in Philippians (verse 5) really sums up what we are to do when it comes to everything in life: "our attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." What a perfect example He is to us for everything we are to do in our Christian walk.

5. Evangelism - Making disciples of others (Matthew 28:18-20). We are to share our faith and tell nonbelievers about the wonderful changes Jesus Christ has made in our lives. No matter what our maturity level in the Christian life, we have something to offer. Too often, we believe the lie from Satan that we don't really know enough or haven't been a Christian long enough to make a difference. Not true! Some of the most enthusiastic representatives of the Christian life are new believers who have just discovered the awesome love of God. They may not know a lot of Bible verses or the "accepted" way of saying things, but they have experienced the love of the living God, and that is exactly what we are to share.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-discipleship.html

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 5/14/2016 at 11:09 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

There is an online version of this, wherein if you hover the cursor over the verse addresses, the text of the verses pops up, without having to open new windows on the links, as happens here. It is much easier to use and read, but, you cannot reply to it there, if you want to reply/comment, that has to be done in this thread.

True Discipleship

Omegaman 3.0 - 5/13/16

The Great Commision

Jesus, in his great commission ( Matt 28:19-20 ), given to his disciples, told them to make other disciples and to teach them to obey everything that he had said.
If Jesus told his disciples to make other disciples and the teach them to obey everything he said, one of the things that the new disciples were to obey (because Jesus told the first disciples to do) is to make more disciples who are taught to obey.

So, here we are some 2000 years later having been made disciples, because other disciples in the past have handed down the command of making disciples and teaching the new disciples to obey what Jesus said.

So if we want to be true disciples of Jesus we also must make disciples and teach them to obey Christ and of course we must obey Christ as well.

Obedience to what?

So what things did Jesus command that we are supposed to pass on to others and that we ourselves are supposed to obey?

Listed below I have collected quite a few of the verses from the Gospel (Matthew primarily) which contain the commandments of Jesus. It is not an exhaustive list. Some of the things Jesus cammanded were to particular individuals, not to us, so I did not include those. For example, after Jesus had spat on the ground and applied the clay to the eyes (I hope that means the eyelids) of the blind begger, He said: "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam". Clearly, that command was not to be applied to everyone, so that sort of thing, is not in the following list.

Repent - Matthew 4:17

Follow Jesus - Matthew 4:19, 8:22

Let Your Good Works be Seen (with right motives) - Matthew 5:16

Reconcile & Confront Others, the Right Way - Matt 5:23–24, Matt 18:15–17 

Don't Sin in Action or in Thought - Matthew 5:27–30

Don Make Oaths - Matthew 5:3437

Don't Respond to Evil with Evil - Matthew 5:39-42

Love and Pray for Your Enemies - Matthew 5:44–46

Be Perfect - Matthew 5:48

Seek God's Kingdom First - Matthew 6:33

Don't Judge  -Matthew 7:1 (My Commentary on Judgement)

Don't Waste Your Breath - Matthew 7:6

Treat Others as You Would Like to be Treated - Matthew 7:12

Enter Eternity Through the Narrow Gate - Matthew 7:13-14

Be Wary of False Prophets - Matthew 7:15–16

Ask God to Send More Workers - Matthew 9:37–38

Don't Fear Those Who Can Kill You, Fear God - Matthew 10:28

Come to Jesus for Rest - Matthew 11:28

Forgive Readily and Repeatedly - Matthew 18:21–22

Give What is Due to Whom it is Due - Matthew 22:21

Love God - Matthew 22:37–38

Love your Neighbor - Matthew 22:39

Share in the Lord's Supper (Communion) - Matthew 26:26–27

Keep Guard Against Temptation - Matthew 26:41

Make Disciples - Matthew 28:19-20

Preach the Gospel - Mark 16:15

Don'r be Greedy - Luke 12:15

Give to Those Who Cannot Give Back - Luke 14:12–14

Love Other Disciples -  John 13:34 John 15:12 John 15:17

Suggested followup: If you consider yourself a disciple of the Christ, think about how you are doing, measured by the above list

I love this, Kind of like the segment on TBN.  Are we followers or fans of Jesus.  It really made me think.  Thanks Omega.

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/14/2016 at 0:09 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

There is an online version of this, wherein if you hover the cursor over the verse addresses, the text of the verses pops up, without having to open new windows on the links, as happens here. It is much easier to use and read, but, you cannot reply to it there, if you want to reply/comment, that has to be done in this thread.

True Discipleship

Omegaman 3.0 - 5/13/16

The Great Commision

Jesus, in his great commission ( Matt 28:19-20 ), given to his disciples, told them to make other disciples and to teach them to obey everything that he had said.
If Jesus told his disciples to make other disciples and the teach them to obey everything he said, one of the things that the new disciples were to obey (because Jesus told the first disciples to do) is to make more disciples who are taught to obey.

So, here we are some 2000 years later having been made disciples, because other disciples in the past have handed down the command of making disciples and teaching the new disciples to obey what Jesus said.

So if we want to be true disciples of Jesus we also must make disciples and teach them to obey Christ and of course we must obey Christ as well.

Obedience to what?

So what things did Jesus command that we are supposed to pass on to others and that we ourselves are supposed to obey?

Listed below I have collected quite a few of the verses from the Gospel (Matthew primarily) which contain the commandments of Jesus. It is not an exhaustive list. Some of the things Jesus cammanded were to particular individuals, not to us, so I did not include those. For example, after Jesus had spat on the ground and applied the clay to the eyes (I hope that means the eyelids) of the blind begger, He said: "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam". Clearly, that command was not to be applied to everyone, so that sort of thing, is not in the following list.

Suggested followup: If you consider yourself a disciple of the Christ, think about how you are doing, measured by the above list

When I look back at the time that Jesus gave his disciples these instructions, I don't think that the disciples vision them self's among pagan people from different cultures and traditions.

I think that Jesus was addressing the diverse background and lifestyle and the cultures of the people who would believe.

Jesus was telling them, that to preach the Gospel and having people believed is one thing, ( they did not have the NT then, or the power to read), or any  press and access to literature).  Jesus was saying to them stay a little bit with them, teach them  to live in the newest if life, for the Gentiles to stay away from the Idols, and some Sins not considare Sins in their culture, like taking revenge and hating. 

Give them some roots in the Faith, and of course do not live them without the Holy Spirit, do not make them Jews like you, make them Christians. For you have to move forwards to other places, but leave good stewards  to oversee the good work you have started

Get together and study the will of God and about repentance to good works. 

Leave behind well inform believers in any place you go.  

And Jesus also said; prepare the people for the coming prosecution. 

For many will try to hurt you, for I sent you to steal their sheeps and bring them to me, people they are going to punish you and try to hurt you, they are going to do to you what they did to me. 

I sent you like sheep among wolfs. 

He warn them about the outer and the domestic procecution. 

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 5/14/2016 at 0:09 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

True Discipleship

Omegaman 3.0 - 5/13/16

The Great Commision

Obedience to what?

We should all think about that.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

Being a disciple means being a student. Jesus' disiples were called that when the were learning from him. Being a disciple doesn't mean being a preacher. When the 12 were sent out to preach and teach they became apostles. So being called to be a disciple simply means being called to learn which I believe we all are.

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Well were supposed to love God and love others. Everything else is a product of those two.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Also you forgot Mathew 10:8