• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Murphy is failing to distinguish between Sheol/Hades and Gehenna/the Lake of Fire.  This thread in NOT about the Lake of Fire.  But the English word "hell" has been used for both places, hence the confusion.

Sorry,Ezra , did I send this to you by accident? It was meant for Murphy~~~

tx for the explanation.,what would Worthy do without you? :)

We need more people like you here~~~ thank you  for the time you take to explain things to people!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

What is that, calling those who have not denied Faith in Jesus Christ "walking dead", for the reason that they have not believed because the Gospel was not preach to them.

This is not found in the Gospel, and the other statement about the original SIN, still being around.

Good luck if you try to justified both matters. 

" die for the sins of the ungodly"?...

Walking dead (Ephesians 2)

1      And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
          2      in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
          3      Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest

4      But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
          5      even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

Died for the sins of the wicked (Romans 4)

5      But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Hope that helps!

--David

p.s. - "Original Sin" is not talking about the first sin Adam/Eve committed, rather, it speaks about the "effect" that sin had upon our entire race (i.e. Psalm 51:5; Romans 5:12; 1 Corinthians 15:22)

"Jesus said to them, 'It is not those who are healthy who need
a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come
to call the righteous, but sinners'”

Mark 2:17

Edited by St_Worm2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, St_Worm2 said:

Walking dead (Ephesians 2)

1      And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
          2      in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
          3      Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest

4      But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
          5      even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

Died for the sins of the wicked (Romans 4)

5      But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Hope that helps!

--David

"Jesus said to them, 'It is not those who are healthy who need
a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come
to call the righteous, but sinners'”

Mark 2:17

Well that is commendable, I will take the time to study the context and reference to the messages, if it is referring to matters and people before or after the Cross and get back to you. 

PS

Please commend if you could about,

Whether or not we are still under the cursed of the OS, or the Adamic death through birth. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

Annihilationism is quite popular in our world today. It is an attractive idea for them. Imagine.....no hell. Satan loves it.

When Satan lied to Eve with "Ye shall not surely die", he was already deceptively intimating that (1) the wages of sin are not death, and (2) there is no second death.  But Christ Himself preached on eternal Hell on many occasions.

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Please commend if you could about,

Whether or not we are still under the cursed of the OS, or the Adamic death through birth. 

Hi YCF, quickly, all those "in Adam" (IOW, every single human being from Cain onward .. Genesis 4:1) are born spiritually dead and are born under the law (and will be therefore judged and condemned by the law .. i.e. Romans 2:12-16; Revelation 20:11-15). All those born again "in Christ" will no longer be condemned by the law, rather, on the basis of Jesus Christ's life, death and resurrection, we are saved by grace (IOW, by God's gracious choice to do so based upon His Son's alien righteousness credited to our accounts).

I've gotta go, but I will return to discuss this further later this evening (Dv).

--David

Edited by St_Worm2

3 minutes ago, Murphy said:

The Final Judgment

Revelation 20

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The last death is that of death itself.

The bible if riddled with riddles, but, sometimes it simply says what it says.

Further.........

Hell, as it is taught by the church.......fire and brimstone, gnashing of teeth......etc.........eternal torment........

Fairy tales, told and retold.

One would have to first believe that a spirit can be tormented physically. That God will give you a body, reduce your body to ash, give you a new body, reduce to ash.......rinse and repeat.

Some concepts are just stupid.

Here are some things to consider:

Revelation 20

10 The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever

The lake of fire = second death = everlasting torment and separation from God in a conscious state!

Fire and Brimstone = Biblical fairy tale? (i. e. Revelation 20:10; Revelation 21:8)
       Gnashing of teeth = Biblical fairy tale? (i.e. Matthew 8:12; Luke 13:28)
       Eternal torment = Biblical fairy tale? (i.e. Revelation 14:10-11; Revelation 20:10)

Since the resurrection of the living and the dead will be bodily, why do you believe that only spirits are cast into the Lake of Fire? The "Rich Man" certainly seemed to suffer in the flames of Hades (Luke 16:23-24).

As for bodies being reduced to ash, that would only be true if the bodies were thrown directly into the fire! It is also possible that they could be protected from being burned up, like the bodies of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego were when they walked freely about in Nebuchadnezzar's overheated furnace (Daniel 3:19-30) ... though not being thrown directly into the flames seems far more plausible to me.

Yours and His,
David

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

13 minutes ago, St_Worm2 said:

Here are some things to consider:

Revelation 20

10 The devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever

The lake of fire = second death = everlasting torment and separation from God in a conscious state!

Fire and Brimstone = Biblical fairy tale? (i. e. Revelation 20:10; Revelation 21:8)
       Gnashing of teeth = Biblical fairy tale? (i.e. Matthew 8:12; Luke 13:28)
       Eternal torment = Biblical fairy tale? (i.e. Revelation 14:10-11; Revelation 20:10)

Since the resurrection of the living and the dead will be bodily, why do you believe that only spirits are cast into the Lake of Fire? The "Rich Man" certainly seemed to suffer in the flames of Hades (Luke 16:23-24).

As for bodies being reduced to ash, that would only be true if the bodies were thrown directly into the fire! It is also possible that they could be protected from being burned up, like the bodies of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego were when they walked freely about in Nebuchadnezzar's overheated furnace (Daniel 3:19-30) ... though not being thrown directly into the flames seems far more plausible to me.

Yours and His,
David

Yes, and '40 days and 40 nights' are not literal either.

Former things will pass away, be no more.

Revelation 21:1

Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Isaiah 51:11
So the ransomed of the LORD will return And come with joyful shouting to Zion, And everlasting joy will be on their heads. They will obtain gladness and joy, And sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Isaiah 65:17
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure.

Romans 8:21
that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be dissolved in the fire, and the earth and its works will not be found.

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Revelation 6:14
The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.

Revelation 20:11
Then I saw a great white throne and the One who sat on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and no place was found for them.

Isaiah 51:11
So the ransomed of the LORD will return And come with joyful shouting to Zion, And everlasting joy will be on their heads. They will obtain gladness and joy, And sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Isaiah 65:17
"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22
"For just as the new heavens and the new earth Which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure.

Romans 8:21
that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be dissolved in the fire, and the earth and its works will not be found.

2 Peter 3:13
But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

Revelation 6:14
The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.

Revelation 20:11
Then I saw a great white throne and the One who sat on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and no place was found for them.

Edited by Murphy

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

13 hours ago, Murphy said:

Fire destroys, fire cleanses.

It's what fire does.

Just as the earth will be cleansed by fire this time.

If clear Scripture cannot convince you that hell exists, and is eternal, then nothing will.  Except for maybe going there.  Denying Scripture is a very serious thing, Murphy. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

43 minutes ago, Murphy said:

John 3:13

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Acts 2:34

For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, "'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand

John 6:46

No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

1 Timothy 6:16

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Exodus 33:20
But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is perfected in us.

Man going to heaven is a foreign concept.

So you believe there is no heaven or hell?  You cannot claim to be a Christian if you don't believe in these very basic concepts.

Guest shiloh357
52 minutes ago, Murphy said:

John 3:13

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Acts 2:34

For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said, "'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand

John 6:46

No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

1 Timothy 6:16

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Exodus 33:20
But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God remains in us, and His love is perfected in us.

Man going to heaven is a foreign concept.

That is a lie and you are twisting Scripture to tell that lie.