IGNORED

Should a wife protect her husband from flirtatious women or flirty relatives?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

Oh when I read threads like these, I cringe as I can see how humans with a failed nature can be.

For sure unless you are married to a committed christian husband, you will have problems with this issue. And even some christian husbands can fall .

These issues need to be addressed before marriage and also to get to know your husband  well enough to know that he is fully committed to a life long commitment with you and only you and the family you have made together.

If its not your sister it will be someone else. And as for your sister, you can politely say in a christian spirit, what is on your mind but also from hence onwards keep a distance from her.

Your husband seems to be reacting like a typical male. But it is also wise not to invite problems into your life, unnecessarily.   That is why distancing yourself from your sister is probably the best solution.

I would not show insecurities towards your husband about this issue, but I would distance any woman who you sense is trying to interfere with your marriage. 

In private, I would ask husband if he is truly committed to his marriage with you and explain to you how he feels about his life with you also pray to God that your husband draw nearer to the Lord.

When your instincts are trying to warn you of something, listen to the warning and bring God into the picture and pray for discernment in how best to handle the situation.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My wife would never have to bother with it.  I would stop it myself explaining it is a direct offense to my wife and I would not allow it....      No decent husband would allow something like that to happen, especially in her presence.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

18 minutes ago, other one said:

My wife would never have to bother with it.  I would stop it myself explaining it is a direct offense to my wife and I would not allow it....      No decent husband would allow something like that to happen, especially in her presence.

My husband would be the same way.  I would never have to worry about it either, and Steve was a very good looking man.  Just a couple of weeks  before we were married a nurse at the hospital asked me in front of others if she could have him for a weekend before she got married.  She was getting married just about a week after Steve and I.  I was shocked so was everyone around me that heard her.  She was not kidding, neither was I when I said NO WAY.  Of course looking back on it I would have her ask him for the shear shock value of him telling her no. I just didn't think about it.  Some people just don't have any ethics.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

My husband would be the same way.  I would never have to worry about it either, and Steve was a very good looking man.  Just a couple of weeks  before we were married a nurse at the hospital asked me in front of others if she could have him for a weekend before she got married.  She was getting married just about a week after Steve and I.  I was shocked so was everyone around me that heard her.  She was not kidding, neither was I when I said NO WAY.  Of course looking back on it I would have her ask him for the shear shock value of him telling her no. I just didn't think about it.  Some people just don't have any ethics.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

I hope someone told the man she was about to marry.

54 minutes ago, other one said:

I hope someone told the man she was about to marry.

I didn't even think about it.  She was marrying the staff Pharmacist in the hospital.  I felt sorry for him.  Nice guy but not handsome like Steve.  I didn't even realize what she might do after they got married if she was serious about wanting to spend the weekend with Steve.  

Steve's reaction?  He just laughed and said, I"m blessed I have a woman like you.  That made me feel very good.

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

18 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I didn't even think about it.  She was marrying the staff Pharmacist in the hospital.  I felt sorry for him.  Nice guy but not handsome like Steve.  I didn't even realize what she might do after they got married if she was serious about wanting to spend the weekend with Steve.  

Steve's reaction?  He just laughed and said, I"m blessed I have a woman like you.  That made me feel very good.

Blessings RustyAngeL

You can't go by looks alone. I have learned that sad lesson quite some time ago.

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You can't go by looks alone. I have learned that sad lesson quite some time ago.

No you can't go by looks alone but there does have to be a physical a attraction. As I said this guy was very nice, friendly to everyone, but he is not someone that would have turned my head.  I was so much younger then.  I was blessed too I got both.  Someone that was very good looking and had a wonderful heart.

3 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

No you can't go by looks alone but there does have to be a physical a attraction. As I said this guy was very nice, friendly to everyone, but he is not someone that would have turned my head.  I was so much younger then.  I was blessed too I got both.  Someone that was very good looking and had a wonderful heart.

I have found that some of those guys who are the biggest charmers are the most dangerous. I just have to sit back and observe a guy for quite some time. It is surprising what you will find. When I was young I was a terrible judge of character and was very naive. That is why I picked the marriage partners that I did. I have since learned a lot.

3 hours ago, other one said:

That is the way it should be. Respect and support for your wife. It is just not right for a husband to sit back and watch his wife being abused.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with what a few have already said: a man should stand up and put a stop to it himself. I would express (to both) how it made me feel... for a woman to flirt with her sister's husband, she has some serious issues. Unfortunately, you can not expect a non-believer to be as God says a husband should be - loving his wife as Christ loves the church, since he does not have the love of Christ in him. It is not "courteous" to you, his wife, to respond to her flirtations and give her attention... sounds like they are both feeding their egos off of each other.