• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

14 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I like to think, that you and I, as much as we disagree about some thing, have unity, because we both hold that loving God is most important. That loving and serving others is next. That reaching a dying world for Jesus, is a very high calling to which we are committed. 

I have no problem with these statements, and I would say that in this regard we are united and committed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes I think that we look at something such as predestination from different aspects.  One person stands on one side of an object and describes it one way, while God looks at it from the top and describes it another, and the rest of us from other sides of it disagree in details as well.  Each has a valid contribution.  Each comprehends it in a different way.  Perhaps the total of all observations is the most accurate, but it is God's perspective that really counts.  

In fact, our opinions don't matter a lot, but our love does.  Each of us is unique and should be loved for our uniqueness and even for our different opinions.  I see Jesus in Peep, in Ezra, Angels, Omega, Enoob, Kwik, and so many more here on Worthy.  Together we and millions of others compose the Body of Christ.  Each has a different function that needs to be valued because we need each other to get the job done.  One of our jobs is to present our love for each other to unbelievers and to further God's Kingdom.  The same Jesus lives in each of us.  

We agree on the essentials of Who God is in Trinity, of Christ's death for our sins, of His resurrection from the dead, His sinless life, the authority of the Bible, the work of the Holy Spirit to give us new birth, to seal us, to empower us, guide us, and to help us understand the Bible.  We agree on the importance for each of us to have an ongoing, deep relationship with God.  These things give us a basis for unity.   Now I know I have left important things out and many members of Worthy who should be mentioned.  

The fact is, I genuinely enjoy you guys.  It is such a privilege to converse with you and get to know you.  We really are a peculiar people you know, and when compared to unbelievers and the world we are probably viewed as being a bunch of incomprehensible fanatics.  Jesus freaks covers it pretty well.  And it is such an honor:emot-heartbeat: to be numbered among you.:D

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, Willa said:

Sometimes I think that we look at something such as predestination from different aspects.  One person stands on one side of an object and describes it one way, while God looks at it from the top and describes it another, and the rest of us from other sides of it disagree in details as well.  Each has a valid contribution.  Each comprehends it in a different way.  Perhaps the total of all observations is the most accurate, but it is God's perspective that really counts.  

In fact, our opinions don't matter a lot, but our love does.  Each of us is unique and should be loved for our uniqueness and even for our different opinions.  I see Jesus in Peep, in Ezra, Angels, Omega, Enoob, Kwik, and so many more here on Worthy.  Together we and millions of others compose the Body of Christ.  Each has a different function that needs to be valued because we need each other to get the job done.  One of our jobs is to present our love for each other to unbelievers and to further God's Kingdom.  The same Jesus lives in each of us.  

We agree on the essentials of Who God is in Trinity, of Christ's death for our sins, of His resurrection from the dead, His sinless life, the authority of the Bible, the work of the Holy Spirit to give us new birth, to seal us, to empower us, guide us, and to help us understand the Bible.  We agree on the importance for each of us to have an ongoing, deep relationship with God.  These things give us a basis for unity.   Now I know I have left important things out and many members of Worthy who should be mentioned.  

The fact is, I genuinely enjoy you guys.  It is such a privilege to converse with you and get to know you.  We really are a peculiar people you know, and when compared to unbelievers and the world we are probably viewed as being a bunch of incomprehensible fanatics.  Jesus freaks covers it pretty well.  And it is such an honor:emot-heartbeat: to be numbered among you.:D

I see Christ is a few on Worthy and I always love viewing and learning from them.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Galatians 1:6-10 

I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

From who am I looking approval  for?

Love covered me~~and covers you:emot-heartbeat:

Love you lots Willa   ((((HUGS ))))))

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

What Is Christian Unity?        

John 17:11, And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John, 17:22, And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

2 Thess. 1:3, We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other aboundeth;

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/15/2016 at 3:00 PM, angels4u said:

What Is Christian Unity?

This was a question last week in the seekers forum ,what is Christian unity?

Obedience to Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

On 2016-06-19 at 4:34 PM, 7thseal said:

Obedience to Jesus Christ.

Amen!

Its loving your brothers and sisters in Christ even those you may not agree with.

• Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Amen!

Its loving your brothers and sisters in Christ even those you may not agree with.

Amen.  :)

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 6/21/2016 at 1:33 PM, C_Beth said:

Amen.  :)

Amen to you both ~~ :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

There are many challenges to unity.  One of the most often used is "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers." (2 Cor.6:14.  This means that one has judged self to be believer, a true believer and the other is not worthy of being called a believer regardless of any confession.

Psalms 133 indicates when we dwell together in unity it is there that the Lord commands a blessing, even life evermore.  This would be another blessing beyond the John 17 prayer of Jesus which He asks the Father to make us one in order that the World may know.